Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where will we finish ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

The fact he played on for a few minutes after the injury makes me think it will be at the lower end of the scale.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,962 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

That's a kick in the teeth if true. I think we could deal with a 3-4 week absence with Wimmer but 10-12 weeks could be difficult.

We do have Dier as an option but I'd hate to lose him from midfield

Straight swop wip Wimmer or Dier to centre back, Bentaleb into midfield. It isn't the disaster that an injury to Kane would present. It is an undoubted blow though, especially with mid-week games looming again. What a bananas way to do a cruciate, it could only happen to Spurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Deise Vu wrote: »
    What a bananas way to do a cruciate, it could only happen to Spurs.
    Its not his cruciate!

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭bradolf pittler

Really concerned with Verts injury.Just broken up the most consistent pairing in the league.Hope he's not out for more than 5-6 weeks max.At least we have the cup game v Colchester to build an understanding between Toby and Wimmer.If they don't gel quickly it could be a disaster for our CL hopes.
    #pray4jan

Really concerned with Verts injury.Just broken up the most consistent pairing in the league.Hope he's not out for more than 5-6 weeks max.At least we have the cup game v Colchester to build an understanding between Toby and Wimmer.If they don't gel quickly it could be a disaster for our CL hopes.
    #pray4jan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

mushykeogh wrote: »
    The fact he played on for a few minutes after the injury makes me think it will be at the lower end of the scale.

He stayed on the pitch for a couple of minutes, but he could barely walk.

Straight swop wip Wimmer or Dier to centre back, Bentaleb into midfield. It isn't the disaster that an injury to Kane would present. It is an undoubted blow though, especially with mid-week games looming again. What a bananas way to do a cruciate, it could only happen to Spurs.

I hope we play Wimmer. If we move Dier, that means we're missing a first choice defender and our first choice defensive mid.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭golfball37

irishmover wrote: »
    We've gained 14 points this season from losing positions. The most out of anyone in the league.

These days we see to be no rollovers.

We've also dropped the most points from winning positions unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

I think the next two weeks should show us just exactly where we sit in the league.

Possibly the biggest couple weeks in our season yet.

Goes without saying 2 wins from 2 is a must for us (but I expect a win and a draw).

According to the Irish Independent pundits we will finish 4th 10 points behind City, with Leicester 4 ahead, Arsenal 1 and with Utd 2 pts behind. They have us down to lose away to City, Liverpool and Chelsea and beating the Gunners at home. The problem with these predictions is spotting the shock results and they basically have none in any of their predictions:

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/premier-league/will-this-be-the-final-premier-league-table-kevin-palmer-looks-at-all-the-title-rivals-fixtures-34421585.html

• Advertisement

According to the Irish Independent pundits we will finish 4th 10 points behind City, with Leicester 4 ahead, Arsenal 1 and with Utd 2 pts behind. They have us down to lose away to City, Liverpool and Chelsea and beating the Gunners at home. The problem with these predictions is spotting the shock results and they basically have none in any of their predictions:

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/premier-league/will-this-be-the-final-premier-league-table-kevin-palmer-looks-at-all-the-title-rivals-fixtures-34421585.html

Be interesting to come back at the end of the season and see just how many predictions they actually get right.
    I'd be amazed if they get anymore than 75% correct

Be interesting to come back at the end of the season and see just how many predictions they actually get right.
    I'd be amazed if they get anymore than 75% correct

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Personally I'd be aggrieved to lose to that trio, are away record had been impeccable.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

It is an interesting thought that if we win our next 2 games we will have a very good chance of being first (I don't think Lecister failing to beat City and Arsenal is to much of a stretch) come the last weekend in February when we play Swansea.

Begs an interesting question, let's say you rubbed a magic lamp and Sepp Blatter pops out and offers you a choice of 4th place today or let the season roll and see can we push on. What would you do?

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭tomo75

the latter

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

what odds us finishing 4th and Chelsea winning the CL again ?

mental isn't it, but this is Spurs we're talking about !

hopefully we'll be champions and it won't matter :)

ziedth wrote: »
    It is an interesting thought that if we win our next 2 games we will have a very good chance of being first (I don't think Lecister failing to beat City and Arsenal is to much of a stretch) come the last weekend in February when we play Swansea.

Begs an interesting question, let's say you rubbed a magic lamp and Sepp Blatter pops out and offers you a choice of 4th place today or let the season roll and see can we push on. What would you do?

Great question! That fact that you can even pose it shows the level of the current team. Any other year the answer from 99.99% of the fans would be: "Gimme 4th now!". Who knows what might happen if, for example, Utd go for the Mourinho bounce (temporary as in all his jobs, but likely) but I will be gutted if we aren't at least 3rd.

Even with the age profile of this team, we will never get a better chance. Next year City will have Pep and won't be depending on the injury-prone Aguero and Kompany, Utd can't be the same muck they are this year and Arsenal are Arsenal, they have the resources to buy quality and they mightn't be as injury-prone. Klopp might do something at Liverpool too, although I don't see how they can keep buying players at the rate they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

what odds us finishing 4th and Chelsea winning the CL again ?

Think they changed it so 4th would still get the CL playoff. But I think Chelsea winning the champions league, Liverpool winning europa and us in 4th could mean missing out.

Leicester 1-0 up against City HT. Man I ain't even mad. It's just a fairy tale at this stage. I know how badly it hurts us but you just can't help get caught up in the whole thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,732 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Aye. Let them at it. A draw would be best fir us but I won't begrudge them a win. (Still sickened then beat us on the Monday night game though).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,732 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

2 up now.

On the plus side win today and we're 2nd.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

ziedth wrote: »
    Leicester 1-0 up against City HT. Man I ain't even mad. It's just a fairy tale at this stage. I know how badly it hurts us but you just can't help get caught up in the whole thing.

Agreed. After years of the same old 'Top 4', it's good to see the whole thing being shook up!

Plus I'm glad we're one of the new kids on the block.

Let's go 2nd, COYS!

3-0 it's just glorious. I always liked Ranerei too so it makes it all the better. If this season was a tv show you'd stop watching it for how bloody unrealistic it has become

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

1st

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

3rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Hopefully Chelsea do us a favour tomorrow and Southampton stay on top of West Ham.

The more of a gap we can put between us and 5th, the happier Ill be!

If I was a betting man I'd have us 4th favourites, but only a hair away from the other 3.

• Advertisement

Hopefully Chelsea do us a favour tomorrow and Southampton stay on top of West Ham.

The more of a gap we can put between us and 5th, the happier Ill be!

Yeah I'm still as concerned with top 4 as I am with the title. A Chelsea win tomorrow would be very sweet.

Advertisement