Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HearthStone Heroes of Warcraft

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Nice to see Krip coming across as the better man there......

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I thought he was funny enough but I can see how loads of people didn't like it, they get on fine and know that they just mess with each other. Sure they had their arms round each other after. For the finals day he wasn't at any of that craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

Play one game of Hearthstone with hundreds of others, all collaborating on moves and plays. http://hearthmind.com/
    It's a bit mental because there are lots of trolls doing things like wasting the Coin and trying to click End Turn at the very start but every five seconds one of the frantic clicks/decisions is accepted by the game and that play is made. Over time, the trolls should start disappearing and maybe it'll get interesting then.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Mr Bloat wrote: »
    Play one game of Hearthstone with hundreds of others, all collaborating on moves and plays. http://hearthmind.com/
    It's a bit mental because there are lots of trolls doing things like wasting the Coin and trying to click End Turn at the very start but every five seconds one of the frantic clicks/decisions is accepted by the game and that play is made. Over time, the trolls should start disappearing and maybe it'll get interesting then.
    Don't count on it if the public play of Pokemon is anything to go by.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I'm not sure has the standard dropped but I've continued my more or less winning streak going from level 21 to 10 only losing 3 games along the way.

I was grinding away between about 15-12 before I stopped playing for a while but since I came back it seems a lot easier.

Has there been a drop off of players or is it just a long lucky streak?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Gbear wrote: »
    I'm not sure has the standard dropped but I've continued my more or less winning streak going from level 21 to 10 only losing 3 games along the way.

I was grinding away between about 15-12 before I stopped playing for a while but since I came back it seems a lot easier.

Has there been a drop off of players or is it just a long lucky streak?
    It could just be due to coming up to the end of a season. Those near the top of the rankings will probably still be hammering away, but those further down may not be.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Yeah they probably gave up until next season. I haven't seen much of the hated handlocks, I hate them guys! So much control warrior, which my priest just loves.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Yeah they probably gave up until next season. I haven't seen much of the hated handlocks, I hate them guys! So much control warrior, which my priest just loves.

Control Warrior will rise if Midrange Hunters become less common on the Meta on that day. Control Warrior is pretty good against Zoo and excellent against Aggro Hunters but they're so hard countered by Midrange Hunter variants that they almost disappeared a few weeks ago when Savannah Highmanes started becoming common as dirt.

It's an interesting deck to play but the current forms pretty much require there to be an abundance of fast aggro decks to make them worth playing. Druid Control can be too much of a coinflip against ramp decks.

Yeah it seems to be one or the other trending for a few hours here and there with a sprinkling of random in between. My priest devours that kind of control matchup it seems. Every rogue I see is terrible, well doesn't get whatever they are trying to do off anyway. I hate those savannah matches, every game is that at parts of any day. Man they are so annoying. That ramp druid that is popular due to gaara now is pretty damn good. Personally found a lot of shamans to be great, rare to play but are tough.

I still haven't succumbed to crafting any hunter deck :p
    Looking forward to this event now for some new cards, new removal for druid etc

Yeah it seems to be one or the other trending for a few hours here and there with a sprinkling of random in between. My priest devours that kind of control matchup it seems. Every rogue I see is terrible, well doesn't get whatever they are trying to do off anyway. I hate those savannah matches, every game is that at parts of any day. Man they are so annoying. That ramp druid that is popular due to gaara now is pretty damn good. Personally found a lot of shamans to be great, rare to play but are tough.

I still haven't succumbed to crafting any hunter deck :p
    Looking forward to this event now for some new cards, new removal for druid etc

Ramp druid's been pretty well known for over a month. The problem with it is its miracle rogue like difficulty in terms of playing it even reasonably. It's not a Zoo-autopilot deck. :P

• Advertisement

Yeah I must give it a whirl, looks incredibly fun. I was looking at amaz try and learn and fail horribly, and then he somehow got lethal with leeroy...and played it against knife juggler when he could have killed it first, didnt go well :p

Yeah I must give it a whirl, looks incredibly fun. I was looking at amaz try and learn and fail horribly, and then he somehow got lethal with leeroy...and played it against knife juggler when he could have killed it first, didnt go well :p

Yeah that Amaz screw-up was special, especially given he had removal for the Knife Juggler in-hand and had just messed up the order (iirc). A bit like me casting silence on my Injured Blademaster yesterday because "0 mana = Circle of Healing, duh." :P

Will have some lols with this pack, almost doubled my legendaries haha

LXbsZ5I.png

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

4 lgendaries in 15 boosters last night :D

Currently playing a Hunter Beast deck. Really enjoying it.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Currently playing a Hunter Beast deck. Really enjoying it.

Go wash your mouth out! :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

nesf wrote: »
    Go wash your mouth out! :P

I'm going through most popular deck archetypes in order to learn how to beat them.

Beginning to realize how crucial the pregame hand mulligan is in this game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I'm going through most popular deck archetypes in order to learn how to beat them.

Esp. with rush decks; you can easily lose or win a game on the first set of cards you draw (and there's nothing more fun then having a zoo hunter who ends up going through their whole deck only to lose :P )

Yeah, it takes most people a long time to realise just how many games they lost before the first turn even began.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Pirate decks are really crap, aren't they? Spent my dust on a Greenskin card to get one and it's just getting mauled, even on my Rogue.

Pirate decks are really crap, aren't they? Spent my dust on a Greenskin card to get one and it's just getting mauled, even on my Rogue.

