Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HearthStone Heroes of Warcraft

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭TetraxShard

Finally got 12 wins.

Not shown: Mind Control, double Sea Giant

Was heading for 12-0 until the first Final Boss hit me with Kobold Geomancer -> Flamestrike

The rewards.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

The price of packs has gone up on iOS because of their changes to pricing to match a country's vat rate or something:
    7 packs gone from €8.99 to €9.99
    15 packs from €17.99 to €19.99

I'm not sure what the other packs have gone up by.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Just had the perfect game as Health Priest against a Handlock going second.

Turn 1 to 3 no cards played by either of us. Turn 4 he plays Sand giant; I play Lightspawn. Turn 5 he plays Mountain giant, I play 2x Power Word: Shield, coin, 2x Divine Spirit for a 36/36 Lightspawn and one shot kill him :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

More fun with Health Priest, turn 1 Zombie Chow for me, nothing for my Paladin opponent. Turn 2 Power Word: Shield, he sends out a grunt. Turn 3 Divine Spirit and inner fire hitting him in the face for 10; Paladin coins out Senjin Shieldmasta, silence it and hit Paladin in the face (Paladin down to 8). Paladin pulls a sword and suicide on my Zombie chow at turn 4; Zombie chow OP! :P

First post GvG nerf has arrived:
    Undertaker now reads: Whenever you summon a miion with Deathrattle, gain +1 attack

That makes him waaay less hard to deal with....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Still a good 1 drop, still a decent force multiplier if you're running a lot of deathrattles. I think people will overreact and dump him too quickly but I think the card is still perfectly playable in the right decks. Mainly because there's not that many other ways to build face hunter and zoo currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

nesf wrote: »
    Still a good 1 drop, still a decent force multiplier if you're running a lot of deathrattles. I think people will overreact and dump him too quickly but I think the card is still perfectly playable in the right decks. Mainly because there's not that many other ways to build face hunter and zoo currently.
    Agreed, I actually tested him out a bit last night as both hunter and zoo and he still does allow pretty consistent trade ups. The only real difference now is that the trade up is always 1 for 1, rather than quite often being 2 for 1 previously if played early on.

Blowfish wrote: »
    Agreed, I actually tested him out a bit last night as both hunter and zoo and he still does allow pretty consistent trade ups. The only real difference now is that the trade up is always 1 for 1, rather than quite often being 2 for 1 previously if played early on.

Yeah, no Undertaker providing board control all on its own for Priests anymore. :P

nesf wrote: »
    Honestly I'd consider going for the 1/2 gain +1 every turn robot (micro robot?) instead. Don't need to play another card to go to 2/2 (or 3/2 on your turn for trade up) and gain same effect without any downside short of a turn 9 hand dump attempt or similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

True, I suppose what this might do is change aggro decks to be more likely to be focused on being either deathrattle or mech, rather than being able to be a hybrid of both.

• Advertisement

Nody wrote: »
    Honestly I'd consider going for the 1/2 gain +1 every turn robot (micro robot?) instead. Don't need to play another card to go to 2/2 (or 3/2 on your turn for trade up) and gain same effect without any downside short of a turn 9 hand dump attempt or similar.

It costs 1 more mana. Which makes a big difference. The relative weakness of other 1 drops is one of the reasons why this nerf isn't as crippling as it first looks.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I'm a bad man.

x5Xw94k.jpg?1

I also ended up using kel'thuzad for the first timein this match, he brought a silenced sludge belcher, an ancient of war and a mad bomber back to life on one turn running into his molten giants :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

return of the bad man

bKdhapO.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Installed this the other day. Pretty addictive although I do love my card and board games. Terrible at any arena fights Ive had so. I think I'm 1/10. But Ive got my custom mage deck playing nicely for a beginner. Stacked top heavy with anything that will let me draw extra cards. I have a few low level taunts, two cards that feeze all the enemy minions and 2 that take 4 health off all of them to fire fight the early part while I wait to play my monster cards :D

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

ShooterSF wrote: »
    Installed this the other day. Pretty addictive although I do love my card and board games. Terrible at any arena fights Ive had so. I think I'm 1/10. But Ive got my custom mage deck playing nicely for a beginner. Stacked top heavy with anything that will let me draw extra cards. I have a few low level taunts, two cards that feeze all the enemy minions and 2 that take 4 health off all of them to fire fight the early part while I wait to play my monster cards :D

I recommend Trump for beginners. Playlist of early concepts here. Also in a general beginner deck, Frost Nova isnt worth a spot...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KjtRokhpvM&list=PLvEIxIeBRKSjprrvlbAcbVjzHsnH9PjDX

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Frost Nova isnt worth a spot...
    Frost Nova + Doomsayer says Hi!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Also in a general beginner deck, Frost Nova isnt worth a spot...
    Frost Nova + Doomsayer says Hi!

Selective quoting isn't cool.

Most beginners aren't in a rush to craft a Doomsayer.

Not even all the freeze mage decks run that anymore. People running double blizzard/exploding sheeps instead! But yeah. I said beginner :P

ShooterSF wrote: »

There are worse decks to start with than: http://www.icy-veins.com/hearthstone/basic-mage-deck

Look through the deck lists, try and see what the ideas behind the decks are (very hard to do when you're starting out if you didn't play Magic The Gathering or similar before). If you can get a feel for why a particular card is in a deck then it makes it easier to substitute cards when you don't have them or to alter a deck a bit to suit the current meta (probably one of the most important skills in Hearthstone when you get higher ranked and start meeting a lot of the same kinds of decks over and over).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Well this happened:

c0D7KgXl.png

• Advertisement

2UbBCSx.jpg

:D

thoughtsteal animal companion and roll huffer for lethal against a dirty hunter :p

cNUfH2d.jpg

thoughtsteal animal companion and roll huffer for lethal against a dirty hunter :p
    Well Leoc would have worked as well so 2/3 chance for the dirty priest to win :P

Got an idea for next expansion "feature" so to speak; weather effects. For example you play a "rain" card this then boosts all ice & lightening based spells & creatures while makes fire based spells & creatures deal less damage for a turn etc. Alternatively you could go down the route of having spells/effects having a bigger effect on Mech / normal effect on "normal" cards and less effect on "inanimate" cards (i.e. Stone/Fire Giant, Trees, Dust devil etc.) giving you a very good to great / average to good / very poor to poor result depending on the target of the effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Was winning an Arena game hands down last night. Then UPC gives up the ghost.

Always happens when I'm clear out in front....

Hunters can be bloody annoying; thankfully I was on the right end for once :P

I'm down to 6 health against a Pally who's at 22 (curse them and their heals). Turn 12, empty board except for 1 unbuffed Scavenging Hyena and I have 1 card (Release the hounds) while my opponent has 7. He plays Call for Battle + grunt + Master of Arms so I'm facing down 14 damage next turn. I pull my card and do double release the hounds making sure I don't kill anything with the first one ending up with a 22/12 Hyena for the win :D

I'm quite certain that Paladin was swearing a lot at that moment.

I'm enjoying your custom card names most of all :P

Hey it's early morning; give me a break :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Hey it's early morning; give me a break :D

Custom names? Don't know what you are talking about man.

You wanna see the game I just had though! Turn one ebola lepreachaun, then I innerceptionated an abdominal Snowman and proceeded to own his fairy dragoon. He dropped an Ironbark Owl to silence my leprechaun and played a Acolyte of S&M, but I caught him offguard with a Creeper of the Grove.

And then the dominoes fell like a house of cards. Check Mate.

• Advertisement

tumblr_nhrv69rc6y1rl35vno1_500.gif

Advertisement