Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where will we finish ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

marehz scored there 1nil leics..! boooooooooooooo come on watford save the day

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭leonards

davycc wrote: »
    marehz scored there 1nil leics..! boooooooooooooo come on watford save the day

LC have balls of steel this season....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,732 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

If you told me I'd be sitting at home on a sat night in March shouting at my phone telling Watford to score against Leicester I'd have told you sign my commit papers to the local looney bin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

irishmover wrote: »
    Personally this draw I think can rule us out of winning the league.

I think 3rd is what we can hope for.

I think Arsenal and City fans are feeling the same way. At that rate, I'd suggest lumping all the money you have on Leicester to win the league.

Personally, I think there's a long way to go. Trophies aren't handed out in March!

Just to put things into perspective lads. We are only 3 points worse off then this time last week. That's nothing. We are still in it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭tomo75

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

I wouldn't agree with that. Tough week but City and Arse are failing lesser tests. We are 5 points off the top. No point hitting the panic button. City won 4.0 against a very poor villa team. City and Arse are not all that.
    As for LC, fair play to them but I would be shocked if it didn't come down to <3 point title run in.

Believe !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

We need to guarantee top 3 really. Both West ham and man united are in form and will be making ground on us, if we are not careful. Thursday night football drains us too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

United back to business as usual anyway.

ziedth wrote:
    United back to business as usual anyway.

Only result that went our way this weekend.

Also took some comfort in westham beating Everton ... shows what a decent team they are and they will cause our rivals points too.

... onwards and upwards but maximum points required from next 3 fixtures.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Going to be a rollercoaster till the end! Il only be happy when we are 9 clear of fifth with 3 games to go and a ridiculous goal difference.
    p.s. Villa held city scoreless til have time so sunday could be a nervous one!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭golfball37

We're not playing well at the moment, Poch's teams have run out of steam in March previously- espanyol and Southampton did same thing. Alli and Dier look knackered.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

golfball37 wrote: »
    We're not playing well at the moment, Poch's teams have run out of steam in March previously- espanyol and Southampton did same thing. Alli and Dier look knackered.

Perhaps we should right off the Thursday night carry on. That will only distract us more!

I was just looking at the last 8 games fixtures and Lecister have it far from easy the last 5 games. Not in order but they have west ham, Everton, Swansea united and Chelsea I still reckon it's all very much to play for and if we go into the pool game with 6 points under our belts it will become very interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭slegs

ziedth wrote: »
    I was just looking at the last 8 games fixtures and Lecister have it far from easy the last 5 games. Not in order but they have west ham, Everton, Swansea united and Chelsea I still reckon it's all very much to play for and if we go into the pool game with 6 points under our belts it will become very interesting

If we win our next two the Pool game will be the key game of the run in

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Yeah, we should walk the next two games. Villa are woeful, and Bournemoth look like they should be safe enough. Liverpool are hit and miss at the moment, but they always seem to turn up against us.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭golfball37

ziedth wrote: »

At what point do teams with nothing to play for start taking it handy against Leicester? I know if I was a Chelsea fan and we had nothing to play for I'd want to see Raneiri win the league. Everton have nothing to play for either

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

if they draw two games thats 4 pts droped for a start. Ignore all around us and just get our own points on the board. Two bad results after a brilliant run, lets just hope that we can get two wins on the bounce and Moyes takes over at Newcastle before Leicester play them... giving them a 'new manager bounce'.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

We've got 3 Monday games left before the end of the season.

Stoke away
    West Brom home
    Chelsea away

I'm not a fan of Monday games but they're all winnable IMO. The only advantage is knowing where Arsenal and Leicester sit before we play our match.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

With that win yesterday I am back in the I'm ****ting it camp... Im going to be honest and say that my nerves will be all over the place the next few weeks. What it would mean to me personally, and Im sure to alot of others on this board cant be put in words. I'm supporting us to long and have had so many let downs over the decades that Im not expecting anything but 2nd or 3rd, and I will be freaked. This is the season that we actually have a chance of doing what I honestly never thought id see us do in my lifetime. I wish I could enjoy it more but my nerves are getting the better of me... apologies, I just needed to release soime of the pressure, that is only going to get more intense...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

With that win yesterday I am back in the I'm ****ting it camp... Im going to be honest and say that my nerves will be all over the place the next few weeks. What it would mean to me personally, and Im sure to alot of others on this board cant be put in words. I'm supporting us to long and have had so many let downs over the decades that Im not expecting anything but 2nd or 3rd, and I will be freaked. This is the season that we actually have a chance of doing what I honestly never thought id see us do in my lifetime. I wish I could enjoy it more but my nerves are getting the better of me... apologies, I just needed to release soime of the pressure, that is only going to get more intense...

