Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HearthStone Heroes of Warcraft

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Nody wrote: »
    Would you mind posting your list? I need a shaman deck to level up with as my current strong decks are Warlock Mrlgrlgrlgl, Hand/Demon lock combo listed above and Warrior control with a few theme decks for Mill druid, Health Priest, Mid Mage etc. But I got nothing for Shamans :(

Yo, completely missed this! Here's a list I based my one off. I didn't have all the cards, so this is what I'm running

heuqBXx.jpg

Although comparing the two lists, I wouldn't change much of my current build. If I had the whole collection I'd probably sub in a Faceless for a Gnomish Inventor and try to squeeze in Sylvanis (possibly for a fire Ellie?)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Well I've created an alternate version, the Fire Elementals are to slow and no use in resummoning as their battle cry is what's important imo and cut the end game stuff because honestly you don't really need KelThulaz etc. as it's all win more and don't deal with rush decks. Hence the current deck (in trialing) is:
    2x Earth Shock
    2x Lightning bolt
    2x Ancestral Spirit
    1x Reincarnate
    2x Annoy-o-Tron
    2x Powermace
    2x Feral Spirit
    2x Hex
    2x Harvest Golem
    2x Mana Tide Totem (guarantee one card and work as aggro magnet with potential for more cards)
    2x Arcane Nullifier
    2x Piloted Shredder
    1x Antique Healbot
    2x Earth Elemental
    2x Faceless Manipulator
    1x Sylvanas
    1x Sea Giant (between totems, your enemy etc. you can usually get this one out relatively early and it's another great card to cast Ancestral Spirit on or to copy)

In many ways it plays as a aggro rush deck as by turn 6 to 8 you'll either have won or lost :) Ideal game is turn 5, Earth Elemental, turn 6 Ancestral Spirit, turn 7 another one / copy a big critter :P

Only to add I went up against a Crusher deck similar to the above just now and killed it; the sea giant and dual faceless won the game in the end for me (sea giant killed Dr Doom and lived until end of game dishing out face damage).

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Double Mana Tide is insanely greedy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

So after discussing the Druid Mill a bit on here, I decided to build one and have a go myself. Just finished my first game with it there and must say, it is insanely fun in an asshole-ish kind of way: I have never gotten so many Threaten emotes in one game before. As luck would have it, had him burn up Leonidas, Sylvanis, Ragnaros, and Alexstraza. He tried to use Ice Block to tide his decline but killed himself with Fatigue in the following turn anyway. Gonna have fun with this.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

nesf wrote: »
    Double Mana Tide is insanely greedy.
    Yes; but it's also the only source of card draw in the whole deck which if you get into a longer game (which is rare but I did go to fatigue once) makes a difference.

• Advertisement

Yes; but it's also the only source of card draw in the whole deck which if you get into a longer game (which is rare but I did go to fatigue once) makes a difference.

Agreed. I always run double Mana Tide or double Jeeves in Shaman (or one of each sometimes).

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Xyo

been trying to rank up this ladder season and I was trying with a control priest to start off all I came up against was face hunters and zoo locks. So I decided to join in on the fun and got to rank 12 :D.

I think it is really a joke tho that the hunter deck which uses no cards from GvG is so strong.

Yes but drawing both early will lose you games and long games are not the norm right now with the aggro heavy meta.

Just pulled Ghazrilla from only 3 packs. Will have to give him a try soon.

I have him as well, let me know how you get on!

I pulled my first Gold Legendary from a pack recently, just a pack I won for a 4-3 arena...

Bloody Gold Mechgineer Thermaplugg. RNGesus is taunting me for jokingly suggesting he's playable earlier in this thread ;_;

• Advertisement

I've only gotten one, a golden Nostdromo (or however you spell it). :/

I've only gotten one, a golden Nostdromo (or however you spell it). :/
    Do you mean Neptulon? The shaman legendary (I got two common and one gold version of the bastard) or Nozdormu (15s turns dragon)?

I imagine it's Nozdormu? Totally playable in secrets mage with Sluge Belchers (all them seconds waiting for animations to end!)

