Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HearthStone Heroes of Warcraft

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

Thing is nef and ragnaros are gone, it will probably be a different brawl next week, probably with similar issues. Ultimately its for a laugh and to try and generate more of the ludicris situations that people enjoy with hearthstone.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Reality_Check1

Rank 3 with 3 stars. Half way to legend! 1 time please dealer

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

gmogames wrote: »
    Well I guess thats what Blizzard wants, people discussing, agreeing or disagreeing, but ultimately, talking about the new game and playing it.

I can only attest to my own experience, and thats what I wrote in my last post.

Cheers!

I'm willing to bet next week will have some form of deck input or deck building mechanic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Started playing this on Monday, (bit late I know), and I'm a Warcraft virgin but jesus I'm hooked already. This is terrible news for my wallet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

Started playing this on Monday, (bit late I know), and I'm a Warcraft virgin but jesus I'm hooked already. This is terrible news for my wallet.

It doesn't have to be. Especially early on.

• Advertisement

GodlessM wrote: »
    It doesn't have to be. Especially early on.

It's already too late, I've spent like €70 :o

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Anyone tried this weeks brawl yet? I'm loving it! I reckon mill deck would be incredibly effective against it but I don't have the right cards to try it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Anyone tried this weeks brawl yet? I'm loving it! I reckon mill deck would be incredibly effective against it but I don't have the right cards to try it :pac:

Copied my patron warrior deck in, won first game, got pack; not much desire to play more.
    It's just like a normal game with some extra RNG sprinkled on top.

Yeah I played to get the free pack, but really It's just annoying more than anything else. Anyone know If It's worth stacking up a few wins for prizes?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Yeah I played to get the free pack, but really It's just annoying more than anything else. Anyone know If It's worth stacking up a few wins for prizes?

As far as I know only your first win counts and everything else is just for fun

• Advertisement

As far as I know only your first win counts and everything else is just for fun

Wow, that's a bit sh1te Isn't It? Do you get a free pack everytime a new one starts and you win?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Wow, that's a bit sh1te Isn't It? Do you get a free pack everytime a new one starts and you win?

It's the most generous they've been with packs to be honest. They said for the first few there will be a free pack; who knows after that.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I don't really like this one, it's ok but not enough to keep my interest.

I don't really like this one, it's ok but not enough to keep my interest.

What have some of the others consisted of?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

There was jsut one before this, the premade decks and heroes, nefarian and ragnaros. They had custom cards and hero powers. Nefarian had a hero power to get any spell in the game and it would cost 0 mana to cast, which was cool. ragnaros's hero power summoned a 5/1 magma rager and when his weapon got destroyed his hero power dealt 8 damage to a random enemy. Nefarian started out with more mana than ragnaros while rag had better value cards. it was quite fun.

There was jsut one before this, the premade decks and heroes, nefarian and ragnaros. They had custom cards and hero powers. Nefarian had a hero power to get any spell in the game and it would cost 0 mana to cast, which was cool. ragnaros's hero power summoned a 5/1 magma rager and when his weapon got destroyed his hero power dealt 8 damage to a random enemy. Nefarian started out with more mana than ragnaros while rag had better value cards. it was quite fun.

Ah sounds interesting, a lot more interesting than bananas. I read a few people complaining about one of them heroes being overpowered actually.

Yeah people were complaining because it was easier to win with nefarian but that made it much more satisfying to win with ragnaros. Didn't find it too hard to win as rag anyway but for new poeple it would have been difficult.

Yeah people were complaining because it was easier to win with nefarian but that made it much more satisfying to win with ragnaros. Didn't find it too hard to win as rag anyway but for new poeple it would have been difficult.

I see, so It will be a looong time before the brawl is changed again? I'm finding the Arena quite tough, I main Mage and never get the option of mage when building decks so I'm at a bit of a disadvantage constructed decks and running them with heroes I don't fully understand.

It changes every week or so I think. Arena will eb a good way for you to see all the cards you dont have so keep at it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Seifer wrote: »
    It's the most generous they've been with packs to be honest. They said for the first few there will be a free pack; who knows after that.
    After that I'd expect it to cost let's say 110 gold or similar (not arena price as Arena gives you additional rewards but more than a base pack) and reward a classic pack every time.

