Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HearthStone Heroes of Warcraft

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭billian

Nody wrote: »
    I don't think it will have a great impact in general due to the cards it's placed on honestly; there are two or three cards in there that I'm interested in and none for my main decks currently which is disappointing (well maybe that druid 1 mana cost discover one because that's got potential to be quite OP); the previous adventure cards definitely were more relevant (talking ranked constructed).

Even if it doesn't cause a shift in the meta it's still a fun mechanic to introduce and it's one that I can certainly see myself experimenting with over the coming weeks. I like Museum Curator most out of all the discover cards, Priests only really have Wyrmrest Agent for the 2-drop spot and I'm not a huge fan of Dragon Priest, it's so dependant on drawing a dragon to activate it's threats. Even though a 2 mana 1/2 looks pretty ****ty, there are some really powerful deathrattle cards out there. Even getting an extra Shredder so you can stay on curve would be huge. Add in the new Entomb card and I think Control Priest could be a viable option again.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

Set seems a bit naff to me. There is no Loatheb, or Emperor Thaurissan or such level of card.

However Forgotten Torch looks pretty great.

My favorite [Rogue] needs a serious pick up though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Joshua J

Shougeki wrote: »
    Set seems a bit naff to me. There is no Loatheb, or Emperor Thaurissan or such level of card.

However Forgotten Torch looks pretty great.

My favorite [Rogue] needs a serious pick up though.

Hotform used a Rogue deck in his run to second place at the world championships so there is strength there. Just like my beloved shaman its not meta for a reason, there's too many brainless strong decks out there. I had a secret paladin d/c for three turns and he still nearly beat me came down to last turn.

Man but control warrior holds no fear now without the patron garbage.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Discover has the potential to be *very* interesting given what I've seen similar mechanics do in other CCGs. It'll take a long time to balance it right though, I don't blame Blizzard from playing fairly safe with it when introducing it first (so we don't get another Undertaker situation). Balancing it for Arena and Constructed is really, really tough. This kind of mechanic is naturally stronger in Arena.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 RazorMcBlade

Does anyone know when League of Explorers is going live. I thought it was today (Thursday). Was I wrong, or is there a certain time of day it will go live?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Does anyone know when League of Explorers is going live. I thought it was today (Thursday). Was I wrong, or is there a certain time of day it will go live?
    Probably 6pm US time or similar :(

Probably 6pm US time or similar :(

Oh well, guess it's good I will be staying up to watch American Football tonight, might get some playing time in lol

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

I missed typed my Battle Tag... DOH!!
    The corrected Battle Tag is: RazorMcBlade#1377

Sorry :)

If anyone wants to add me I am on Shougeki#2651

Well, I am done the week 1 on Normal and the 2 class challenges. Having some trouble on the Heroic mode, got to figure this out. Definitely thinking Druid class on Heroic Zinaar since he gains an extra mana crystal each turn, any one trying anything different here?

Well, I am done the week 1 on Normal and the 2 class challenges. Having some trouble on the Heroic mode, got to figure this out. Definitely thinking Druid class on Heroic Zinaar since he gains an extra mana crystal each turn, any one trying anything different here?

I just beat it with a tempo mage deck. Each wish he gives you is a 0-cost spell - some of which give you more spells. That obviously has great synergy with both Flamewaker and Antonidas. Still took me three tries though!

• Advertisement

billian wrote: »
    I just beat it with a tempo mage deck. Each wish he gives you is a 0-cost spell - some of which give you more spells. That obviously has great synergy with both Flamewaker and Antonidas. Still took me three tries though!

Good point, I been trying with Druid... Got close once, because the wish gave me Alextraza and then with Innervates I had him down to 3... but couldn't get those last bits before dying. Will try the Mage though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

Havent gotten a chance to do heroic or expert yet, but the normal games were disappointingly easy to beat.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

GodlessM wrote: »
    Havent gotten a chance to do heroic or expert yet, but the normal games were disappointingly easy to beat.
    I can't recall a time they have not been though; first try to beat 99% of the time.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

highlander decks are seeming pretty cool! (reno jackson)

Well I'm thinking ramp druid with a ton of legendaries could be a thing for it and you can add tree of life as back up solution along with all those heals you'd not bother with usually.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭TetraxShard

It's probably better this way. People can get the cards, and there's still Heroic for people who want that extra challenge. The Paladin challenge in Naxx was maddening until they buffed the player's deck a few patches later.

Agreed. I mean I didn't want to spend hours upon hours on it, but I did all three relatively easy. Perhaps the other levels will be harder. As for the Heroic and expert ones... a bit tougher.

Got this confirmed btw; Reno only checks the deck at the point of when it's played so don't even need to go proper highlander to use him...

Got this confirmed btw; Reno only checks the deck at the point of when it's played so don't even need to go proper highlander to use him...

Nope, so long as you know your duplicate cards have been played I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Some of the new cards look cool. Nothing ground breaking, but there are some nice options there for most. I laughed hard at Paladin getting a new secret though.
    Kirby wrote: »
    Yes but its another terrible secret. Dr. 6 paladins will likely not include it. It's way too situational.

