Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HearthStone Heroes of Warcraft

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

New cards backs announced
    http://imgur.com/a/UK6m4

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

New cards backs announced
    http://imgur.com/a/UK6m4
    I'm inclined to rather want to keep my current once; I want my opponent to think I'm clueless rather then give away I'm only a level above clueless :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Have blizzard made any noises about what the complete game is going to be like?

Other than a few bugs and presumably some balance tweaks, it feels like the game is the finished article.

There's obviously lots more room for content but is there any actually planned?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I think single player and coop adventure modes? To earn cards as rewards, also card expansions, there will be hundreds more cards etc. Also new heroes and so on. Guess they will keep coming up with stuff, just cant wait until it's native on android. Although I streamed it in 1080p to my phone and it was perfect, a native app would be great though.

What do you guys craft? rares, commons, legendaries, epics?I've not crafted anything yet, saving for legendaries. However something like a faceless manipulator would be good hmm. Even if it's diminished from no good cards to copy in my own deck. I also then thing that that's an epic and I should get that easier than a legendary etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

How do you know what cards you have duplicates of?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

When I started I crafted what were some of the core cards at the time; dark iron dwarf, harvest golem, argent commander etc.
    Now I pretty much save for legendaries with the occasional rare craft if I want to try something new with one of the classes I enjoy.

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    How do you know what cards you have duplicates of?
    If you look at them in the collection book it shows how many you have of each underneath the card.
    You can also use the button in the top right; it will animate when you have too many of any card to use and suggest you dust them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

What do you guys craft? rares, commons, legendaries, epics?I've not crafted anything yet, saving for legendaries. However something like a faceless manipulator would be good hmm. Even if it's diminished from no good cards to copy in my own deck. I also then thing that that's an epic and I should get that easier than a legendary etc.
    Epics and legendaries because all common/rare you should pick up quite easily over time and only epics that you really need (i.e. Kidnapper is a epic but I'd never craft it because it's something never used and for a good reason). As an example; I've probably opened over 400 packs to date yet I've only recieved two epic Windfury Shaman hammers in all those packs and if I wanted to play a epic melee shaman I'd craft one earlier (only got the second in the last 20 packs). I still only have 1 of the buff +1/+1 pally swords I think but I never crafted a second because I only run with 1 in my decks anyway.

This is the Arena deck I built.

oXTOarh.png

What do ye reckon?
    I put it together using this spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AifXEOqTcGcLdFZiVVFwTHhqeWp5OUlFclpneS12Z1E&gid=0
    I'm currently 5 and 2.

It feels a bit front loaded on the minions front and it has very little removal but it's worked ok so far.
    I'd be utterly ****ed if it wasn't for the 3 Argent Protectors.

The first 3 games were all against mages and they all had at least 2 flamestrikes. I was pretty chuffed to beat 2 of them.

• Advertisement

No end game and obviously no board clear at all to combine with equality. In general I'd say you went to heavy on the early game as you're a paladin and can pump out 1/1 minions (which takes on most 1/2 mana cost minions in general). If you had a lot of rush creatures that would make sense; but you only got 2 rush creatures and very limited protection for your opponent from making trades they choose (i.e. no taunt but 3 bubbles). As a general rush deck it may work but I'd be worried about AoE removal and late game obviously.

Secondly the danger of going by a sheet like that is that you don't look at your mana curve; this is something commonly brought up that you may need to "trade down" to get a better over all curve to balance your deck.

Also if you want a complete tier list you have this one from Trump which include all common and is currently being updated with class specific cards as well.

Gbear wrote: »
    This is the Arena deck I built.

What do ye reckon?
    I put it together using this spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AifXEOqTcGcLdFZiVVFwTHhqeWp5OUlFclpneS12Z1E&gid=0
    I'm currently 5 and 2.

It feels a bit front loaded on the minions front and it has very little removal but it's worked ok so far.
    I'd be utterly ****ed if it wasn't for the 3 Argent Protectors.

The first 3 games were all against mages and they all had at least 2 flamestrikes. I was pretty chuffed to beat 2 of them.

