Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HearthStone Heroes of Warcraft

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

But if you coin'd a harvest golem and have no 3 mana play for enxt turn it's baddd mojo man, so ye gotta think to yourself, how will i use mana efficiently on turn x with these cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Gbear wrote: »

Basically, this occurred to me because I was on turn 1 with an empty board and decided to play Coin + Loot Hoarder but after wasn't really sure whether there was any merit to the play or I was just doing it because I could.

For me and as others have said it depends on your hand. If you have another 2 drop, with a decent 3 then I would consider it. You also have to guess what deck the other player is playing and what their response could be.

You use the coin to try infer a advantage.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Watch some of Trump's videos on Youtube. He often comments if he sees someone making poor use of the coin (the usual is coining out a 3 drop and then having no 3 mana play next turn or just simply coining out a card not worth coining out, e.g. someone coining a hero ability turn one is almost never correct).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Played this for the first time tonight, Priests are assholes. Took me 5 tries to beat the A.I. and I was steamrolling the rest until then.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

ShaneU wrote: »
    Played this for the first time tonight, Priests are assholes. Took me 5 tries to beat the A.I. and I was steamrolling the rest until then.
    Wait until they Mind control your top guy at turn 10 :P

Oh and I ran into a deck I've never seen before; Mage Murloc deck. I like the general idea (Spells allowing direct damage on the player rather then relying on rush creatures who can be blocked by taunt) but the card draw makes me go, hmm (he lost as I was on my control warrior deck at the time)...

• Advertisement

Nody wrote: »
    Wait until they Mind control your top guy at turn 10 :P

Oh and I ran into a deck I've never seen before; Mage Murloc deck. I like the general idea (Spells allowing direct damage on the player rather then relying on rush creatures who can be blocked by taunt) but the card draw makes me go, hmm (he lost as I was on my control warrior deck at the time)...

Murloc isn't even optimal for Warlocks really over Zoo. It's just too much of a coin flip even with that extra card a turn when you need it. Zoo's huge advantage over it is that it's actually rather hard to get a starting 4 cards that you can't make a decent effort from and you can draw your cards in many different orders and still have a decent game. Murloc only has a couple of ways to draw the first eight turns of cards that work. For Mage, without that extra card draw, it makes no sense. Murloc *needs* to get the beatdown on very early or it's in very deep trouble.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

nesf wrote: »
    Murloc isn't even optimal for Warlocks really over Zoo. It's just too much of a coin flip even with that extra card a turn when you need it. Zoo's huge advantage over it is that it's actually rather hard to get a starting 4 cards that you can't make a decent effort from and you can draw your cards in many different orders and still have a decent game. Murloc only has a couple of ways to draw the first eight turns of cards that work. For Mage, without that extra card draw, it makes no sense. Murloc *needs* to get the beatdown on very early or it's in very deep trouble.
    I'd agree; Murloc only really comes in two versions which is win by turn 5 or lose due to mid/end game tempo. Sadly with all the Zoo Hunters in the meta way to many people have gone control to deal with it :(

Control Warrior? What gave it away...

sfb0.png

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Rag rocks; rarely a game winner but even the fear of him tends to force a multicard response from your enemy (and if he's up for another turn and cloned...)

Oh and Nax expansion price rumour is out (500/1000/1500 gold for the second to fourth wing; 3k gold for the wings) and 2000 gold for the Frostwyrm area (so 5k gold total / $54 total). I'm only a bit over 3k gold so far so still a way to go :(

• Advertisement

Oh that was shown ages ago and turned out tp be false, it's a screenshot hosted by a chinese gold boosting company, which says enough.

How are people faring this season? I've hit 3 but since 5 I haven't really been pushing very hard. I don't really have the energy or time to grind out the games to Legend this month I think.

After getting it the first time there is no incentive to me, pointless, much more fun to play arena or mess around with different non-competitive decks. Suppose when i get more cards and have more variety of decks it might be good again.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I managed to get to 9 on the end of season breeze through the ranks.

I just don't play enough to properly go up the ranks - I usually wait 2 or 3 days for a few quests to appear and then play 10-15 games.

If the cost for the expansion is 1000's of gold I'd be surprised if I ever get it. The most I've ever had at once is about 450, and that was from the bonus you get for winning 100 games.

If it was 15 quid I probably would though.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭jackjustjumped

Is there a thread with usernames for adding other people from Boards? Would be cool to play against some of you.

I came across this tonight: https://sites.google.com/site/trumpdecks/frequently-asked-questions

I'm linking every new person I introduce to the game to it from now on. So, so many of the basic CCG ideas are there, explained nice and simply. I think Trump's streams/VODs are why I play so much, after watching a bit of his F2P series I really want to play a few games. :)

jack, there's a list of some of us here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=88878986&postcount=55

Some people may have changed BattleTags, but most are probably the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭jackjustjumped

Cheers, man!

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Stylesclash07

I just started this today I can't beat anyone haha so hard

Keep at it and you will :)

Here is why I play priest

• Registered Users Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭Wossack

<3 amaz' reactions

• Advertisement

Keep at it and you will :)

Here is why I play priest
    There's seriously something wrong with that card; I've had it played against my Warrior deck 4 times and 4/5 it has pulled a 8+ mana card (3 times Alexstrassa, 1x Gromm)...

to be fair thats hugely weighted in favour of getting legendaries compared to other decks. Thats why you always mulligan for thoughtsteal vs warriors.

Nody wrote: »
    There's seriously something wrong with that card; I've had it played against my Warrior deck 4 times and 4/5 it has pulled a 8+ mana card (3 times Alexstrassa, 1x Gromm)...

I've had it give me a Murloc Raider in Arena. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 28 JaffOs

nesf wrote: »
    I've had it give me a Murloc Raider in Arena. :(

I got poision dagger and blade flurry more then once but also got 3 lord jaraxxus in one game but thats what makes priest fun

rogue is the only class where it back fires on me and I don't use it until late, annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

**** yeah!
    VfBzXGl.jpg

After about 150 Arena games and only a handful of runs over 5 wins I draughted a very balanced deck with a rather fetching mana curve.

Got about 350 gold, a golden rare (dusted) and the usual pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Got my third 12 win arena last night. Op deck with Ysera. 450g.

311247.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Just thought I'd throw my ID up if any fellow irish peeps wanna add me :)

Ramza#2993

The game is very fun and addicting, and challenging. I like it. Hit rank 5 at end of last season but not bothered with ranked this season, at 11 and not bothered grinding to legend, though I probably could in the ten days left, it doesn't seem worth it.

Miracle Rogue is cancer and needs a big nerf (non bias, Miracle player right here). It has counters but I think ATM it's the current OP deck. The top ranks are just so boring, it's like pre nerf hunter, every game is vs Rogue, and the mirror match is head wrecking. Naxx will be good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

So accurate :p
    Apart from the Kolento part though, he had no part at all in pioneering this deck or even bringing it mainstream, it was around even in the beta where I believe a player called Apollo first was credited with creating it. Lots of players have since then too. Hyped AFAIK was the first person to really bring it more competitive and mainstream by adding Azure Drakes and other cards. Nerd rant over :o

Advertisement