Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HearthStone Heroes of Warcraft

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Thargor wrote: »
    Finally gave up and uninstalled this, its just too tedious waiting for the other twat, Im convinced at least 50-60% of players you meet have it as their policy to wait out the clock no matter what they're doing even if they only have one possible card to play, absolutely headwrecking way to ruin a great game, why cant Blizzard introduce a rapid mode?

That's a shame, I never have this problem. I assume It's just people trying to get you to quit so they'll win. Although there are an awful lot of slow players out there as It Is quite a strategic game.

Add a few friends or something that are fast players and you might enjoy It more, If you decide to reinstall It.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Reality_Check1

Finally gave up and uninstalled this, its just too tedious waiting for the other twat, Im convinced at least 50-60% of players you meet have it as their policy to wait out the clock no matter what they're doing even if they only have one possible card to play, absolutely headwrecking way to ruin a great game, why cant Blizzard introduce a rapid mode?

play face hunter and alt tab when its not you're turn

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I do other things while I play, set it in window mode! Far too slow a game otherwise, I could easily play 4+ games at once :p

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

I usually play on my phone while watching something else as the slow players are really infuriating! Especially if they're obviously losing so you don't wanna forfeit the match either and you gotta wait out each agonising turn with their one card in hand.

I seriously need help. I can't move from rank 14-13 It's like I'm destined to be there forever, I go on a run and to rank 13 with 4 stars then lose 3 or 4 and I'm back at rank 14 with 1 star. Maybe I'm just sh1te.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I seriously need help. I can't move from rank 14-13 It's like I'm destined to be there forever, I go on a run and to rank 13 with 4 stars then lose 3 or 4 and I'm back at rank 14 with 1 star. Maybe I'm just sh1te.

You might have just hit a wall with your cards? I'm kind of in the same boat at rank 19. Perpetually winning a few games in a row to get to 19 then always lose a few to go back to 20.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    You might have just hit a wall with your cards? I'm kind of in the same boat at rank 19. Perpetually winning a few games in a row to get to 19 then always lose a few to go back to 20.

I have every card for my Mage class and there are no commons or legendary's that I need or that would improve my deck. I think I'm a decent player like I don't make many obvious mistakes but once I hit 4 stars on 13 I'm guaranteed to lose my next few games! :mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I have every card for my Mage class and there are no commons or legendary's that I need or that would improve my deck. I think I'm a decent player like I don't make many obvious mistakes but once I hit 4 stars on 13 I'm guaranteed to lose my next few games! :mad:
    Well most likely your deck has run to it's limit; try one of these decks instead and read how to play them before going into the game (it's listed for what to mulligan etc.):

Nody wrote: »
    Well most likely your deck has run to it's limit; try one of these decks instead and read how to play them before going into the game (it's listed for what to mulligan etc.):

Some of the decks I use are taken from websites like these which have reached legend before which is y I can't understand my problems, that dragon one looks particularly interesting tho thanks.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Some of the decks I use are taken from websites like these which have reached legend before which is y I can't understand my problems, that dragon one looks particularly interesting tho thanks.
    Because meta is different on NA and EU and can even change in literally speaking days. For example face hunter gets popular you'll see the counter to it pop up which will trigger a counter to the counter etc. It's also very streaky at times; I have a top tier warrior deck which I'm very comfortable with but I can easily go 7 losses or 7 wins on it depending on the draw & opponent (i.e. my opponent top decking the perfect card four times in a row while I draw garbage). Overall though it's how well you know your deck and how well it fits against the meta that will drive your overall win rate long term.

• Advertisement

Because meta is different on NA and EU and can even change in literally speaking days. For example face hunter gets popular you'll see the counter to it pop up which will trigger a counter to the counter etc. It's also very streaky at times; I have a top tier warrior deck which I'm very comfortable with but I can easily go 7 losses or 7 wins on it depending on the draw & opponent (i.e. my opponent top decking the perfect card four times in a row while I draw garbage). Overall though it's how well you know your deck and how well it fits against the meta that will drive your overall win rate long term.

Yeah that's what I like about the game, It Is ever changing and can be very situational, I just can't get over this hump, and as I said in a previous post I just find the ladder unforgiving. I will add you when I get home If you don't mind. Maybe we can play at some stage and you can give me a few tips.

Yeah that's what I like about the game, It Is ever changing and can be very situational, I just can't get over this hump, and as I said in a previous post I just find the ladder unforgiving. I will add you when I get home If you don't mind. Maybe we can play at some stage and you can give me a few tips.
    Sure :) Best bet is that I'll watch you play though and I'll give you advice through out (be warned I suck though! ;) )

Sure :) Best bet is that I'll watch you play though and I'll give you advice through out (be warned I suck though! ;) )

Yeah actually, didn't think you'd enjoy that tho! Well If you can climb higher than 13 you're better than me! :)

There was a point last night where I said jaysus, I owe you one Nody. Alas, I still have the same problem!! :( ha.

