Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cherrymore Rite Price Kitchen's

Options
  • 20-08-2013 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Has anyone had any issues with Cherrymore Rite Price Kitchen's recently. :eek:

Bought an oak kitchen recently. Nice kitchen, pity about the fitter they supplied. He fitted presses at different heights, made a mess of the worktop and when he was asked to put it all right he caused more harm than good. So far we have wasted our time trying to get a resolution to the problems. looking like a refund or legal action is the only course of action left. Not completely Rite Price Kitchens fault even though the cabinets were not completely right, the fitter should have seen this and reported back to the shop. On-going now for 3 weeks and still no one has taken our complaints seriously.

Any body with similar experience of them? Any advice....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Did you hire the fitter separately, or through Rite Price?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 weetom

They have 4 fitters that work independently for them. We didn't select the fitter the shop sent him to us. The fitter is paid separately and after 2 months I'm still waiting on him to give me a receipt for the work. When he came the first time to do the repairs that we complained about he never even apologised for his poor work. He said the house wasn't built right even though he had fitted wall units that were off by 10mm across a window. The shop kept insisting he was their "best". On going....

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

OK - if the fitter is employed separately (and paid separately), then your issue is with him, not with Rite Price Kitchens. (though you should also give them feedback on the quality of his work).

Was the value of work done by the fitter under €2,000? If so, then you can consider raising a case against him in the Small Claims Court.

We were charged 300 euro for 12 hrs work. The kitchen supplier insists that we are making too much of it that it cant be as bad as we say even though they haven't seen the poor work done and the damage to the units from his incompetence as a tradesman. Surely as the fitter was supplied by them this is a sign that they can vet for the quality of his work. So far he has not been much of an ambassador for their business nor has their responses to us when we raised the matter. Overall poor customer service from both parties. Both of them are only interested in getting your money.

Just an update on this. Company replaced any cabinets and other bits that we felt were damaged/faulty without a bother. Reason for delay in responding was due to builders holidays and no one was available to come to us. Same fitter came back to do the work and it was completed to our satisfaction. When he took his time and didn't rush the work was to a high standard with no faults. I may have been a bit hard on them in previous posts but it was worked out by them in the end. The kitchen now looks fantastic and was expected. On the back of this Rite Price kitchens will do what they can to give you the best possible kitchen for your money. I would still recommend them to anyone. From what I had looked at before buying their is still the best value for money in Ireland by far.

• Advertisement
Advertisement