(pls RNGesus, no Nozdormu)

Why would I complain about a golden Neptulon? :D

Why would I complain about a golden Neptulon? :D
    Because it's a useless card? :P

Turn 7 play; 4 cards you can't play until turn 8 AND they are Murlocs which means you're unlikely to ever see turn 8 :P

It is 1600 dust though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

GodlessM wrote: »
    It is 1600 dust though.

A golden lenegdary that's so bad, you have no remorse about dusting it for any othe Legendary?

Bestcard.

Because it's a useless card? :P

Turn 7 play; 4 cards you can't play until turn 8 AND they are Murlocs which means you're unlikely to ever see turn 8 :P

It's not useless, there's just better big drops. Nozdormu is just a complete troll card. :D

GodlessM wrote: »
    It is 1600 dust though.

Yup. Just the troll factor of the excitement of "GOLDEN LEGENDARY" and then getting Lorewalker Cho or something. :P

Yup. Just the troll factor of the excitement of "GOLDEN LEGENDARY" and then getting Lorewalker Cho or something. :P
    I see potential here; Lore walker Cho, Noz and that new Baron what ever legendary rogue one from GvG that give coins for spells... You'll have your opponent crying in no time :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭the butcher

Booted this back up last few nights now. Played about 5 times last year and didn't quite grasp it. Still getting to grips but it's been fun. Played through the AI and got the Naxxramas adventure and beat the whole normal part of it.

I made a rush Paladin deck played through ranked last night and got 7 out of 8 wins with it, from rank 25 to rank 19 now. Not too shabby due to what I've read Paladin wouldn't be considered a proper rush class? But I'm guessing at this rank people aren't really decent so I'll try it again tonight and see what kind of success it has :)

Aggro-Paladin isn't too common these days. Hunter and Warlock are the main rush decks, along with aggro-Mage.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Sorry diudn't see all the priest questions, anybody want anything in particular? The main thing is to get their legendaries with your thought steals :D

I just opened voljin, he is so damn good.
    I still play the likes of wild pyro and circle combos. Good few early play to get to the late game. shadow madness, pains, 4+ 3 drops etc. added dr boom, voljin, sylvanas, rag, still have 2xmc.

Get everything early you can apart from against druid and warrior, get thoughtsteals then.

Yesterday I got 4 duplicated drboom bombs with mage, so many bombs on board :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Saw this is now available on Android devices, so downloaded the app a few days ago and have played five or six games. Have no intention of ever buying anything; is there any point continuing? I don't need to get particularly good at the game, just don't want to be a guaranteed loser each time I play!

Also, is the player pool shared across Android, iOS and PC, or am I only playing against other Android players?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

ionapaul wrote: »
    Also, is the player pool shared across Android, iOS and PC, or am I only playing against other Android players?

Shared. Personally I don't see the point in new players starting until they add a token system for packs for areas.

New players aren't going to get very far in arena anyways, I think early F2P should just be pack purchasing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Reached 1000 gold there on arena runs/quests not so long ago. Have the last part of Naxxramusausuasmasura (however it's spelt) to unlock but the rewards don't seem that inviting...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

ionapaul wrote: »
    Have no intention of ever buying anything; is there any point continuing?

I haven't bought anything yet either - get your heroes to level 10, play some ranked games and then once you see how some of the mechanics/synergies work, head into the arena. Even going 0/3 might only "cost" you 25 gold over opening a pack - I think getting to play with a much bigger pool of cards is worth it.

I'm playing it as a side game for now, log in, get your daily quest, few ranked games, open a pack/play arena when you can. I probably will get Nax at some point though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

B00MSTICK wrote: »
    I haven't bought anything yet either - get your heroes to level 10, play some ranked games and then once you see how some of the mechanics/synergies work, head into the arena. Even going 0/3 might only "cost" you 25 gold over opening a pack - I think getting to play with a much bigger pool of cards is worth it.

I'm playing it as a side game for now, log in, get your daily quest, few ranked games, open a pack/play arena when you can. I probably will get Nax at some point though.
    I haven't paid for anything (except the 5 euro i put in at the very start, more of a charity payment for such a well made product).

I've Nax near fully unlocked and with gold to spare if i wanted it unlocked.

If you can average 5-7 wins in arena you'll be making good progress :D

• Advertisement

I'm not making good progress ten :D

Advertisement