Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ETCI Reg Quries

Options
  • 20-08-2013 11:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭

Hey,

Wondering if any body has any information on the following:

Cable sizing:
    If sizing a NYMJ is it corrrect to use the PVC/Copper tables or the XLPE/EPR table? Something I have been wondering.
    I was looking at cable spec for NYMJ and it was PVC and PVC outer.

Cable sizing:
    Cable sizing and factoring in Ci (thermal insulation) properties similar to grouping factor and ambient temp factor. Is there a derating table in the regs for thermal insulation as I can not find any? (was it in the old regs?)

10 lights per circuit:
    Is this limit still in the regs? I have not been able to find it but it says it on one of the etci/reci sites. I feel its impracticable if you have a lot of say LED downlights that would be pulling very little.

Thanks

BD

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭tomdempsey200

mymj- i think you'd be using pvc table

thermal insulation -don't think so...just ambient temp here afaik

they have it as a correction factor in the uk alright

10 lights per circuit-thats gone

you still need to fit a number of cccts the installation to prevent widespread blackout in event of trip

Advertisement