Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where will we finish ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

TheCitizen wrote: »
    5th

This is the Spurs thread not the City one. But yes united could catch ye.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

KingdomYid wrote: »

Im hoping they're gona use the potential to nick 4th of City to beat arsenal next, and then I dont really care which one of them gets 4th.
    Would be hilarious to see Pep arrive to city who are only in Europa.

Im hoping they're gona use the potential to nick 4th of City to beat arsenal next, and then I dont really care which one of them gets 4th.
    Would be hilarious to see Pep arrive to city who are only in Europa.

That would be funny, they could do with being taken down a peg or two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭Bulbous Salutation

I've a bullseye on you lads to win at 20/1 so I'd like if your team keep it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,527 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

KingdomYid wrote: »

This is the Spurs forum, there is no Spurs thread on the regular forum as far as I can. Do you know why that is? Was asking on a different thread there but either noone knew or they just wouldn't say. Curious and a bit odd.

• Advertisement

This is the Spurs forum, there is no Spurs thread on the regular forum as far as I can. Do you know why that is? Was asking on a different thread there but either noone knew or they just wouldn't say. Curious and a bit odd.

Yes meant to say forum and not thread there. No idea why there is none on the Soccer forum, I guess why is one needed when we have a forum where we can post and not get involved in the sh*t storm that is often the soccer forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Years ago in boards early days therecklessone (I believe) requested a spurs forum and was granted it. No other fans from different clubs done the same and stuck with the Soccer forum.

What a hero. I dont think I'd be able to stick a rubbish single thread in the Soccer forum. Would never be able to keep up.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

It was supposed to be literally for the Spurs supporter's club if memory serves me right and even more interesting is that the forum is actually 10 years old in August. We should bake a cake

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

This is a very different Spurs and we all know it. In previous seasons where we looked good, like under Redknapp and AVB's 1st season we were prone to the odd capitulation, not so this season. The team is mentally strong and fit as f**k. Also seems to be a new culture at the club, Pouch has worked hard to rid us of the soft touch mentality. Been supporting spurs since 1989 and its by far and away the best Spurs side I've seen. We will get top 4 easily. Whether we win it or not is up for debate, NLD will be huge. COYS!

Don't say we'll get it easily, long way, alot of games to be played yet!!!!!!

ziedth wrote: »
    It was supposed to be literally for the Spurs supporter's club if memory serves me right and even more interesting is that the forum is actually 10 years old in August. We should bake a cake

Ah yeh that's right. It was. I'm pretty sure if you dig hard enough you'd find the thread. I remember reading it when I signed up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

irishmover wrote: »
    Ah yeh that's right. It was. I'm pretty sure if you dig hard enough you'd find the thread. I remember reading it when I signed up.

yea your right its first post above in the sticky on the new forum charter . 24.08.2006 iirc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

chaps, just a a matter of interest and now that we are actually in a title race, im putting it out there that I am going to get a tattoo incorporating our crest and 61-16 somewhere upon my anatomy if we do win the league. Having been a fan since 1981 if the unbelievable does actually come true it is something that I intend to commemorate for eternity. And no I have no other tattoos.
    Any other fellow yids think something similar?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,732 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Good idea.

I have ""Audere est Facere" already but I like your idea. Will definitely take your idea under consideration

chaps, just a a matter of interest and now that we are actually in a title race, im putting it out there that I am going to get a tattoo incorporating our crest and 61-16 somewhere upon my anatomy if we do win the league. Having been a fan since 1981 if the unbelievable does actually come true it is something that I intend to commemorate for eternity. And no I have no other tattoos.
    Any other fellow yids think something similar?

I already have the crest tattoo'd on my upper arm. 61-16 would be a great addition.