So I dropped to rank 15 on the way home form work, dublin bus wifi tends to lag you so bad you miss your turn and sometimes decides to just disconnect but anyway, I made the dragon deck on the list you gave me and I dropped to rank 16, It was terrible, now I did have three replacements in there but they were recommended replacements.

Then I made the 3rd deck on the list you posted here and I won 7 games in a row, I then Drew a game, 1st time ever was a fantastic match up. Then I won again so I was 8 wins 0 losses with this deck and I'm now rank 13 with 4 stars, the point I can never get past. I start the match, I lose the match, of course I do, I'm not allowed go past rank 13!!!

I then had a mixture of wins and losses but never broke rank 13 and am sitting there now fed up :mad: But thanks the 3rd deck there is very enjoyable!

Well start looking back at the games and figure out what is it that loses you the games? There's usually one or two turns of decisions that loses you a game and you need to start identifying those decisions to be aware and change them :)

Well start looking back at the games and figure out what is it that loses you the games? There's usually one or two turns of decisions that loses you a game and you need to start identifying those decisions to be aware and change them :)

Yeah there is normally a play where you say right, that's cost me the game or that's won me the game, the first loss with that deck was against a rogue, I did everything right but jesus I'd never faced a rogue like It before, the deck was just built around combo's that ripped me apart. Was finished at about the 7 or 8 mana mark.

No idea what I could have done differently, then again I'm only playing this the past 2/3 weeks so I still have a lot to learn.

Is It just me or does the game seem to be dead on here?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Yeah not that many people post. Beleive me when you think you are not doing wrong you might be, as you say, early days yet :)

Yeah not that many people post. Beleive me when you think you are not doing wrong you might be, as you say, early days yet :)

That's a shame, ever have tournaments or anything when It was popular here?

You should add me and show me the ways :pac:

Yeah we had one, legend has it that some Tar.Aldarion person crushed everybody with a free deck and they stopped posting. :pac:

I'll look up my battle.net thingy later but I dont be on that much.

Yeah we had one, legend has it that some Tar.Aldarion person crushed everybody with a free deck and they stopped posting. :pac:

I'll look up my battle.net thingy later but I dont be on that much.
    Priests; never trust them...

• Advertisement

Really? A free priest deck won?? Lads, that's pathetic :pac:

Nobody ever expects the double mind control. Poor people, I thoughtstole all the good creatures/legendaries they had paid for. There were far fewer cards back then.

Nobody ever expects the double mind control. Poor people, I thoughtstole all the good creatures/legendaries they had paid for. There were far fewer cards back then.

(Laughing face) Boards really needs one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

3 free packs and a card back if you jump through some hoops. Just saw this on reddit so I haven't had a chance to try it myself. Seems to have good feedback though.

https://netdeck.n4ru.it/free-galaxy-gifts-cardback-and-3-packs/

Seems the Genymotion site is suffering from the old reddit hug of death so won't be able to try until later.

Do you get three free packs just for playing on any android??

you get a pack for both android and ios, play one game on each, and 3 more free packs for the method seifers post

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Much easier method if you have a rooted android device: https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/3dkjbb/how_to_get_the_galaxy_s6_card_back_and_packs/

Had to use this method to change the props as the app wouldn't save the changes: http://www.techgainer.com/change-fake-android-device-model-number-and-brand-name/

120 dust but free is free I guess.
    Do you get three free packs just for playing on any android??
    You get one pack for playing on Android (I think one each for phone and tablet). You get 3 with this new Samsung S6 launch.

climbing comes with experience! You can play any deck you want but if you cant play around what your opponent is playing then you will never improve. you need to bait out removal, predict tempo swings and drop certain cards at the correct time e.g. saving lotheb for turn 9 versus ramp druid is the difference between winning and losing. Likewise id silence mad scientist vs face hunter but not midrange.

This is the reason why novel decks tend to do well for awhile because people have no idea what they are facing and so get caught out a lot

tl;dr gain experience and you will climb

climbing comes with experience! You can play any deck you want but if you cant play around what your opponent is playing then you will never improve. you need to bait out removal, predict tempo swings and drop certain cards at the correct time e.g. saving lotheb for turn 9 versus ramp druid is the difference between winning and losing. Likewise id silence mad scientist vs face hunter but not midrange.

This is the reason why novel decks tend to do well for awhile because people have no idea what they are facing and so get caught out a lot

tl;dr gain experience and you will climb

Yeah this seem's to be the case for sure, while I know my deck inside out I don't know my opponents, It doesn't help that I only play mage, so It's taking awhile to learn the other decks E.G. Face Hunter,Zoo,Handlock etc

• Advertisement

Yeah this seem's to be the case for sure, while I know my deck inside out I don't know my opponents, It doesn't help that I only play mage, so It's taking awhile to learn the other decks E.G. Face Hunter,Zoo,Handlock etc

well as a very basic principal until you learn all the decks - if you are playing vs aggro then go for board control and if you are playing versus control then just yolo face. Most of the decks you'll face these days are aggro so just control the board as much as possible and win when they run out of steam

Advertisement