Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HearthStone Heroes of Warcraft

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I know but it makes it incredibly tedious, especially on android where you cant do something else in another window while you wait.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

True enough, if you're on a non-multitasking device it could get awful boring! You should craft Nozdormu ;)

Ha, never heard of him, the game needs a Nozdormu mode!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Thargor wrote: »
    Ha, never heard of him, the game needs a Nozdormu mode!
    Hearthstone, best played while cooking! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭Wossack

minor hiccup just now with phone version, and mage hero power - nuking your own abusive sergeant :/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Wossack wrote: »
    minor hiccup just now with phone version, and mage hero power - nuking your own abusive sergeant :/
    Why you play hunter; can never go wrong :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    First plays are often the most important. Chances are your opponent might have Zombie Chow, Knife Juggler or Hero Power turn 2, and they have to try make a read on what you have, how it will trade, how much value those cards might get in the future etc.

Let's be honest though; turn 2 Knife Juggler usually means a dead Knife Juggler. I've always found it better to hold him back a bit.

turn 2 knife juggler into coin, mirror entity :p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

GodlessM wrote: »
    Let's be honest though; turn 2 Knife Juggler usually means a dead Knife Juggler. I've always found it better to hold him back a bit.
    But that's one of their removals gone as well though. Knife juggler is basically a taunt and yes; he's going to bite it rather quickly but rather a 2 mana drop than something more important for him to blow his removal spells on (unless you play something like FD hunter etc. which expects a big trigger turn).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Why are people so slow in this? It's like they're doing it on purpose. Matches take far too long as a result

• Advertisement

Ive basically given up tbh even though I loved it when I was beating the AIs. If they introduce a fast mode where its a 30 or 45 second turn Ill be straight back but its just too tedious as it is now.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

i generally am browsing and watching series while playing, its far too slow a game to do on its own and most the time my decision is simple

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

It's exam season at the moment, so naturally I've just discovered the addictiveness of Hearthstone :P About halfway through getting all the classes to level 10. What should my goals be beyond that? I've been playing on the lower tiers of the ladder and it's a lot of fun. Once I get to 20 though I'll probably stop for now as I don't have the knowledge or the cards to go much further at the moment :pac:

Is it recommendable for newbs to spend money on a few packs or am I better off grinding away for a while to get a feel for the different classes first?

It's exam season at the moment, so naturally I've just discovered the addictiveness of Hearthstone :P About halfway through getting all the classes to level 10. What should my goals be beyond that? I've been playing on the lower tiers of the ladder and it's a lot of fun. Once I get to 20 though I'll probably stop for now as I don't have the knowledge or the cards to go much further at the moment :pac:

Is it recommendable for newbs to spend money on a few packs or am I better off grinding away for a while to get a feel for the different classes first?
    Packs contain random cards for all classes so honestly if you're going to buy packs it's not going to make a difference :)

What about getting Naxxramus or Blackrock adventures? How difficult are they (like would they be beyond me at this point or are they doable with basic cards)?

Each adventure unlocks set cards (Sludge Blecher, Zombie Chow etc.). In each adventure there's 3 modes.

Normal mode where you play through for cards - these are generally interesting rather than hard because they want you to be able to unlock the cards and they're a lot of fun.

Class challenges where you get a premade deck to beat one of the bosses with again and earn a class card. Your collection wont matter as it's a premade deck.

Heroic - generally requires a big collection although there are decks on the likes of hearthpwn that claim to be able to finish the bosses with low cost decks but it's still gonna be a grind. This doesn't matter though, because all Heroic does it unlock a card back when you finish the whole thing. I've never bothered.

If you're going to put real world money into the game, defo buy Naxx first, and then BRM because you know you're going to get some really quality cards and the gold for entry to these is pretty huge. Then, if you spend that much, and you feel like burning more, buy 40 classic packs.

Nah don't wanna sink a huge amount of money in this game yet :pac: Might pick up Naxxramus next week and keep chipping away on the ladder in the meantime. Cheers :)

Fun fact of the day; if you get your Staleg and Feugen killed on the same turn at the same time you get two Thaddius :)

Nody wrote: »
    Fun fact of the day; if you get your Staleg and Feugen killed on the same turn at the same time you get two Thaddius :)

Yup. I had the joy of figuring this out with Baron Rivendare in play :rolleyes:

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Downloaded this on my tablet to have something to pass the time while I was home last weekend, surprised at how addictive it is.

Have two characters at level 20 now. What's the deal with the gold cards exactly? I've had two drop so far I think but they just seem to be regular cards but prettier looking?

• Advertisement

bingo..! pretty much like foil cards in other collectible card games afaik

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Wossack wrote: »
    bingo..! pretty much like foil cards in other collectible card games afaik

Ah right I get you, not really played these types of games before. At first I thought the gold meant Legendary but then I got another that was the same as one of the bog standard mage cards.

yea, you unlock class cards up to level 20. And then from 20, you start to unlock gold versions of those same class cards (I think, sorry I dont play as much as I used to)

Theres a little gem on the face of the cards that will indicate their rarity - the unlockable class cards have no gem, commons have a clear one. Uncommon are blue, rares purple, legends are gold/yellow. Legends have a dragon graphic around their portrait (similar to the elite mob indicator from WoW, if you played)

Their rarity shows how commonly you'll find them in packs, and how much dust it both costs to create, and how much you get when you convert to dust

again all from memory, apologies if I steer you wrong..!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 gmogames

Actually,

White = Common
    Blue = Rare
    Purple = Epic
    Orange = Legendary

And Gold are just cool looking cards with animation instead of a static image, but no difference in what it does. There are people that like building a gold collection, since I don't care, I usually disenchant them to get a lot of dust and craft other cards that I need.

I wouldn't really be bothered with the golds in they're just aesthetic so, what can I do with dust?

When you tap to see your collection, you can see a button called Crafting. That will show all the cards available in hearthstone. The ones you don't have will be faded out.
    When you tap on it, you can craft using your dust.

So If you want to craft a legendary card (non-gold) you will need 1600 dust. Epics require 400 dust, Rares 100 dust and common 50 dust.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Small correction, common is 40 to craft, cheap as chips.
    You can also destroy your cards for dust but you get much less in return.

Small correction, common is 40 to craft, cheap as chips.
    You can also destroy your cards for dust but you get much less in return.

Yes, that is right. for example, crafting a legendary cost you 1600 dust, but if if destroy a legendary (disenchant) you only get 400 dust back.

The best thing is when you get Golden Legendary, because you can disenchant for 1600 dust. So if you get a bad golden legendary, you can disenchant and craft any other legendary you want.

You get 50 dust back when you dust a gold common, that's probably what you're thinking of :)

• Advertisement

For anyone interested in the upcoming Fireside Gatherings in Ireland, we will be hosting one at BroCon July 10-12, one of the last in the cycle I believe. Details can be found at the below, and I do hope to see some of you there:

http://brocon.info/come-in-and-shut-the-door-its-cold-outside/

Also, loving Dragon Priest at the moment.

Advertisement