Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HearthStone Heroes of Warcraft

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

GodlessM wrote: »
    Hate to tell you, but you get Thaurissan just from playing black rock, so that's probably 1600 wasted dust.

I didn't buy him then. I just know I have him and I completed Blackrock so mystery solved.

Edit: It's not even possible to craft a minion that you get from the DLC's

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

I didn't buy him then. I just know I have him and I completed Blackrock so mystery solved.

Edit: It's not even possible to craft a minion that you get from the DLC's

Good to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Reality_Check1

got to 4 stars in rank 1 but couldnt crack legend. ah well we can try again this month

Finished off a daily quest this morning and managed to open a golden legendary that I already own! I had 1600 dust saved already so now I've 3200 burning a hole in the virtual wallet. At the moment I think I have most of the cards I want so I might just hoard it. Some options outside of that include 2 ancient of lores, baron geddon and mal gains. For tournament play the 2 ancient of lores need to be a priority.

On that note is anyone going to or playing in g series lan in dublin on July 25th and 26th

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Finished off a daily quest this morning and managed to open a golden legendary that I already own! I had 1600 dust saved already so now I've 3200 burning a hole in the virtual wallet. At the moment I think I have most of the cards I want so I might just hoard it. Some options outside of that include 2 ancient of lores, baron geddon and mal gains. For tournament play the 2 ancient of lores need to be a priority.

On that note is anyone going to or playing in g series lan in dublin on July 25th and 26th
    Geddon is quite limited in it's use (esp. with Patron warriors around) and Mal Ganis is nice but not "required" (to many BGHs) so to speak. Personally I'm working away towards my all Golden Murloc deck (still has to take Rogue & Paladin to 56 or something :/ ).

• Advertisement

Can anyone spot the lethal here. Im playing as a midrange Palladin vs a patron warrior. He has just unleashed a full combo putting me down to 4 HP so I need to find a lethal on this turn. He is on 6 HP with no armor.

On his side of the board he has:

4 patron warriors, 1 with 5 attack and 2 health and the rest with 3 attack and 2 health.

1 warsong commander 1atk and 1 health

2 frothing beserkers 1 with 4 atk 4 health and the other is a 2atk 4 health.

My side of the board is Empty! I have 8 mana

In my hand I have.

Zombie Chow (1 mana)
    Shielded Minibot (2 mana)
    Knife Jugler (2 mana)
    Aldor Peacekeeper (3 mana)
    Harison Jones (5 mana)
    Antique Heal Bot (5 mana)
    Faceless Manipulator (5 mana)

Easy. Use Manipulator to cop Warsong, then Juggler, Shieldbot, Zombie. Overkill.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭Wossack

faceless his warsong
    then knife juggler, and zombie chow, and hope for the knife? unlikely however..

must be better thought, right?

GodlessM wrote: »
    Easy. Use Manipulator to cop Warsong, then Juggler, Shieldbot, Zombie. Overkill.

gief 10 mana

• Registered Users Posts: 39 gmogames

Yep @Wossack is correct.

Faceless his Warsong, Juggler and Zombie, hope for the knife to hit face

• Advertisement

nope there is a 100% way to do it without relying on the knife to hit face

Hrm! Toughie.. can only see combos relying on the juggles.. Juggle, chow, faceless the 5atk patron (assuming he has charge)

Stumped! Well done on spotting it yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Knife juggler, zombie chow then faceless the berserker that is either now on 4 (both knives face), 5 (one knife face) or 6 attack and has charge.

Seifer wrote: »
    Knife juggler, zombie chow then faceless the berserker that is either now on 4 (both knives face), 5 (one knife face) or 6 attack and has charge.

yup this is the answer well done :)

to guarantee lethal you need to play the juggler first and the faceless last

yup this is the answer well done :)

to guarantee lethal you need to play the juggler first and the faceless last

How can you guarantee lethal if the oppenent has 7 minions on the board. It's a gamble with the knifes, the same as doing Warsong + Juggler + Zombie

OH Ok, you're considering the Berserker has charge and if knifes hits minion, it will get buffed. got it

Wossack wrote: »
    gief 10 mana

Right, missed the bit about it being only 8.

