Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where will we finish ?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Am I right in thinking one more yellow for alli and he gets a one match ban?

Dier too I think

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

Dier too I think

Damn, gonna badly need both for the Derby.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Dier too I think

I just looked it up on ESPN site, says Ali is on six yellows, that would mean he's ok til he reaches ten if it up to date.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Dier on eight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

8 a piece according to this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

If they can hold out until second week of April the yellow card amnesty kicks in and its wiped clean.

Otherwise two more yellows before then and a two game ban.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Kimsang

I wonder if they got 2 yellows(+red) in one match, to make 10 total, would that mean 4 match suspension?

This is a beautiful sight

378908.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

West ham
    ARSENAL
    villa
    BOURNEMOUTH
    Liverpool
    UNITED
    stoke
    WEST BROM
    chelsea
    SOUTHAMPTON
    Newcastle

(Home games in caps)

So there it is? Maybe what three "easy" games at best and one each against the old "top 4" that we rarely beat historically.

Do I think it's possible? Absolutely. In fact If we get into that Liverpool game unbeaten or somehow continue the winning run I think we will actually do it. It's exciting/nervous times over the next few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,732 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

ziedth wrote:
    Do I think it's possible? Absolutely. In fact If we get into that Liverpool game unbeaten or somehow continue the winning run I think we will actually do it. It's exciting/nervous times over the next few months.

Im dreading the Liverpool game. It would be just like them to derail us.

• Advertisement

I'm dreading the west ham game. They always do us there.

Also anyone think we could be playing Newcastle away with a win for us handing us the league and potentially sending Newcastle down?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

How many of those 11 games do you reckon we need to win to be in with a shout? If we win 8 for example do we have a chance?

ziedth wrote: »
    How many of those 11 games do you reckon we need to win to be in with a shout? If we win 8 for example do we have a chance?

I'd say anything over 27 points should just scrape it.

There's two defeats minimum in Leicester if any of the remaining teams play like Norwich did.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

This week could be a title making week. Two London derbies.

Kante out for 2 weeks for Leicester.

Key man for them. As critical as Dier is for us. No idea who their replacement is but he's unlikely to be of the same calibre.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Kante out for 2 weeks for Leicester.

Key man for them. As critical as Dier is for us. No idea who their replacement is but he's unlikely to be of the same calibre.

He's been unreal for them this season.

Gokhan Inler will probably replace him, hasn't really performed this season.

Paul Merson has predicted a 3-1 defeat to West Ham.

irishmover wrote: »
    Paul Merson has predicted a 3-1 defeat to West Ham.

Who gives afcuk what he thinks. He's just trying to talk up arsenals comeback

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Here's our remaining fixtures, with the possibility of 5 more games in the Europa League if we beat Dortmund.

West Ham (Away)
    Arsenal (Home)
    Bor Dortmd (Away)
    Aston Villa (Away)
    Bor Dortmd (Home)
    Bournemouth (Home)
    Liverpool (Away)
    Man Utd (Home)
    Stoke (Away)
    West Brom (Home)
    Chelsea (Away)
    Southampton (Home)
    Newcastle (Away)

Arsenal, Liverpool, United and Chelsea. That is not an easy ask. Liverpool and United we should be beating, but Chelsea are back on form and Arsenal need to get a win if they want to get their title challenge back on track. It'll be very tough for us to keep close to, or overtake, Leicester with their run of games. I just can't see them dropping many points against the teams they are playing.

Either way, it's great to be challenging, and would be absolutely fantastic if we managed to do it (obviously).

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭leonards

Kiith wrote: »
    Here's our remaining fixtures, with the possibility of 3 more games in the Europa League if we beat Dortmund.

West Ham (Away)
    Arsenal (Home)
    Bor Dortmd (Away)
    Aston Villa (Away)
    Bor Dortmd (Home)
    Bournemouth (Home)
    Liverpool (Away)
    Man Utd (Home)
    Tottenham (Away)
    West Brom (Home)
    Chelsea (Away)
    Southampton (Home)
    Newcastle (Away)

Arsenal, Liverpool, United and Chelsea. That is not an easy ask. Liverpool and United we should be beating, but Chelsea are back on form and Arsenal need to get a win if they want to get their title challenge back on track. It'll be very tough for us to keep close to, or overtake, Leicester with their run of games. I just can't see them dropping many points against the teams they are playing.

Either way, it's great to be challenging, and would be absolutely fantastic if we managed to do it (obviously).

Tottenham (away) should be an easy 3 points... :)

• Advertisement

Yeah, an easy 3 points. Same old Spurs and all that :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Kiith wrote: »
    Here's our remaining fixtures, with the possibility of 3 more games in the Europa League if we beat Dortmund.

Wont we have up to 5 games if we beat Dortmund? Home and away in Quarters, semi's then the final?

Indeed we will. I should have stayed in bed this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

7 more games to win the Europa League is an awful ordeal. Such a marathon of a tournament.

Imagine we won it and didn't even need the Champions League prize.

Ormus wrote: »
    7 more games to win the Europa League is an awful ordeal. Such a marathon of a tournament.

Imagine we won it and didn't even need the Champions League prize.

That would be great, trophies keep the players and fans happy.

That would be great, trophies keep the players and fans happy.

Ha well of course, I'm not saying it wouldn't be great to win a European trophy.

But it would also be a waste of a Champions League spot, after all our disappointing seasons to qualify for it twice in one season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,962 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

Ormus wrote: »
    Ha well of course, I'm not saying it wouldn't be great to win a European trophy.

But it would also be a waste of a Champions League spot, after all our disappointing seasons to qualify for it twice in one season.

it might be the new "Spursy" if we qualified twice for the Champions league in one season wouldn't it?

It's great that we can laugh! :D

Ormus wrote:

They should allow us to defer it to some other season when we fail to finish top 4.

*cough*

• Advertisement

Deise Vu wrote: »
    it might be the new "Spursy" if we qualified twice for the Champions league in one season wouldn't it?

It's great that we can laugh! :D

I like it.

"Doin a Spurs" = To exceed ones targets by so much that one doesn't even need all of the benefits acquired.

Advertisement