I would definitely have thought you would've run into trouble having so many 2 and 1 drops and no real late game but it went 5 wins so it can't be that bad.
    Two specific cards jump out at me though; (obviously I don't know what your other options were) Light's Justice and Bloodsail Corsair are very bad cards.
    The first is just a waste of a card really; you're going to end up taking a lot of damage killing things with it. The second is like a bad ooze; it needs your opponent to have a weapon but it doesn't have useful base stats.

Seifer wrote: »
    Two specific cards jump out at me though; (obviously I don't know what your other options were) Light's Justice and Bloodsail Corsair are very bad cards.
    The first is just a waste of a card really; you're going to end up taking a lot of damage killing things with it. The second is like a bad ooze; it needs your opponent to have a weapon but it doesn't have useful base stats.

I know, but you should've seen the others that were on offer.

I can't remember what they were but they were terrible.

I lost another game so it finished 5 and 3.

That's the joint highest i've finished in Arena and in 4 tries I've still only ever been offered board control cards twice - 1 Avenging wrath (not pictured above) and 1 holy nova with my priest run. Hopefully I'll get 6 flamestrikes next time to make up for it.

Shouldn't take more than max 3 flamestrike, maybe even 2 depending on deck. good idea to throw our arena drafts up here for others to discuss! Must stick some up.

This is good, you can put in all your options for each pick and it gives youa value, I think it also adjusts it on your class and previous picks. But better than that you can share your deck but also the choices you made via a link
    http://www.arenavalue.com/

Actually this updated spreadsheet has all the cards sorted into each class so it's easier to read:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AifXEOqTcGcLdFVvWk1GRjVJTHJUaTVLcGViR1RRTFE&gid=15

I know it's not something you need to follow religiously and need to take mana curve, the cards you've already drawn and the other two options into account but it's handy to have as a rough guide.

I enjoy the Arena a lot more than constructed at the moment.
    Get to use a wider variety of cards and there's something nice about taking some choices out of your hands and just rolling the dice.
    And even fairly poor runs come out roughly even with just buying packs.

I got 65 gold, a pack and 50 dust for 5 wins, so I'm slightly ahead.

Btw if you want a fun, cheap, easy, constructed deck the below is perfect:

Minion
    2x Abusive Sergeant
    2x Argent Squire
    2x Leper Gnome
    2x Argent Protector
    2x Bluegill Warrior
    2x Knife Juggler
    2x Arcane Golem
    2x Wolfrider
    1x Leeroy Jenkins (can be done with Argent instead)

Ability
    2x Blessing of Might
    2x Equality
    2x Divine Favor
    2x Truesilver Champion
    2x Blessing of Kings
    2x Consecration
    1x Avenging Wrath

Aha! So I tried again and got a Mage.

I got the mandatory 2 Flamestrikes.
    I also got 2 Blizzards, 2 Azure Drakes and a Sylvanas.

No excuses this time.:p

aggro warrior turn 5 20 damage overkill too strong :p

WALEF4p.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Nody wrote: »
    Btw if you want a fun, cheap, easy, constructed deck the below is perfect:

Minion
    2x Abusive Sergeant
    2x Argent Squire
    2x Leper Gnome
    2x Argent Protector
    2x Bluegill Warrior
    2x Knife Juggler
    2x Arcane Golem
    2x Wolfrider
    1x Leeroy Jenkins (can be done with Argent instead)

Ability
    2x Blessing of Might
    2x Equality
    2x Divine Favor
    2x Truesilver Champion
    2x Blessing of Kings
    2x Consecration
    1x Avenging Wrath

I've been playing that deck on and off for a couple of months and its decent but it relies on drawing divine favour heavily. If you don't get it in your opening hand or draw it over the next few turns, you are probably going to lose.

You burn all your cards and either win by turn 5 or they have a board clear. If they have a board clear of any kind....which usually they will.....you need the divine favour. So it really is all or nothing.

It's not a bad deck, infact its a decent deck. A few people have hit legendary with it so its possible if you grind enough and are persistent. But there are more consistent aggro decks out there.