Just a reminder to folks that the BroCon Hearthstone Fireside Gathering is on this Saturday July 11th in UL PESS building. Details can be found here:

http://brocon.info/gaming-at-brocon/lan/

If you are checking it out why not check out the rest of the con as well; there is a little bit of something from everybody.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Started playing this last night. At first i thought it was kiddish but have really gotten into it now. But i have to ask is it pay to win? I see alot of newish players in ranked mode with great cards that wipe me out

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    Started playing this last night. At first i thought it was kiddish but have really gotten into it now. But i have to ask is it pay to win? I see alot of newish players in ranked mode with great cards that wipe me out
    You can buy everything short of character portraits with gold inc. packs and there are plenty of people who've gone to legendary with F2P decks that is not spent a cent beyond the gold they earned in game.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I haven't put any money into it yet and don't feel at a huge disadvantage, you can easily get a card pack a day without paying any money if you do the challenges. Mind you I don't play it religously and the highest rank I've managed is 19, I've still managed to get a few epic and one legendary card so far though.

Decent guide to getting started: https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/1ua5c9/hearthstone_for_beginners_guide_and_resource/

Btw, would a few folks on here care to add me? I see one of the challenges at the moment is to spectate someone on your friend's list winning a match and you get a card pack for it. Username is the same as here :)

Of course It Is pay to win. Every free to play MMO is pay to win unfortunately. It Is not pay to have fun tho. It also isn't a game where you can't cut It without paying, It's a fairly complex game with a lot of possibilities, right now you are new to the game, safe to say you're not 100% sure how to play It, what classes are good for what, what cards are good, what types of decks there are etc etc.

So It will seem unfair to you but even with the best cards new players will struggle. There is a quest everyday for 40-60 gold and after 3 wins you get 10 gold, so If you play If for an hour or two a day you could be buying a pack a day. After 2 months that's 60 packs. Which is €45 or something. I'd say most people that "Pay to win" pay something like this and then pay no more.

So I wouldn't let it discourage you from playing as It Is a very fun game and after time you will have strong cards and strong decks that will allow you to compete at high levels. Tavern Brawl also grants you a free booster each week and the arena is quite fun and everyone is on a level playing field in arena with some good prizes up for grabs.

So It Is Pay To Win or If you put enough time in and are patient then you can get win without paying Is what I was trying to say :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Of course It Is pay to win. Every free to play MMO is pay to win unfortunately. It Is not pay to have fun tho. It also isn't a game where you can't cut It without paying, It's a fairly complex game with a lot of possibilities, right now you are new to the game, safe to say you're not 100% sure how to play It, what classes are good for what, what cards are good, what types of decks there are etc etc.

Hearthstone isn't an MMO nor is it pay to win. It's pay to speed things up. I've played since beta and haven't spent a cent. Have Naxx, Blackrock about 6000 dust and the decks I currently want to play with.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Btw, would a few folks on here care to add me? I see one of the challenges at the moment is to spectate someone on your friend's list winning a match and you get a card pack for it. Username is the same as here :)
    Nody#2214

Seifer wrote: »
    Hearthstone isn't an MMO nor is it pay to win. It's pay to speed things up. I've played since beta and haven't spent a cent. Have Naxx, Blackrock about 6000 dust and the decks I currently want to play with.

Em yes? yes It Is.

Is that not essentially what I said In my post? "Time and patience and you can compete?"

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Nody wrote: »
    Nody#2214

Didn't realise you need the number too, will add you when i get home this evening and stick mine up then.

Mickeroo#2651 is my username, so add away folks. :)

I put mine up awhile back and forgot to put in the number BobCarcass#2669

Man, the ladder can be just unforgiving. I was rank 12 yesterday, today I'm rank 14 with like 1 star.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Finally gave up and uninstalled this, its just too tedious waiting for the other twat, Im convinced at least 50-60% of players you meet have it as their policy to wait out the clock no matter what they're doing even if they only have one possible card to play, absolutely headwrecking way to ruin a great game, why cant Blizzard introduce a rapid mode?

Advertisement