Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Account switch denied without a reason!

Options
  • 20-08-2013 10:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Unfortunately after many years of happy banking with BOI I was forced to change the Bank once all the new charges have been introduced. I had done that recently and all went well with the new Bank, however when they tried to get the account closed as per my instructions, Bank of Ireland rejected it stating it could not be done at this stage.

However the reply never stated the reason why it could not be completed.

I have tried calling customer service & my branch yesterday and after getting passed around to 4 different people I was passed to a v-mail of a person.

I did leave the message however I did not hear back.

Can you please let me know what I need to do in this instance to have my account closed and balance remaining transferred to my new Bank?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Laura

Hi Peanut2011.

We are sorry to hear we are losing your business.

Due to data protection, the branch would not be in a position to advise another bank the reason a closure instruction is denied.

If you would like to send us a PM with your name, branch and a contact number, we can follow up with your branch and arrange for them to give you a call.

Hope this helps.
    Laura

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Peanut2011

Hi Laura,

Thank you for the quick reply. I tried sending you a PM but it won't let me. Can you please let me know where to send PM and I will do so.

Hi Peanut2011.

We have sent you a PM directly.
    Please reply to this mail and we will be happy to forward your details to your account holding branch.

Thanks
    Laura

Hi Peanut2011.

We have received your PM and have forwarded the details to your branch.
    A representative will be in touch with you shortly.

If there is anything else we can help you with, please let us know.
    Laura

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Peanut2011

Hi Laura,

Just wanted to thank you for your help on the matter I have been contacted by the BOI staff who can help.

• Advertisement

Hi Peanut2011.

We are delighted to hear this has now been resolved for you.

If we can help you with anything else in the future, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Laura

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Mjoyce

After making an application in the branch,how long should it take to receive a phone call with your account number ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi Mjoyce,

Thanks for getting in touch and welcome to boards.

If you have opened a Personal Current Account, you would generally receive your new account details 1-2 days after you visited the branch.

We hope this helps and if you have any further questions, please feel free to ask.

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Mjoyce

Thanks for the quick response. Yes, it was a personal current account and I applied yesterday at the branch. 

Advertisement