Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HearthStone Heroes of Warcraft

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

well as a very basic principal until you learn all the decks - if you are playing vs aggro then go for board control and if you are playing versus control then just yolo face. Most of the decks you'll face these days are aggro so just control the board as much as possible and win when they run out of steam

I main an aggro deck :P

Also reality what is the situation with next week? Do you need to bring your own computer? and what way does the tourny work?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Joshua J

Logged on today for the first time in months but I can't use my custom decks only basic decks. What gives?.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Just had a game showcasing how much I hate priest; I'm on control warrior and did not draw any suitable low tier creatures so simply armored up for the first four turns and played a Acolyte while the priest plays nothing. Turn 5 he plays Emperor; np, shield slam. He plays resurrection. Acolyte into emperor, execute. He plays a second resurrection and mind steal, at this stage I'm going wtf but ok... Axe and execute his third emperor. He plays a fourth emperor from mind steal... Table flipping time...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Nody wrote: »
    Just had a game showcasing how much I hate priest; I'm on control warrior and did not draw any suitable low tier creatures so simply armored up for the first four turns and played a Acolyte while the priest plays nothing. Turn 5 he plays Emperor; np, shield slam. He plays resurrection. Acolyte into emperor, execute. He plays a second resurrection and mind steal, at this stage I'm going wtf but ok... Axe and execute his third emperor. He plays a fourth emperor from mind steal... Table flipping time...

Sounds like a showcase on why to hate control warrior. Shield slam is so broken. The only thing that "balances" it is that it's an epic card. 1 mana to deal infinite damage. Also brawl is retarded. Literally cannot stand playing against that deck. Opponent just sits there clicking their hero power until you try to play the game by you know, playing a creature and they pick one of their infinite removals to kill it. Still you think; it's going ok, he hasn't done any damage to me, oh wait, here's Alextrasza to do 15 damage in one turn for 9 mana, yay, balanced!

Sigh, I really hate that deck. Feels good to vent.

• Advertisement

TBH Seifer I don't think any deck is broken, they all have strengths and weaknesses, you're never going to get 100% win rate. I actually enjoy playing against warrior.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

TBH Seifer I don't think any deck is broken, they all have strengths and weaknesses, you're never going to get 100% win rate. I actually enjoy playing against warrior.

I didn't say the deck was broken, just that I hate playing against.

Patron warrior is the closest thing to a broken deck at the moment. The whining on reddit has reached near critical mass so if the next expansion doesn't include some sort of counter I'd be amazed if they don't nerf one of the key components.

I really enjoy patron for what it's worth; had to stop using it because I just kept running into handlocks on ladder. So now I'm face huntering all the control decks and it feels good :P

Well you suggested It was broken by saying It wasn't balanced :P

I love playing Patron ATM as I'm running double Flamestrike double doomsayer and double frost nova, the board wipes are glorious. Most Patrons don't have anything else meaningful to take your health down.

I'm currently having problems with god damn face hunter and the poxy handlocks.

Anybody successfully climbing the ladder using Mage this season?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Btw as you may now there's a special stream tonight; gut feeling it's a new expansion because the Shop is also closed and it's expansion time based on their story/expansion/story schedule :)

• Advertisement

Btw as you may now there's a special stream tonight; gut feeling it's a new expansion because the Shop is also closed and it's expansion time based on their story/expansion/story schedule :)

My brain and my wallet are not ready for another expansion!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

My 4k gold is very ready for an expansion and I'll probably buy 50 quids worth too. I'll sell arkhan knight to fund it :-D

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

4k gold? How you manage that? Everytime I get 100 it's gone on a card pack.

Mickeroo wrote: »

You should be saving 150 and doing arena, a much better use of gold!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I find arena a bit boring even though my average wins is quite high and i might go infinite, only play constructed so i spend gold on packs too.

Have about 600 gold sitting around atm and 10k dust. Wonder how much this thing will be, I cant quite remember how expansion works is it just buying packs.

I find arena a bit boring even though my average wins is quite high and i might go infinite, only play constructed so i spend gold on packs too.