I got beaten by one a few days ago. To make it worse, it was a rather unusual username which would be shared by someone banned from here a good few years back. :D

• Advertisement

I like the bloodsail raider. a 6-3 or a 4-4 for 2 mana can be handy enough. I have 1 or 2 in my Paladin deck.

Are pirate cards maybe a bit better on their own but have fewer cards directly complementing each other, like Murlocs do?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Are pirate cards maybe a bit better on their own but have fewer cards directly complementing each other, like Murlocs do?

Yeah that's the problem really. They're reliant on having a weapon in hand for buffs/buffing and I think there's only one card that actually buffs other pirates.

If Warlocks had weapons outside of Jarraxus they might see more play. Warriors can bring the weapons but they don't have the card draw to get the pirates they need in hand when they need them and generally would be better off running other cards in their place for most of them.

They are (this is from the top of my head):

You have
    1 mana 1/2 - Charge if weapon (can't kill half of the 1 mana drops even with charge in the first place)
    2 mana 2/3 - + Weapon damage / 0 (good if you play weapons)
    3 mana 3/3 - Effect - Other pirates have +1/+1 (meh)
    5 mana 4/4 - Your weapon gains 1/1 (meh)
    2 mana 1/1 - Summon a pirate card to your hand (for 2 mana and only if you got all other pirate cards, not worth it)

It simply not enough synergy there to build a deck out of it compared to Murloc:

1 mana 1/2 - Gain +1 for every murloc
    1 mana 1/1- Effect - All murlocs are +1/+0
    2 mana 2/1 - Charge
    3 mana 3/3 - Effect - All murlocs 2/+1
    3 mana 3/3 - All murlocs gain 0/+2
    4 mana 2/4 - Charge, +1 damage for every murlock on table

Note I did not include the give two card murloc because you don't want to give your opponent cards but with murlocs you got a very good synergy from start with buffs to damage and health and can easily expand for a rush deck, pirates does not synergies between then in any noticeable way (beyond parrot to summon one card and Captain to buff them) sadly.

Nody wrote: »
    They are (this is from the top of my head):

You have
    1 mana 1/2 - Charge if weapon (can't kill half of the 1 mana drops even with charge in the first place)
    2 mana 2/3 - + Weapon damage / 0 (good if you play weapons)
    3 mana 3/3 - Effect - Other pirates have +1/+1 (meh)
    5 mana 4/4 - Your weapon gains 1/1 (meh)
    2 mana 1/1 - Summon a pirate card to your hand (for 2 mana and only if you got all other pirate cards, not worth it)

It simply not enough synergy there to build a deck out of it compared to Murloc:

1 mana 1/2 - Gain +1 for every murloc
    1 mana 1/1- Effect - All murlocs are +1/+0
    2 mana 2/1 - Charge
    3 mana 3/3 - Effect - All murlocs 2/+1
    3 mana 3/3 - All murlocs gain 0/+2
    4 mana 2/4 - Charge, +1 damage for every murlock on table

Note I did not include the give two card murloc because you don't want to give your opponent cards but with murlocs you got a very good synergy from start with buffs to damage and health and can easily expand for a rush deck, pirates does not synergies between then in any noticeable way (beyond parrot to summon one card and Captain to buff them) sadly.

There's also that Pirate taunter - 3/3 for 4 mana - 1 less mana for each durability/damage (can't remember which) on your weapon.

Is Captain Greenskin not quite good? + 1/1 for your weapon seems quite handy and it would synergise well with a weapon deck and the bloodsail raider, no?
    Also, it's not a 4/4, it's a 5/4.

Is Captain Greenskin not quite good? + 1/1 for your weapon seems quite handy and it would synergise well with a weapon deck and the bloodsail raider, no?
    Also, it's not a 4/4, it's a 5/4.
    Not really; you'd need to have the right weapon out (most weapons would be 1 or 2 durability after all and relatively low damage) and for the mana cost you could pull a Arcanite reaper (5/2) instead as a warrior or a 4/2 sword as a Paladin with one mana to spare. On rare occasions it would be goodish but another weapon usually works better (you're not reliant on having a weapon to buff with another weapon after all) and at 4 health it dies to easily by the time you can drop it reliably (i.e. if I want to buff an Arcanite reaper I'd either already have it in hand and swung once or it is turn 10 or later).

Then there's of course the whole problem with weapons in general (i.e. you're taking damage using them most times) which is why a creature usually is preferable and most decks only run 1 to 3 weapons.

Ah it seems a grand card in rogue, seen them using it, trump etc

YES YESSS
    http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/forum/topic/12673778812#1

Ah it seems a grand card in rogue, seen them using it, trump etc

YES YESSS
    http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/forum/topic/12673778812#1

Hmm, took their time with that one.

Indeed, it was such hell for a lot of decks. Some terrible times when they played both UTH in one turn as well, ewww

• Advertisement

Buzzard + UTH + Timber Wolf was too cheap. 5 mana for 3 x 2/1 Charges and 3 cards with a 3/1 body and a 1/1 buffer? That's too good and going below three minions is hard for most decks that can survive Zoo. That said, 6 mana isn't a bad deal either! The problem isn't UTH really, it's UTH + Buzzard, UTH + Hunter's Mark, UTH + Starving Hyena etc. The mechanic synergises too well with too many cards in the deck whilst making the opponent very hesitant to even play many minions even behind a chunky taunt because of Mark or Kill Command.

I don't think +1 mana fixes a whole lot really but we'll have to wait and see. I don't think it ****s over Midrange Hunter that much and Fast Aggro Hunter has been dying off for a fair bit at the higher levels already.

Advertisement