I'm still not optimistic that we can do this. We've shown signs of tiredness in the last few games, and we still have 5 top half teams left to play. Just too many potential banana skins, compared to Leicester.

That said, who knows.

On a brighter note, if we can beat Bournemouth, there is a great chance that both West Ham and Man U will drop points this weekend, so we could have top 4 pretty much sewn up.

Looking at our fixtures, compared to Leicester, we definitely do have a tougher time, but there's is far from easy. We should beat Bournemouth, and if we can get 4 points fro Liverpool and Utd (which i would hope we can do). After that, Stoke and Chelsea should be the only potential tough games.

Last 3 games for Leicester are tough enough, and they have to play West Ham as well, who are playing some great football. Tonight will be interesting as well, as Benitez will have Newcastle sitting back and not worrying about possession as much, so they shouldn't be as vulnerable to the counter.

-- | Leicester V Newcastle
    Tottenham V Bournemouth | Crystal Palace V Leicester
    Liverpool V Tottenham | Leicester V Southampton
    Tottenham V Man Utd | Sunderland V Leicester
    Stoke V Tottenham | Leicester V West Ham
    Tottenham V West Brom | Leicester V Swansea
    Chelsea V Tottenham | Man Utd V Leicester
    Tottenham V Southampton | Leicester V Everton
    Newcastle V Tottenham | Chelsea V Leicester

Either way, it's great to see us up there, and i'd love it if we are fighting for it at the end of the season.

Imagine we actually won it :eek:

I'm calling it now for future gloating purposes. Lecister is going to draw or maybe even loose that game tonight which is going to spark an absolute meltdown. They won't get more then 10 points the remainder of this season.

Now the big question is who is going to go for it. I had said Arsenal all along but they don't look into it at all a title winning team. City are just a disgrace they should be winning that league at a stroll but for whatever reason are playing with absolutely zero heart. They have enough quality on their bench to mount a challenge so I wouldn't write them off by any means.

If we win the weekend and against Liverpool I'll begin to believe that we will do it. We just have too many hard games and "spursy" type games that we can drop points that I honestly believe we have equal chance to win the league with 2 to play or equally fall out of the top 4 altogether. Bit like was said above top 3 and keep the challenge alive till the last couple of games and it'll be the best season I'm sure most of us can remember.

Southampton and West Ham although admirable and both have an outside chance of a top 4 a challenge is most likely too much on them.

United it quite literally goes against everything I believe in that LVG still has a job but they can beat City next week and easily loose to Villa the following week. The hope I'd say for them is they are good against our competitors and cat against us.

Liverpool are a little too late to the party, win their two games in hand I'll be looking over my shoulder at them but the damage has been done I feel. Maybe 4th if City/Arsenal continue this game of who is going to fall apart worse.

Chelsea thankfully left it too late although a bit like united look like they can beat anyone. We'll be counting on them last day of the season maybe too so who knows.

Leicester are 1-0 after 25 mins. Not looking like Newcastle are going to do much tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,639 ✭✭✭Glebee

Newcastle look poor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Kiith wrote: »
    Leicester are 1-0 after 25 mins. Not looking like Newcastle are going to do much tonight.

Unfortunately they'll be much improved and harder to break through when we have them on the last day of the season

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭09_09_09

2-1 to Newcastle.

Rafa please take Cissoko and Mitrovic (sp??) off and Put Townsend and Doumbia for the 2nd half. I think Andros pace will cause them some problem..

Unfortunately they'll be much improved and harder to break through when we have them on the last day of the season

They could be safe/down by then with a bit of luck. My big hope is that Chelsea are pushing for a CL place by then*

*If we are in with a shout of winning the league

Leicester win alot of games 1-0. Dont be surprised if the score doesn't change.

• Advertisement

irishmover wrote: »
    Leicester win alot of games 1-0. Dont be surprised if the score doesn't change.

I shouldn't have said anything.

Advertisement