Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HearthStone Heroes of Warcraft

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

They said on stream that all cards will be released today if its not on stream it will be on https://www.facebook.com/Hearthstone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Anyone make any TGT decks yet? So hyped for It to finally come out. Threw together a Tempo/Mech Mage deck that I can't wait to try out

Arcane Blast x 2
    Arcane Missiles × 2
    Mirror Image × 2
    Mana Wyrm × 1
    Frostbolt × 2
    Flamewaker × 2
    Goblin Blastmage × 2
    Flamestrike × 1
    Archmage Antonidas × 1
    Rhonin × 1

Clockwork Gnome × 2
    Annoy-o-Tron × 2
    Mechwarper × 2
    Eydis Darkbane × 1
    Spider Tank × 1
    Tinkertown Technician × 1
    Jeeves x 1
    Mechanical Yeti × 2
    Nexus-Champion Saraad × 1
    Gazlowe × 1

• Registered Users Posts: 39 gmogames

Got this pack opening the other day.
    2m0o4qU.jpg

1 Rare
    2 Golden Commons
    1 Epic
    1 Legendary

Probably the best pack opening I got, the only downside is I already had Ysera, so 400 dust it became!

Started saving gold and dust for when TGT comes in, should be good to go with 2500 gold and 4000 dust!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

So GT cards will be the focus on tomorrows brawl. Guess that means they will be released next week.

GodlessM wrote: »
    So GT cards will be the focus on tomorrows brawl. Guess that means they will be released next week.

Yes,

The rumor was that TGT was going to be released on the 24th, Tavern Brawl ends on the 24th, so it may in fact be the release date.

• Advertisement

Just before my birthday. And with the 2k dust I have saved...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Quick question. The preorder bonus for the new expansion is 45 on PC but 50 on iPad.

Am I missing something? Surely there's no difference?

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Quick question. The preorder bonus for the new expansion is 45 on PC but 50 on iPad.

Am I missing something? Surely there's no difference?

Its the same content, just more expensive on iOS because of something like Apples cut on in-app purchases or vat I think.

I've paid $49.99 on the Mac, but dollars, and it is the same price it was showing on my ipad as well.

I know that if you buy using Amazon coins you are able to get it cheaper as Amazon has a promotion for buying coins. So it may be good to purchase on the amazon app store through an emulator or something.

TGT officially announced as releasing next Monday the 24th.

• Advertisement

So far away from September when they said "ooh we'll release It In August" the wait Is killing me

I don't understand your comment.

As for the topic of the GT; played the Brawl, but wasn't all that impressed by the new stuff shown. Nothing stood out.

As for the topic of the GT; played the Brawl, but wasn't all that impressed by the new stuff shown. Nothing stood out.

The wait from when they announced It to release date was too long.

I quite enjoy the inspire mechanic, will really spice things up.

According to Trump, this preview of TGT Brawl contains all the bad cards in his opinion, the ones that will not see that much of a gameplay, so they are using it for a preview.

I've tried it. yeah, there are some cool cards in there for both Mage and Hunter, but overall this specific set is not that cool.

Inspire is an interesting mechanic, but I'm not that impressed by Joust.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

some of the Mage cards really make it more powerful, reducing the cost of hero power increasing power and frequency of it's use coupled with the inspire mechanic could make it tricky to defeat

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

djkeogh wrote: »
    some of the Mage cards really make it more powerful, reducing the cost of hero power increasing power and frequency of it's use coupled with the inspire mechanic could make it tricky to defeat
    But the problem is to have all those cards out at the same time; even if you take the basic +1 damage to hero power card for 2 mana to use that you need to wait until 4 crystals to use it once (and you've played a 3/2 instead of for example a 4/3 Shredder to deal 1 more damage).

There are some decks which may become sort of possible around it (control warriors come to mind) but the question if is it strong enough in general to slow down the game. Because the hero powers in general are not that good on a per mana basis so even with a secondary effect you usually only get it a turn later (i.e. you play a creature, it gets a slight buff and next turn you get to use it).

Nody wrote: »
    But the problem is to have all those cards out at the same time; even if you take the basic +1 damage to hero power card for 2 mana to use that you need to wait until 4 crystals to use it once (and you've played a 3/2 instead of for example a 4/3 Shredder to deal 1 more damage).

There are some decks which may become sort of possible around it (control warriors come to mind) but the question if is it strong enough in general to slow down the game. Because the hero powers in general are not that good on a per mana basis so even with a secondary effect you usually only get it a turn later (i.e. you play a creature, it gets a slight buff and next turn you get to use it).

The idea Is to still play on curve, like drop Fallen Hero on turn 2 even tho If he dies you won't get his value. 3/2 Is a decent 2 drop body anyway, I think waiting for the perfect combo with the inspire mechanic wouldn't work. You'd fall too far behind early game.

If every minion you drop has the potential to be a real threat, your opponent will run out of removal fairly quickly, so I think It has potential but I don't think Inspire Mage Is going to be a game changer.

Nody wrote: »

I tend to see it that way as well. Its nice if it happens, but it is too many ifs to build a deck and strategy around. And doing two damage off a Mage power still isn't overly powerful anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Need some people to add me to get the spectator quest, Shane86#2339 on EU

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

218C68B8-34B9-48B8-89AC-C841840A4912_zpsxturptah.jpg

Monday. I am ready.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I anyone is looking to get closer to the €45 mark using those top up cards, you can get the world of warcraft cards and use the credit on anything. They're 25 each, so you're left with less leftover credit.

I'm more just waiting for the update to pop.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

I reckon it might be 6pm like the Tavern Brawl launches? The cards are wiggling at me. THEY WISH TO BE OPENED

We're finally ****ing Live!!!!

Well, sort of. Too many people on so many can't get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

It finally let me on and then booted me off as I tried to buy packs with my gold. Sigh.....

I wish there was a way to buy more than 1 gold pack at a time. It takes so long.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Kirby wrote: »
    It finally let me on and then booted me off as I tried to buy packs with my gold. Sigh.....

I wish there was a way to buy more than 1 gold pack at a time. It takes so long.

You can, if you click on where it says 1 pack 100 gold, you can enter the quantity you want

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

ShaneU wrote: »
    You can, if you click on where it says 1 pack 100 gold, you can enter the quantity you want

That makes things easier. :D

Its so laggy though. US is completely fine. EU is a trainwreck.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

US will probably be as bad later when people are home from work/school etc. I haven't been able to get in at all tonight thus far :(

Advertisement