Have about 600 gold sitting around atm and 10k dust. Wonder how much this thing will be, I cant quite remember how expansion works is it just buying packs.

Arena can be boring sometimes but even If you only get 3 wins you will make your gold back and get a pack. Anything better than 3 wins and you're making a profit from dust,gold,cards and packs. Just seems a no brainer to me. Even If you lose all 3 and get 0 wins you still get a pack and about 25 gold.

I enjoy making the decks from random choice's and It let's you play with classes that you normally wouldn't.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Oh yeah i definitely make money, average is 7-8 wins from me tracking my stats but I play for fun, not to be efficient. :D
    For a new player it is a great way to learn and to get more cards.

Oh yeah i definitely make money, average is 7-8 wins from me tracking my stats but I play for fun, not to be efficient. :D
    For a new player it is a great way to learn and to get more cards.

Well la-di-da mister veteran over here, If you're so good make me a mage deck that can climb the ladder :p

Mage mech deck is simple and cheap, it's half a year old at this stage but it's a great deck. You don't need antonidus in it.

Mage mech deck is simple and cheap, it's half a year old at this stage but it's a great deck. You don't need antonidus in it.

I have antonidus + every other mage card and most decent legendaries. I just can't get the balance right or find a deck that can beat both handlocks and face hunters

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭TetraxShard

I have antonidus + every other mage card and most decent legendaries. I just can't get the balance right or find a deck that can beat both handlocks and face hunters

That's a choice you have to make at the deck making phase though, whether to be stronger against aggro or control. You will always have bad match-ups no matter the deck though. Some are worse than others, like Freeze Mage vs. Control Warrior (probably an 8-2 match-up in the Warrior's favour).

You can tech for Face Hunter, just add Healbot and maybe a Kezan. Handlock is a little trickier, Harrison is good against Jaraxxus (draw 7-8 cards!). Maybe BGH or Polymorph for Giants?

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

A new expansion "The Grand Tournament" has been announced. 130 new cards and a new keyword "Inspire" that is activated by your hero power. Out next month, you can pre-order 50 packs at a discounted price from next week.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Haven't bought a pack in about 2 months and just saved up the gold :-D

A new expansion "The Grand Tournament" has been announced. 130 new cards and a new keyword "Inspire" that is activated by your hero power. Out next month, you can pre-order 50 packs at a discounted price from next week.
    And as of August arena will give you a random pack rather then G&G pack!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Got my second legendary from a card pack last night, Millhouse ****ing Manastorm :o

This new tavern brawl is so easy with my priest had about 30 wins last night, some on turn one and two :D

This new tavern brawl is so easy with my priest had about 30 wins last night, some on turn one and two :D
    I went with a hybrid frost / minion mage. Turn 1 Alexstrassa opponent & two taunts (the 0/2 1 mana spell), turn 2 Pyro + Alexstrassa to the face :P

Got my second legendary from a card pack last night, Millhouse ****ing Manastorm :o

Man that's unlucky! I'd sell him for dust and buy a good epic card that you need.

On a side note, I'm really not ready for this expansion, I haven't gotten to grips with the cards and decks that exist now nevermind another 130, still excited for It tho. But very scared :o

Man that's unlucky! I'd sell him for dust and but a good epic card that you need.

On a side note, I'm really not ready for this expansion, I haven't gotten to grips with the cards and decks that exist now nevermind another 130, still excited for It tho. But very scared :o
    That's part of the beauty though; 130 new cards around hero abilities will muddle the meta for everyone. The new "on hero ability do something" will definitely muddle the water a lot (for example Warrior has no real downside to constantly using their ability; rogues do etc.).

The only annoying thing is that there will be an even more clear "Bring 3+ 7+ attack creatures" or none kind of split with the new giant as well :(

• Advertisement

I went with a hybrid frost / minion mage. Turn 1 Alexstrassa opponent & two taunts (the 0/2 1 mana spell), turn 2 Pyro + Alexstrassa to the face :P

Yep so many decks can be great! I keep mind stealing alexstraza :D

This was fun:

I played rag, he played rag. His rag kills my rag, I play 2 more rags and he concedes on turn 2.
    tkYXTAo.jpg?1

Advertisement