Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where will we finish ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Hammar

Great opportunity to go top if we can beat West Ham tomorrow with Leicester dropping 2 points tonight. Won't be anything approaching easy of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

4 points this week I'd be letting Dortmund strut their stuff next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

West Ham away IMO is our bogey game. We struggle alot against them because they perform out of their skin.

I'd snap a draw right now. Yes it would be great to go top but I'd much rather a draw tomorrow and a win on Saturday than the other way round.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

irishmover wrote: »
    West Ham away IMO is our bogey game. We struggle alot against them because they perform out of their skin.

I'd snap a draw right now. Yes it would be great to go top but I'd much rather a draw tomorrow and a win on Saturday than the other way round.

Yeah, this game is their cup final

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Fully agree.

West Ham haven't lost at home since the third match of this season. Anything more than a draw is unbelievable.

A win on Saturday is more important!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

if we want to be winning the league we have to be beating the likes of the hammers. 1-0 kane

COYFS !!!!!

if we want to be winning the league we have to be beating the likes of the hammers. 1-0 kane

COYFS !!!!!

I dont entirely agree. They've had an excellent season and as mentioned always up their game against us. I think we can still win the league with a draw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,731 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

11 games to go - 33 points to be won and lost.

We have picked up 28 from a possible 33 in our last 11 league games.. that's phenomenal. It will be even more phenomenal if we can maintain that ratio.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

the title is now in our own hands

COYS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

the title is now in our own hands

COYS

unless leicester win their remaining games 9-0.
    Here what I think:
    west ham 1-1
    arse 2-0
    villa 2-1
    bournmouth 3-0
    liverpool 0-0
    stoke 2-2
    man utd 2-0
    west brom 1-0
    chelsea 0-2
    saints 2-0
    newcastle 2-0

24 more pts. Giving us 78pts... I reckon that should be enough to secure Champions League Qualification:p

unless leicester win their remaining games 9-0.
    Here what I think:
    west ham 1-1
    arse 2-0
    villa 2-1
    bournmouth 3-0
    liverpool 0-0
    stoke 2-2
    man utd 2-0
    west brom 1-0
    chelsea 0-2
    saints 2-0
    newcastle 2-0

24 more pts. Giving us 78pts... I reckon that should be enough to secure Champions League Qualification:p

So we dont lose any of our remaining games?

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Hammar

So we dont lose any of our remaining games?

I think Positive note has us down to lose against Chelsea.

Prediction already gone up with the west ham defeat. Need to claw those points somewhere else.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Oddly enough we are better off then i predicted we would be yesterday. I thought we'd draw, Arsenal would win and City would lose. Arsenal losing really made our result not be as bad, but it was also a massive missed opportunity for us to go top and 6 points clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,760 ✭✭✭abff

Kiith wrote: »
    Oddly enough we are better off then i predicted we would be yesterday. I thought we'd draw, Arsenal would win and City would lose. Arsenal losing really made our result not be as bad, but it was also a massive missed opportunity for us to go top and 6 points clear.

It was a missed opportunity for us, but it was an even bigger missed opportunity for Arsenal, particularly as they went one nil up early on and looked like running away with it at that stage according to the commentator on Sky. What's key now is which side reacts better on Saturday to yesterday's disappointment.

If we win, then we will be 6 points ahead with two relatively easy (on paper, at least) matches coming up after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Thanks to City and Arsenal's defeats last night we're pretty much as we were.... except we are a game closer to the end of the season. The closer to the end of the season that we can get and only be three points off the top, the happier I will be.

Our superior goal difference is effectively worth a point to us. I think that could be massive come decision day.

The key now is to put as much distance between us and City/Arsenal as possible. Let's try kick them while they're down.

COYS!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Cech out for 4 weeks.

I don't like feeling happy at an injury, but it's gotta be said that slightly increases our title chances.

Ormus wrote: »
    Cech out for 4 weeks.

I don't like feeling happy at an injury, but it's gotta be said that slightly increases our title chances.

He's won them as many points as Lloris has for us imo. Massive loss.

Personally this draw I think can rule us out of winning the league.

I think 3rd is what we can hope for.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

irishmover wrote:
    Personally this draw I think can rule us out of winning the league.

irishmover wrote:
    I think 3rd is what we can hope for.

If Leicester lose or even draw today then we are still in it. Lots of games to go. COYS

Jaysus lads, relax. One minute, we're world beaters - the next minute, we'll struggle to make the top 4.

If we get 6 points from the next two games and get something at Anfield, we'll be well in the hunt for the title.

abff wrote: »
    Jaysus lads, relax. One minute, we're world beaters - the next minute, we'll struggle to make the top 4.

If we get 6 points from the next two games and get something at Anfield, we'll be well in the hunt for the title.

Who said struggle for top 4? I said 3rd.

Let's be reliastic with the games remaining lads. We've just drawn to a 10 man side who were down and out. We've given them hope. Hope that will most likely bite us.

No shame in admitting I think the league is beyond us. 3rd spot is incredible.

Who said struggle for top 4? I said 3rd.

Let's be reliastic with the games remaining lads. We've just drawn to a 10 man side who were down and out. We've given them hope. Hope that will most likely bite us.

No shame in admitting I think the league is beyond us. 3rd spot is incredible.

Wasn't aimed at you in particular. It just seems that we're either in ecstasy or in despair.

I'm also gutted that we didn't finish them off, but it's too early to write off our title chances.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

we should have finished them off...

Leicester can't keep getting away with it....they have to drop a couple

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭leonards

Watford are a good team... We struggled against them... That can get a draw or win at home today... Fingers crossed.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I still believe :D, but everyone's entitled to give up hope whenever they want and it's understandable that it'll just take more than one season to work out the negativity within the fanbase.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Today was our golden chance to rub salt into arsenals wounds. We didn't take it. We've got plenty of tough games coming up. Teams also that are struggling will be no push over.

• Advertisement

I know it's only March but we do have a difficult coming up. I'm sure we'll pick up again soon.

Advertisement