Also I didn't realise that if we did win it we'd be winning in the reverse numbers to our last time. Has to happen..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

I keep joking to the wife that I'm someday getting a cock and ball tattoo, she gets the wrong idea but I might just do that. I have a few tattoos already

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Not planning any tattoos until it's all done n dusted. Tempting faith. There's no doubting we are in a title race though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

ziedth wrote: »

As of tonight I'm looking at the teams above us and hoping they drop points, our next 6 games are:

Everton a
    Lecister h
    Sunderland h
    Palace a
    Norwich a
    Watford h

Al 6 games that we could win but equally drop points. 0-9 points is a disaster, 10-11I'd be happy with 12-14 is great going and 15+ I'll begin to believe in the impossible .
    A realistic average of two points per game will see us still in the title hunt after those 6 matches.

Three wins and three draws in any order would be delightful!

Following on from Ziedeth's post, I said the above a few weeks back.

We ended up getting 13 points from 6 games and then went on to beat City away. What unbelievable form.

If any non-Spurs fan asks I just say "yeah, I just hope we get 4th place"..... but between us, I'm really starting to believe!

Indeed,

Safe to say most of us expected to loose/draw that city game so 16 from possible 21 including 2 of the top 3 (albeit we lost to Lecister) no matter what way you cut it is potential title winning form. If United beat Arsenal and we go into that NLD off the back of two wins I think it'll be ours to loose from that day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,962 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

Ok, I think it is fair to say this team has crossed a Rubicon last Sunday and is a serious contender now. The first thing to remember though is that any PL team is capable of beating another on a given day, except maybe Villa. If we were playing Newcastle next week we would be counting the three points and looking beyond it. We are never going to get a better chance this season to put pressure on Arsenal than Spurs V Swansea and Arsenal going to the Theatre of Snooze. The last thing we need is a drop in intensity against a team that has already denied us 2 points. I think our performance against Swansea will show if there is any element of complacency or vertigo creeping into the team.

A win for Spurs and a loss for Arsenal and you are looking at 3 points up and a better goal difference of 10+. That would put real pressure on the Gunners before the NLD. The last thing I want is Wenger coming to WHL preparing for a 0-0, but hoping Walcott or Chamberlain will nick one on a break or, God help us I would have a breakdown, a Mertesacker / Koscielny set-piece.

(that said, I think we will steam-roll the Swans, but I'm almost afraid to say it!!!).

As regards Leicester, they have 12 cup finals against poor-ish teams and their only tough games on paper are in the last three when Utd, Everton and Chelsea might not be even slightly bothered. However, I think Leicester are a one-tactic pony. They have been lucky so far in that other teams have generally disrespected them and gone at them expecting a win. This has allowed Leicester to sit back in numbers and hit teams with Mahrez's skill and Vardy's pace. Essentially it is Trappatoni-ball with better players. When they are playing teams scrapping for every point, the boot will be on the other foot and I expect them to find wins harder to come by, even if they don't lose much.

It's so nice to dream for a change!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭twilight_singer

Don't say we'll get it easily, long way, alot of games to be played yet!!!!!!

Am 100% confident in this team! Something I've never said about a spurs team previously :eek:

• Advertisement

Not be a downer but there's definitely one more 'newcastle' style result left in this team. It's only the nature of the modern game.

Any team can beat any other team in the epl on its day and there's no doubt in my mind that we will drop some unexpected points somewhere along the way.

This will most likely also happen to the other title challengers so it won't be the end of the world either.

Arsenal play United at OT in their next epl games. Rooney out for 6-8 weeks and DeGea injured in the warm up tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,639 ✭✭✭Glebee

Glebee wrote: »

Chelsea won't come through the PSG match so I reckon the point is moot. I wouldn't write off Liverpool wining the EL although their are much much better teams left in there and United well are just shíte.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Dawson: "They are certainly up there and playing with no fear and I would back them to go on and win the league."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Poch says Dembele has a groin injury and will be out for up to two weeks.

Struggling to make the NLD on March 5th.

Major loss. Hope he recovers well. Time to shine Ryan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Kane out of tomorrow night with a broken nose. Hopefully it heals quickly.

Bloody hell. We don't need this.

Kane can wear one of those mask things so he shud be ok.

We struggled when Dembele was out of tge team a few weeks before xmas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

Am I right in thinking one more yellow for alli and he gets a one match ban?

Advertisement