Kirby wrote: »
    I've been playing that deck on and off for a couple of months and its decent but it relies on drawing divine favour heavily. If you don't get it in your opening hand or draw it over the next few turns, you are probably going to lose.

You burn all your cards and either win by turn 5 or they have a board clear. If they have a board clear of any kind....which usually they will.....you need the divine favour. So it really is all or nothing.

It's not a bad deck, infact its a decent deck. A few people have hit legendary with it so its possible if you grind enough and are persistent. But there are more consistent aggro decks out there.
    That has not been my experience and I walked into a double board clear a few times and still come out winning; Murloc deck feels more vulnerable then this one. Between divine shields, limiting the number of creatures on board at the right turns and your own board clear I've found it can keep on going usually (esp. as you have avenging wrath to push through those final points of damage if he drops a big taunt on board).

One of the best part of the deck though is the lack of legendaries making it quite cheap (along with Murloc decks :P ) and still deal with end game cards (I took down Alexstrassa the turn after it was played due to equality which I keep for such moments) and cleared a hunter rush board the same way with dual consecrate (the hunter lost 6 critters inc. that 6/5 death rattle savanna lion and it's spawns).

The best part though you don't give away what you're playing until a few turns in and by then your opponent should be in his mid teens and you're in full swing. Even against a mage if you can get some of the argen squire's out you can usually get them to ping shields instead and wasting momentum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

What rank are you playing at though? In my experience with that deck, and I used it a lot to be fair, if you haven't won by turn 5 and you haven't got a divine favour in hand....it's over. Obviously at lower ranks its a little more forgiving but that's what I've found. If he's surviving until turn 9 to play an alexstrasza, that's an indication that the rush has failed.

I had to abandon the deck at around rank 6 last season because it just wasn't consistent enough. Its all based on luck of the draw. It's powerful, but not consistent.

Finally 12 wins in arena, 15th arena since I started recording, previous record 8. Din't think deck was all that but it kept winning.
    Most disgusting play award when they play a sunwalker, I play bloodknight stealing the shield to become 6/6, use auchenai heal to hurt sunwalker, run the auchenai into the sunwalker killing it but leaving auchenai on 1 life, Brewmaster my auchenai into my hand and play ooze to destroy their weapon.

last game they have 2x 8 health taunts, I draw mass dispel, so lucky.

dIIcDHA.png

AY8qalz.png

xzQna0M.png

draft, if anybody wants to point out any **** picks :p
    http://www.arenavalue.com/s/Cdxp8g

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭civilnug

Anyone having problem with it this evening.

Have two out of two games crap out on me in Arena. Both just as I was getting a bit of board control unfortunately.

Waste of 150 gold.

Yeh. Seems like the EU servers are down. Or sortof down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

I had trouble logging into the client and when I did get in, it froze on me in arena but I left the game open until it booted me (instead of manually quitting out) and it didn't record a loss for me. It took about 5 minutes for it to boot me but if it stops a loss getting marked down, it's 5 minutes well spent, imo.

I can't get into Diablo either so maybe it's the whole client having a case of the crazies.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭civilnug

Should have had the patience to wait out the crash and got booted.

Ah well.

what do you think of holy fire? it doesn't seem that great but I always see it in priest decks when the pros run priest. It's like starfire with druid, but you gain 5 life instead of drawing a card, which is even more meh? Wondering why it may be good enough that I always see it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

what do you think of holy fire? it doesn't seem that great but I always see it in priest decks when the pros run priest. It's like starfire with druid, but you gain 5 life instead of drawing a card, which is even more meh? Wondering why it may be good enough that I always see it

I like it, but my priest deck(s) run with alchemist, so can be a useful remover of big minions. Generally as well, I am behind by the time I can cast it, and it can remove a medium minion and heal me up all at once.

• Advertisement

Upcoming nerfs to Pagle and Tinkmaster.

As far as I can tell, Tinkmaster has become utterly useless in the decks he was previously used.

There might some new niche he can exploit but it's a non-runner for me now, as far as I can see.

I'd imagine I'll swap him for a BGH where required.

Advertisement