Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where will we finish ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Seems a few back calling for Wengers head again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

If City win the cup today 6th place will qualify for the Europa League.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

KingdomYid wrote: »
    If City win the cup today 6th place will qualify for the Europa League.

so your saying we need to finish 4th or 7th, im sure that can be arranged:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

No chance this will happen but wouldn't it be great if we snatched 4th from the goons!? One can only hope...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

irishmover wrote: »
    Seems a few back calling for Wengers head again.

One can only hope they do, I reckon they'd do a United next season if he goes

• Advertisement

5 of our 7 league defeats have come directly after Europa league football. That is the difference between our form and Liverpools.

I'd be interested to see how they handle Europe next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

nbar12 wrote: »
    No chance this will happen but wouldn't it be great if we snatched 4th from the goons!? One can only hope...

Three points against Chelsea and knicking 4th becomes a real possibility. As Arsenal have us, Chelsea, City and Everton in consecutive matches. Though, when's the last time a team has won at Stamford Bridge wile they've been managed by Mourinho?? :(:(

Three points against Chelsea and knicking 4th becomes a real possibility. As Arsenal have us, Chelsea, City and Everton in consecutive matches. Though, when's the last time a team has won at Stamford Bridge wile they've been managed by Mourinho?? :(:(

If we beat Chelsea and Arsenal we'll go level on points with Arsenal with them having a game in hand.

Big if.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Bad blood between Torres and Vertonghen, should be a blood bath.

If we beat Chelsea and Arsenal we'll go level on points with Arsenal with them having a game in hand.

Big if.

Massive if.

Chelsea at the Bridge is near impossible and we play Arsenal three days after Benfica.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Fcuk it, who knows, we hadn't won in donkeys at OT up until recently, records are there to be broken, I don't give us much hope at the bridge, but you never know in football.

By the time we face Liverpool we'll have played 47 games this season as opposed to Liverpools 36.

11 games more played this season when we meet. Madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

By the time we face Liverpool we'll have played 47 games this season as opposed to Liverpools 36.

Yeah the Europa is such a slog of a tournament. I really think we should be playing our second 11 all the way up to the quarter finals, even if it meant not making it that far.

Ormus wrote: »
    Yeah the Europa is such a slog of a tournament. I really think we should be playing our second 11 all the way up to the quarter finals, even if it meant not making it that far.

Interestingly though. Europa league plays the same amount of games as the Champions league.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,659 ✭✭✭golfball37

Whats madness is they have scored TWICE the amount of goals we have.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

It seems that the red half of north London is unhappy that Mike Dean is reffing our game against Arsenal this week end, according to twitter.

I know nothing about twitter, so don't take anything I say about this as gospel.

jobeenfitz wrote: »
    It seems that the red half of north London is unhappy that Mike Dean is reffing our game against Arsenal this week end, according to twitter.

I know nothing about twitter, so don't take anything I say about this as gospel.

Apparently Arsenal have won 3 games in Deans last 20 PL games he's reffed (so 15%).

I thought I'd get this thread going again considering we've just won a match. #shorttermmemory

Though, Arsenal have been terrible in their last three league matches..... Chelsea, us and Stoke.

The gap is six points dot dot dot

I thought I'd get this thread going again considering we've just won a match. #shorttermmemory

Though, Arsenal have been terrible in their last three league matches..... Chelsea, us and Stoke.

The gap is six points dot dot dot

Please please please can we not close this thread and just see what happens?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭squirrelohara

Painful to watch spurs today. Mistakes all over the pitch. They should lose a few more games before the season is over.

• Advertisement

Arsenal have Swansea, City and Everton in their next three games.

Everton have two winnable games against Newcastle and Fulham before they play Arsenal. Plus they have a game in hand of the Gooners.

If Arsenal don't get full points against Swansea tomorrow, Everton could be 4th by mid-March. I'd love to see Everton drag Arsenal in to a 4th place scrap.

We'll nicely settle in to 6th with no threat of Europe, Tim's head will be on the block and the new manager will have a Europe-free season to set up his squad next season in preparation for Champions League football the following season.

COYS!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

good point on the gunner everton race but i thought 7th place was needed for us to avoid the EL next season since city won the lg cup

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

davycc wrote: »
    good point on the gunner everton race but i thought 7th place was needed for us to avoid the EL next season since city won the lg cup

Hopefully United win Champions League so there's only 3 places :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Martin567

Everton have a very difficult end to the season. They have Arsenal, Man Utd & Man City in their last 7 games. They also have Southampton, Sunderland & Hull away. Looking at their fixtures a few months back, I reckoned that Spurs would finish ahead of Everton so long as they were within 4 or 5 points of them by mid April. Whether Spurs might be better off missing out on the EL is a different matter!

In fairness to Tim Sherwood, Spurs have picked up 29 points in his 15 games in charge. That's actually an excellent average. I'm not saying he's the long-term answer but it's unfair to say that his few months in charge has been a disaster.

Yupp we will have to fall belw United and finish 7th to avoid Europe.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Hopefully United win Champions League so there's only 3 places :-)

Ah don't say that. We'll end up getting 4th and lose out again :(

SHHHHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

Kiith wrote: »
    Ah don't say that. We'll end up getting 4th and lose out again :(

I'm saying it because I'm doubtful we'll get fourth, would be great karma for Arsenal to get fourth only to lose out

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Is it confirmed that 6th place gets Europa League now ? All the tables I have seen only have the one spot in 5th place showing.

• Advertisement

Is it confirmed that 6th place gets Europa League now ? All the tables I have seen only have the one spot in 5th place showing.

There's one spot for 5th place, there's one for the FA Cup (winner or runner-up) and there's one spot for the League Cup (winner only). If the winner of the League Cup has already qualified for Europe, the spot goes to the next team in the league. :(

Advertisement