Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HearthStone Heroes of Warcraft

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Up to date list of the expansion cards; they are also changing the ranked that at ranked game play so if you achieve level 20 you get 1 bonus gold card (common to epic only) and at rank 5 you get 3 golden cards (and a bit of dust) giving you a reason to actually rank up each season (it counts the highest level achieved during the season rather than the ending rank; nothing for going beyond level 5 announced).

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

A walrus riding a smiling turtle into battle.

635743523026354822.png

Paladins got the best card. All i'm saying. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Blood Tuskaar dailies still haunt me. :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

While this card is unlikely to see much game play due to Patron warriors I really love the idea behind it:
    dreadsteed.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Baron Rivendare that thing up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

Its OK but it needs to trigger three times before getting its worth so needs to be early game.

Shamans also got a pretty close to auto include card now with this:
    healing-wave.png

If you play a relatively slow deck the chance for a 14 point heal can be a game changer...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Shaman is my main hero, so I'm really hoping we get some better cards than the underwhelming additions so far. I want Shaman to become more relevant so badly!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

Shaman is my main hero, so I'm really hoping we get some better cards than the underwhelming additions so far. I want Shaman to become more relevant so badly!

You think that card above is underwhelming?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Not at all, I think it's a great addition!

• Advertisement

Joust is so close to being a valid mechanic. The problem is that when you tie the joust, you lose it. So if you pull a 5 mana card and so does he, you lose. So even in a mirror match versus an identical deck, you are going to lose a lot more jousts than you win.....which is ridiculous.

A simple change is all that is necessary. If you tie the joust, you re joust it. Would make a massive difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Nody wrote: »
    While this card is unlikely to see much game play due to Patron warriors I really love the idea behind it:
    dreadsteed.png
    Dont play anymore but just curious as to why this wouldnt be played a lot? Seems like a must-have...

Thargor wrote: »
    Dont play anymore but just curious as to why this wouldnt be played a lot? Seems like a must-have...

The meta has changed massively, this Is most certainly not a must-have, at 1-1 for 4 mana, even If It Is a consistent body It's not exactly a threat to your opponent, unless you start putting Into It, (Power overwhelming,Demonfire etc) but then that's even more mana put into this one card.

I think It will have It's uses, but ATM a large portion of players play Grim Patron Decks, If you have this on the field against a Grim Patron, they have the ability to play their best combo very early, In turn finishing you off very early.

The meta has changed massively, this Is most certainly not a must-have, at 1-1 for 4 mana, even If It Is a consistent body It's not exactly a threat to your opponent, unless you start putting Into It, (Power overwhelming,Demonfire etc) but then that's even more mana put into this one card.

I think It will have It's uses, but ATM a large portion of players play Grim Patron Decks, If you have this on the field against a Grim Patron, they have the ability to play their best combo very early, In turn finishing you off very early.
    Well it's a card that come up in any of the "summon random demon" effect (There is one now I think) and of course it may come out of a Sky shredder; same is true for the druid card that adds one temp. crystal as battle cry and destroys one can come out of the Piloted Shredder but only give you the downside :)

Thargor wrote: »

Exactly. These days you hear the word "tempo" thrown around alot and phrases like "too slow". It basically means you want to be dealing with a threat, and playing a threat on the same turn. If you are doing neither or only doing one, you are behind.

And thats the problem with Dreadsteed. It gets amazing value throughout the course of a long game but if the game doesnt go long, it's a waste of a card. The problem is it doesnt do anything when you play it and it's 1 attack doesnt threaten anything.

Now ofcourse it has synergy with a lot of warlock cards for example you could Power Overwhelming it and then run it in and then it hits face or trades beautifully....and then the 1-1 is back. The problem is you cant do that the turn you play it.

If Inspire and Joust slow down the meta, it becomes a good card. If the aggro/face decks continue to be everywhere, it's a terrible card.