27217.png

New secret is not garbage tier. Its still not great but its better than I thought. I just played with it and it works against dr boom. :eek: The boombots count as "having a minion".

I just played a guy and he had 1 minion out, played boom and boom died. So unless the opponent plays boom on an empty board, Boom gets killed the turn he gets played. Its basically a 1 mana assassinate....just for boom. :P

• Advertisement

Kirby wrote: »

New secret is not garbage tier. Its still not great but its better than I thought. I just played with it and it works against dr boom. :eek: The boombots count as "having a minion".

I just played a guy and he had 1 minion out, played boom and boom died. So unless the opponent plays boom on an empty board, Boom gets killed the turn he gets played. Its basically a 1 mana assassinate....just for boom. :P

Cool effect, but with repentance being likely after a Mysterious Challenger turn not too many people would play a Dr. Boom on turn 7. You could test for it pretty easily and play around it. That said, it's not something that I had previously thought of so thank you for allowing me to play around it next time I'm up against a secret pally!

I am thinking of making a Dragon Priest deck. I am VERY bad with my priest at the moment, what are your thoughts on a Dragon Priest? Any advice for my deck building with it??

I am thinking of making a Dragon Priest deck. I am VERY bad with my priest at the moment, what are your thoughts on a Dragon Priest? Any advice for my deck building with it??
    There are already multiple versions out there. In general they are not quite tier 1 due to being very dependent on holding the board to work but definitely a doable deck and something you see on ladder but require quite a bit of dust to create.

Maybe this is Rogue's time to shine with beneath the ground being the counter to Reno :pac:

I've tried it a few times and I find it's too dependant on drawing well. The amount of times I've ended up with a dead Blackwing Corrupter, Twilight Guardian or Wyrmrest Agent because I didn't draw another dragon to activate it. If you really want to play priest I'd say wait until the Museum Curator and Entomb cards come out and go for a more traditional Control Priest deck. I'm certainly gonna be trying it out anyway!

Then again, there are a LOT of good Battlecry minions in Dragon Priest (even if pretty much all of them need another dragon to activate), so maybe Brann Bronzebeard is the card that'll help it make that step up to Tier 1. Getting a 2/5 Twilight Whelp on turn 1, 3/4 Taunt Wyrmrest Agent on Turn 2 and coin 4/6 Taunt Twilight Guardian on turn 3 and you basically win!

Then again, there are a LOT of good Battlecry minions in Dragon Priest (even if pretty much all of them need another dragon to activate), so maybe Brann Bronzebeard is the card that'll help it make that step up to Tier 1. Getting a 2/5 Twilight Whelp on turn 1, 3/4 Taunt Wyrmrest Agent on Turn 2 and coin 4/6 Taunt Twilight Guardian on turn 3 and you basically win!

Edit: I realised as soon as I pressed submit that Brann needs to be in play for the Battlecries to double. Derp!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Looking for some feedback on my Paladin deck, I have kinda hit a wall and seem to be able to get no higher than level 12 in the ranked play, I have only been playing for about 2 months and have not spent any money on the game.
    Equality X2
    Acidic Swamp Ooze
    Argent Protector
    Knife Juggler
    Shielded Minibot X2
    Wild Pyromancer
    Muster For Battle X2
    Seal Of Champions
    Aldor Peacekeeper X2
    Truesilver Champion X2
    Consecration X2
    Hammer Of Wrath X2
    Defender Of Argus
    Murloc Knight X2
    Piloted Shredder X2
    Sen'jin Shieldmasta X2
    Quartermaster X2
    Lay On Hands
    Sneed's Old Shredder

billian wrote: »
    First of all you're expecting to draw one specific card to make that happen; secondly he's a 3 mana card you'd have to play first to trigger AND somehow have it still live for the trigger to be considered. At 4 health he'll be dead in a turn, two if the opponent is unlucky on draws. Brann is a funzies card if you don't build a deck around the warcry theme.
    Xenji wrote: »
    Looking for some feedback on my Paladin deck, I have kinda hit a wall and seem to be able to get no higher than level 12 in the ranked play, I have only been playing for about 2 months and have not spent any money on the game.
    Well making rank 12 in two months is not bad, however the deck is overly defensive with no end game. Basically your whole list appears to rotate around defending but that does not kill an opponent; you'd need to switch up some of that to give you more mid/end game reach possibly along these lines.

• Advertisement

Xenji wrote: »

You're really lacking that late game oomph. Sneads doesn't really cut it just a silence from being a worse Jormingar. You really need Dr Boom and Tirion if you can get the dust gathered up. Personally I'd lose the wild pyro as it counters your hero power/muster and 2xequal/con should be enough board clear. The hammer of wrath I find too slow add another seal and I'd lose the senjins for blessing of kings as minibot-coin-blessing is one of the hardest combos to deal with. But yeah you need that late game I'd even stick two Boulderfist or stormwind champs in there. Big game hunter is great in this meta too but I'd say might be a stretch too far dust wise.

Advertisement