Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HearthStone Heroes of Warcraft

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

nesf wrote: »
    I don't think +1 mana fixes a whole lot really but we'll have to wait and see. I don't think it ****s over Midrange Hunter that much and Fast Aggro Hunter has been dying off for a fair bit at the higher levels already.
    That's what I was thinking, taming Buzzard or limiting the number of hounds that are summoned would have been a better choice I would have thought.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

They dont want to nerf it too much, I can see how it being one mana more would affect a lot of games I play, where they might not be able to drop a wolf and so on. Also nice for zoo to beat on them faster and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Abominations are so much fun. You play them and you can just see them squirming in their seats doing mental gymnastics in trying to find an efficient way of dealing with it. I've fought 3 hunters in a row and you can just tell they are sitting on their unleash the hounds in total frustration. :P

I like the mechanic so much im actually considering using my Baron Geddon for once.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Kirby wrote: »
    Abominations are so much fun. You play them and you can just see them squirming in their seats doing mental gymnastics in trying to find an efficient way of dealing with it. I've fought 3 hunters in a row and you can just tell they are sitting on their unleash the hounds in total frustration. :P

I like the mechanic so much im actually considering using my Baron Geddon for once.

I absolutely love using that Paladin secret that brings a dead minion back to life with them as well.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Gbear wrote: »
    I absolutely love using that Paladin secret that brings a dead minion back to life with them as well.
    Play it with a shielded minion instead and force them to knock down that shield twice...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

In off to start my priest deck tonight. :-D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Priest is my favourite, especially love the control warrior matchup, it didn't do too bad in that boards tourney as it was quite lucky :D

I opened sylvanas and 2 epics in my pack after the one above, not too shabby, 3 legendaries in 2 packs.

Priest is my favourite, especially love the control warrior matchup, it didn't do too bad in that boards tourney as it was quite lucky :D

I opened sylvanas and 2 epics in my pack after the one above, not too shabby, 3 legendaries in 2 packs.

I got a couple of Crazed Alchemist a while back and it totally transformed how I played Priest.

It didn't necessarily make me any more likely to win but it's stupid amounts of fun.

1h0ntU5.jpg

Earlier in the game I stole grom, and mindcontrolled his ysera... for the sweet laughing sister...and stole his rag....and stole his cairne.

He has 2 cards left in his deck, I copy them to get leeroy and cruel taskmaster. So i know he has grom in hand along with a random card and 50% to draw taskmaster. So I holy fire and decide to copy his last play after he says well played ;) He had 10hp + 2 armour btw

;) He had 10hp + 2 armour btw" alt="Earlier in the game I stole grom, and mindcontrolled his ysera... for the sweet laughing sister...and stole his rag....and stole his cairne. He has 2 cards left in his deck, I copy them to get leeroy and cruel taskmaster. So i know he has grom in hand along with a random card and 50% to draw taskmaster. So I holy fire and decide to copy his last play after he says well played ;) He had 10hp + 2 armour btw" />

Just wonering what decktype is best to run with Priest?

• Advertisement

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I'm no expert, but control seems to make the most sense.

Priest is competitively weak compared to other classes on ladder however you can definitely get to legend with it. It beats a lot of control decks by being an even more control-y deck. You can use thoughtsteal against a control deck for amazing results while also adding cards to your cardpool, giving you a 32 card deck. Strong matchups vs hunter mid range and warrior/druid control decks.

I dont have my decks here at work but this was used in the boards tourney when I didnt have many cards
    LZpbyXL.png

Since then I've added more early and late game.
    Added circle of healing for the 4 mana flamestrike, added injured blade masters for the 3 mana 4/7s. Added wild pyromancers for early board clears with smite, power word shield etc. Add shadow madness and more early drops vs zoo etc. Added two holy fires to kill bigger minions whilst also healing yourself, as you need to last it out as priest.
    Got rid of temple enforcer and argent commanders, argent commanders can be used in place of legendaries, or ventureco mercs + boulderfist ogres. Venture co merc is great in priest ebcause after you play it would have big spells to play and dont care as much about the minion drawback.

Testing out pagle atm and against control he can be devastating. You can get a lot of draw from clerics also.

Good late game would be adding faceless manipulator, cairne, sylvanus, ragnaros.

If you are having trouble early game add taz'dingo + shields up

watch this for a good priest and brilliant entertaining stream
    http://www.twitch.tv/amazhs

Also for pure entertainment, I don't think anything beats Randuin Wrynn.

yeah and they are playing randuin vs randuin atm on amaz stream

Priest is by far the most fun for me, mindgames, thoughsteal, mind vision
    Or as its called...im playing your deck :D

yeah and they are playing randuin vs randuin atm on amaz stream
    heh, just popped on there, 4 Lorewalker's spamming 8 coins to eachother. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

10 coins and a rag on the field. Thats hilarious.