Debating getting back into this after skipping the latter half of GvG and all of Blackrock. Is the ladder still the mind numbing grind that it was? I'm not hugely interested in Arena.

nesf wrote: »
    Debating getting back into this after skipping the latter half of GvG and all of Blackrock. Is the ladder still the mind numbing grind that it was? I'm not hugely interested in Arena.

If you don't like arena and If the ladder Is a mind numbing grind It doesn't sound like your type of game. The ladder Is tough, very tough, but that makes It all the better!

OMG the wait for TGT is actually killing me! Hurry up!

21st of Aug is the date I've seen rumbling around (you can change the date on your PC and the ribbons fall of the 50 pack apparently; used before to spot stuff with Blizzard games); I manually went and removed a ton of cards this morning so I got 16k dust waiting for the expansion to sort out those cards I need day 1 :P

Nody wrote: »
    21st of Aug is the date I've seen rumbling around (you can change the date on your PC and the ribbons fall of the 50 pack apparently; used before to spot stuff with Blizzard games); I manually went and removed a ton of cards this morning so I got 16k dust waiting for the expansion to sort out those cards I need day 1 :P

24th Is what I've heard :mad:

What do you mean manually removed? Like sold them for dust? If so what did you sell!?

16k Dust Is ridiculous, I thought I was going well with 2.5!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I have 10k dust and 3000 gold ready to go! Realistically I wont spend my dust, i never do :D

• Advertisement

I have 10k dust and 3000 gold ready to go! Realistically I wont spend my dust, i never do :D

Jesus lads, did you get the pre-order as well? / Do I have you added on Hearthstone?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Nah I've not spent any money on the game. I have no idea, peopel keep adding me but I assume it is just to abuse me and I never talk to them :D

Nah I've not spent any money on the game. I have no idea, peopel keep adding me but I assume it is just to abuse me and I never talk to them :D

Damn, you must play It fairly consistently then, fair play, much respect for F2P players.

Are you Tony.F? If not what's your battle tag please so I can go and abuse you.

TarAldarion#2866 off on holiday tomorrow though, so be a while!

TarAldarion#2866 off on holiday tomorrow though, so be a while!

Sound, yeah no worries, who the hell Is Tony.F then? He added me and said he was from boards?

If you don't like arena and If the ladder Is a mind numbing grind It doesn't sound like your type of game. The ladder Is tough, very tough, but that makes It all the better!

I don't think the ladder itself is particularly tough in terms of standard of play, the grind comes from the best of one format. Advancing past rank 5 when you stop getting bonus stars can get very annoying unless you can maintain a very high (65%+) winrate. It just comes down in the end whether you're willing to put enough games in if you've a decent read of the meta and haven't gotten to 5 with a sub-50% winrate (which can happen quite easily).

I like Magic Online's mini-tournaments but I don't want to pay that much for virtual cards with a game UI like that. The pre-order for TGT looks like a real bargain in comparison.

nesf wrote: »
    I don't think the ladder itself is particularly tough in terms of standard of play, the grind comes from the best of one format. Advancing past rank 5 when you stop getting bonus stars can get very annoying unless you can maintain a very high (65%+) winrate.

I like Magic Online's mini-tournaments but I don't want to pay that much for virtual cards with a game UI like that. The pre-order for TGT looks like a real bargain in comparison.

Yeah that's also what I mean by tough, It can get very frustrating, going up and down like a yoyo. But they have added more incentive to climb the ladder. After the TGT release you will receive a chest every month which increases In value depending on your highest rank achieved in Ladder. Even a chest for low ranks I.E 18 will receive a Gold card and some dust.

Also Arena grants a random pack now instead of GVG

tonyf is Reality_Check1

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

Blizzard are doing a twitch stream of TGT gameplay at 6: http://www.twitch.tv/playhearthstone

theres some speculation on twitch that they might reveal their release plans as well.

• Advertisement

Blizzard are doing a twitch stream of TGT gameplay at 6: http://www.twitch.tv/playhearthstone

theres some speculation on twitch that they might reveal their release plans as well.

They'll also be revealing 5 new cards

Advertisement