• Advertisement

Struggling to make a mage deck, at the start of the day yesterday I had a mage deck that I was happy with, It didn't have any legendarys except Onyxia but it was consistent and had a great win rate. I spent €30 on boosters yesterday and crafted 2 Ice Blocks Archmage Anton and a few other great mage cards, however, now I can't get my deck right, I keep losing and I can't get consistency. So annoying.

In other news, just found out that work owes me €152 from last year and they are transferring it today, which means I'll have it tomorrow and because It's money I didn't have and wasn't expecting It's all going on Hearthstone...which means 60 of each booster and Blackrock Mountain :eek: Very excited.

"Archmage Anton" Love it :D

Struggling to make a mage deck, at the start of the day yesterday I had a mage deck that I was happy with, It didn't have any legendarys except Onyxia but it was consistent and had a great win rate.

Just gets harder to win as you rank up because you are playing against better players / decks?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 gmogames

Just gets harder to win as you rank up because you are playing against better players / decks?

Yes. I had a lot of problems in the beginning, because I didn't have a very full set of cards, so when playing I got players with lots of legendaries, giants, big epic cards, and my average deck never won.

After playing a lot and spending about 50 bucks on decks and in the naxxramas and blackrock, I do have now a good set of cards, I was able to craft a lot. But even so, there are a lot of players with better cards then you.

So the trick is to actually build your deck to be a strong one but also thinking about the current cards being used be the better players.
    Like Dr. Boom, this is a card I don't have, but everyone seem to use it, so just make sure you have a counter attack card for it.

Cheers

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Crafted two gold Annoy-o-trons.

Because Annoy-o-tron.

Believe it or not Im actually seeing less and less players use Dr. Boom at the top ranks (disclaimer - im only rank 2 but am matched against legendary players frequently). The reasoning I think is that the meta is so aggro that having Dr. Boom in your deck as the only target for BGH is a throwaway card.

After awhile the cards dont matter as most people will be running different variants of similar decks. Its my optimisitic opinion that you will win 40% no matter what, lose 40% and the remaining 20 will be made up of skill. try to think 2 turns ahead and try to put yourself in the opponents shoes 2 turns ahead. Its a bit random at the lower ranks because decks can have anything but after awhile you start to see patterns

2 days to defeat the final boss :P

sQpXHti.png

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Btw if you want to see creative deck building I strongly recommend look up the Challenestone tournaments (number two runs the finals today); first one required all creatures to be odd attack (or mana, I can't recall), all spells to be even mana with 3 different decks on 3 different heroes. For the second tournament they run a true Highlander; 1 class, 3 decks and you are only allowed to use one card in one of the three decks (so you need to use 90 different cards).

So, I spent that 150 from work on Hearthstone on Saturday. Got 5 legends including a gold milhouse, sold em all for Dust! I got 3700 dust from the automatic duplicate removal and needless to say I went and created Alexstrasza,Malygos,DR Boom,Emp Thaur,Sylvanas etc. :D

Now I've got 9 different mage decks that I am very happy with :) cleared Naxx and Blackrock, Brawl is crap this week, have a terrible priest deck in arena so nothing to do really other than casual and wait for the new season to start. If anyone wants to add me and test their decks against any mage decks or just have the craic It's "BobCarcass".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

So, I spent that 150 from work on Hearthstone on Saturday. Got 5 legends including a gold milhouse, sold em all for Dust! I got 3700 dust from the automatic duplicate removal and needless to say I went and created Alexstrasza,Malygos,DR Boom,Emp Thaur,Sylvanas etc. :D

Now I've got 9 different mage decks that I am very happy with :) cleared Naxx and Blackrock, Brawl is crap this week, have a terrible priest deck in arena so nothing to do really other than casual and wait for the new season to start. If anyone wants to add me and test their decks against any mage decks or just have the craic It's "BobCarcass".

Hate to tell you, but you get Thaurissan just from playing black rock, so that's probably 1600 wasted dust.

Advertisement