Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HearthStone Heroes of Warcraft

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I'm finding the endless stream of aggro face punch on ladder frustrating....even when I win. We are years into the game now and even after added a ton of anti aggro cards, its still the most efficient way to play. Changing how ranked works would help I feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Only started playing this myself recently but since it seems Paddy doesn't frequent Boards anymore I'll plug for him.

One of my old mates, Paddy, is a legend on Hearthstone. Spend a lot of time talking to him in-game and he's a really helpful guy to boot. Fun stream and he's doing it often! One of the highest ranked Irish players I imagine. Stream link HERE.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Tavern Brawl

Sounds like it could be a lot of fun. Also good to see them adding to the game in a way that isn't just more cards.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

New heroes! Awesome :D So now each class will have more than one hero to choose from? But the Hero Power and class cards don't change. So... what's the point of a new hero..?

I'm very curious to see what the whole Tavern Brawl thing is about too. Should be good fun :D

New heroes! Awesome :D So now each class will have more than one hero to choose from? But the Hero Power and class cards don't change. So... what's the point of a new hero..?

You kind of answered your own question ;)

At 10 euro a pop they're for the whales to buy to keep the game free for the rest of us.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

My main problem is the price to be honest; if it was a fiver or less I'd probably buy them all on day 1 but at almost 10 EUR for some emotes? Nah I'll wait instead.

Considering literally everything else in the game can be bought for gold, it seems pretty money-grabby on Blizzard's part to charge $10 for a sprite change, essentially. Maybe their free-to-play model is a little *too* good? :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I think the new heroes are an absolute joke at that price. I think they missed a serious beat by not giving one free with the purchase of a 15 x booster pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Just picked this up for android and loving it.
    I have no idea what what I'm doing yet though.

It's perfect for a 30 minute blast

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Reality_Check1

I have the rest of this month off. I will try one time to hit legend and tick it off the bucket list :p

• Advertisement

Just watched this now, has no right to be as funny as it is :pac:

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Here's the real info you guys need

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

This is a pretty awesome easter egg:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

This Tavern Brawl mode is hella frustrating. I don't know why I constantly start with far fewer mana crystals.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

This Tavern Brawl mode is hella frustrating. I don't know why I constantly start with far fewer mana crystals.

If you start with Dragon-what's-his-face you get 6 mana crystals right away.
    You were probably starting with Fire-head who only gets 2.*

(*Apologies for my rubbish name recollection)

Spot the warcraft virgin. :p

Nefarian and Ragnaros. Two of the most iconic characters in warcraft.

It's actually not balanced well. They didnt do enough testing. Nefarian has nearly a 2-1 win ratio against Rag. He's just easier to play. Most people just auto concede when they get Rag. Its disappointing.

I played my first 6 games in a row with that delightful Ragnaros fellow and lost the first 5. Won one against a poor player and since then, I've got Nefarian three times in a row and won all three. I felt bad destroying them. On paper, the mode sounded really interesting, but it'll hopefully get balanced properly.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I played my first 6 games in a row with that delightful Ragnaros fellow and lost the first 5. Won one against a poor player and since then, I've got Nefarian three times in a row and won all three. I felt bad destroying them. On paper, the mode sounded really interesting, but it'll hopefully get balanced properly.
    Well it's not suppose to be balanced properly; that's the whole point but I think Rag has a bit to much of a disadvantage (i.e. fire imp, fire elemental; the hero power require you to lose your weapon to get a proper one etc. and other "normal" cards are way out of whack compared to the special once such as 6/6 with taunt for 2 mana etc.). So far I'm 2/4; same as everyone else with losing on Rag and winning with Nef but I did see some streamers winning with Rag.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I've played two games, one with each, and I've one both, though the Rag was a much harder win

Yeah its pretty unbalanced that nefarian starts with 5 mana and rag always gets 0 and the coin. That said, I've won one match with each so can't complain too much.

Hope next week's brawl is a bit better, feeling kinda Meh about this one

• Advertisement

Hope next week's brawl is a bit better, feeling kinda Meh about this one
    I'm hoping for them to implement some deck building into it; for example only allowed creatures with even health and spells costing odd mana and similar to put you to the test. I'm also curious to how much gold it will cost going forward (i.e. if it's 150 gold you'd need to make a pack mandatory; if it's 25g it's nice to do but not something you'd do outside a few games if you can't win gold/cards from it etc.).

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Personally love this one, it's not just about the winning for me. Also much prefer being rag because its harder and you have to do everything right to win. Often jsut find nefarian too easy cos most people are too bad with rag.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

Ragnaros is a crazy slow starter, I did manage to win my first game on him rather funnily, I spent the whole game getting paddled, but his hero power is insane once it starts doing the 8 damage after you use your weapon charges. I had a few brawls and flame strikes which let me keep the board clear at the instrumental time. To be honest though hes just not as fun, once side has 5 mana and card draw from the get go, the other has to try and weather the beating. Still though its a good laugh and Im sure they will tweak the fights to be fun for both sides.

I have to admit I was wrong. It took me a while to get to used to Ragnaros but Im getting much more wins now. It was just frustrating how I somehow played him 90% of the time and never having played anything like it before. Looking forward to more challenges.

Playing as Rag without coin and enemy pulls two MC... Yea, table flipping time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

Gotta agree. Steamrolling with Nef felt easy.

After playing about 15-ish rounds of it I think it's fairly underwhelming. The balance is just bizarre between the two heroes and it's just not very interesting.

I look forward to the brawls where you can build your own decks with fun constraints; should at least feel a little more involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 gmogames

I've played 10 times, 6 times I got Ragnaros and 4 times Nefarian. I won all 10 matches, but I prefer playing Ragnaros.

It has a slow start, the strategy here is to survive until you have about 6 mana and use your weapon every turn so you get the 8 damage hero power. In all my Rag matches, I came down to between 10 and 7 health and controlled the board for the win.

At the beginning, mulligan for the taunts and board control. Since Nefarian starts with loads of mana, he will usually put a lot of stuff out, the more he puts out at the beginning, the better for you, as you always have late game advantage.

So, try to survive and board control with Rag.

Cheers

gmogames wrote: »
    I've played 10 times, 6 times I got Ragnaros and 4 times Nefarian. I won all 10 matches, but I prefer playing Ragnaros.

It's been widely achnowledged by both the community at large, and more important the best players that its not balanced. If you play Nefarion correctly, you will win 99% of your matches because he has a better deck and a better hero power.

It's possible to win as Rag ofcourse but it relies on your opponent being awful, or getting super unlucky with their draw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 gmogames

Kirby wrote: »
    It's been widely achnowledged by both the community at large, and more important the best players that its not balanced. If you play Nefarion correctly, you will win 99% of your matches because he has a better deck and a better hero power.

It's possible to win as Rag ofcourse but it relies on your opponent being awful, or getting super unlucky with their draw.

Well I guess thats what Blizzard wants, people discussing, agreeing or disagreeing, but ultimately, talking about the new game and playing it.

I can only attest to my own experience, and thats what I wrote in my last post.

Cheers!

Advertisement