I love my Warlock Giants deck :D

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

I love my Warlock Giants deck :D

I came across a Handlock deck last night running Power Overwhelming and Leeroy.

I had a bewildered look on my face when he won. :P

I came across a Handlock deck last night running Power Overwhelming and Leeroy.

I had a bewildered look on my face when he won. :P

I faced a mirror deck who used that combo PLUS the minion that copies another on the table. 20 damage. Ouchie.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I faced a mirror deck who used that combo PLUS the minion that copies another on the table. 20 damage. Ouchie.
    Faceless manipulator.

Best I've ever pulled off was Leeroy + Blessing of Kings + Blessing of Might x2 (16). The worst I've had pull on me was a Shaman doing over 20 points of damage (curse you shamans and your cheap overload spells!)

Btw; what's people feel about dragging out victories for daily quests? For example now I have the "Play 20 creatures costing 5 mana or more" one. What I'll usually do if I got something like that is if I'm comfortable in my win (and got the creatures in hand) I'll simply slow play the opponent and not kill them (keep on clearing the board but not hit their face) to give me a few turns to play out more creatures before going for the win. Obviously my opponent can always quit out and there's the remote chance of come back but still...

• Advertisement

I dont really bother, by playing normally I complete all the quests fast anyway without thinking of them. Obv have to choose a class if necessary. They can't complain about a chance to come back to be fair!

I love faceless manipulator...this card is you card lallala this card is my card.
    Great combos with it with shadow word death.

I think the favorite card is the alarmo bot :P

I don't understand dragging it out to be honest. Grab one of your control or midrange decks and you'll do that 5 mana quest quickly. Ditto Zoo or whatever for the 3 mana one. I like them, I can pretty much ignore them and mess around with different kinds of decks as per normal.

Handlock vs Handlock is an interesting match.

Handlock vs Handlock is an interesting match.

More interesting is the next mirror where he's running Flame Imps and the Black Knight... I'd love to see what he cut to make room for those, I was seeing all the usual cards.

Something I don't think I'm good at is the use of the coin.

What should you be trying to do with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Gbear wrote: »
    Something I don't think I'm good at is the use of the coin.

What should you be trying to do with it?

The normal ebb and flow of the game is player 2 is always responding to player 1s play. He plays a minion, you play a minion. He kills the minion with a spell, hits you. You kill his minion with a spell. He plays a minion, etc.

In most cases player 1 will have the favorable position, since he can pick his trades better then player 2 can.

The coin can be used early to change the flow of the game and make player 1 become the responder to player 2's actions.

Eg, on turn 2 player 1 has a 3/2 on the board. You coin and play a 3/1 with Divine shield. He hero powers and suicides his minion into it(or doesn't). Next turn you are now playing first and he is now responding. If you can't do this because something goes wrong(eg:earth shock) or you have no early minions( f u RNJesus), then the game is most likely going to snow ball against you.

The normal ebb and flow of the game is player 2 is always responding to player 1s play. He plays a minion, you play a minion. He kills the minion with a spell, hits you. You kill his minion with a spell. He plays a minion, etc.

In most cases player 1 will have the favorable position, since he can pick his trades better then player 2 can.

The coin can be used early to change the flow of the game and make player 1 become the responder to player 2's actions.

Eg, on turn 2 player 1 has a 3/2 on the board. You coin and play a 3/1 with Divine shield. He hero powers and suicides his minion into it(or doesn't). Next turn you are now playing first and he is now responding. If you can't do this because something goes wrong(eg:earth shock) or you have no early minions( f u RNJesus), then the game is most likely going to snow ball against you.

Right so that's the sort of standard thing.

Fairly often, the other player has nothing on turn 1 and the momentum is back with you.

In that situation is it better to sit tight on turn 1 and let him get momentum back or is it always better to get a minion out?

Basically, this occurred to me because I was on turn 1 with an empty board and decided to play Coin + Loot Hoarder but after wasn't really sure whether there was any merit to the play or I was just doing it because I could.

Sometimes it's better to wait and make a move later on, no hard and fast rule I guess. Use it when you feel it is most advantageous in a certain matchup.
    Like saving it for your SI7 or gadgetzan if you are a rogue etc, or playing removal or a bigger minion early. If you ahve two 4 drops you can play your start slowly, and play a yeti turn 3 and 4 etc

• Advertisement

For me it just depends on what the minion is, personally I probably wouldn't use it on a loot hoarder, but getting out something like a Knife Juggler or Harvest Golem a turn earlier can help a lot with momentum.

Advertisement