Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HearthStone Heroes of Warcraft

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Thanks both of you for the help, I actually have all the cards for the Fast Legend Eadric Mid Pala deck, well except for the legendaries, I must have the worst luck pulling them, I only have managed to get Sneed and Malygos so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Xenji wrote: »
    Thanks both of you for the help, I actually have all the cards for the Fast Legend Eadric Mid Pala deck, well except for the legendaries, I must have the worst luck pulling them, I only have managed to get Sneed and Malygos so far.

You might be better off looking at faster decks that require less dust (i.e. fewer legendaries) in order to grind out cards quicker. Midrange decks tend to be annoyingly dependent on a small number of epic/legendary cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

Paladin is hard to play with a limited card pool I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 RazorMcBlade

Curious. There are a lot of cards I still don't have (Legendaries mostly), but what is a quicker way to earn dust? Bare in mind I cannot buy any decks except with coins. So I guess I am asking is it quicker to play casual games or ladder games to earn the coins? I do complete my daily quests every day as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Curious. There are a lot of cards I still don't have (Legendaries mostly), but what is a quicker way to earn dust? Bare in mind I cannot buy any decks except with coins. So I guess I am asking is it quicker to play casual games or ladder games to earn the coins? I do complete my daily quests every day as well.

Arena!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Do the Brawl every week and play lots of Arena.

Arena if you're ok at it (still do good dailies when they come up, get rid of the poor pay ones). Otherwise you need to maximise games per hour in Constructed. Avoid playing slow midrange/control decks in constructed at all costs if what you're trying to do is farm gold or dust.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 RazorMcBlade

Kirby wrote: »
    Do the Brawl every week and play lots of Arena.

Thanks.

Some ideas here for people (including a rogue deck :P): http://theirronsmith.com/meta-solutions/meta-analysis-top-5-meta-solutions/

Only really valid for Rank 5+ imho in terms of what you'll meet but the decks look fun regardless.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I got a feeling there's an upcoming paladin secret nerf coming... This is the win ratio by a bot creator who shared it and was posted on reddit; notice anything sticking out?

9amKey1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

But thats stats based on what a bot can do. They arent going to balance the game based off bot win percentages.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Got a Nexus Champion Saraad in a pack from an arena run today :D What a cool card, can't wait to try it out a bit!

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

Got a Nexus Champion Saraad in a pack from an arena run today :D What a cool card, can't wait to try it out a bit!

He gets beaten around like an unwanted redheaded stepchild pretty rapidly. 5 health isnt enough for him to stay on the board.You are lucky to get 2 maybe 3 uses. Any more than 2 though, you are probably already in a superior position anyways.

Kirby wrote: »
    But thats stats based on what a bot can do. They arent going to balance the game based off bot win percentages.

Yup, all it shows is which current meta deck is the most straightforward for a bot to play. It was similar with Face Hunter decks months ago and Zoo decks back when Naxx came out. It's not that Secret Paladin is particularly overpowered as much as it's just very much "play on curve, attain a decent winrate." There's a reason why Patron Warrior wasn't a favourite for botting to legend.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Had an absolute slogfest of a match...broke out my warrior deck and meet a warrior control.

For the first 7 or 8 turns we completely neutralised each others plays and by the time we had 10 crystals each, we both had about 15-20 armour built. I Alex him, he Alex me.

Everything that came out was taken out by BGH, Execute etc. We both had the Justicar played. Unbelievable.

We decked on the same turn and we were both left with 3 or 4 cards in hand and no minions out. 15 life and 23-25 armour.

I used my ability for 4 armour, takes a fatigue damage.
    He does the same.

I used my ability for 4 armour and take 2 fatigue damage.
    He does the same.

It gets to 10 or 11 fatigue damage and I am down to a sliver of life.

I play Reno. He quits.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Had an absolute slogfest of a match...broke out my warrior deck and meet a warrior control.

For the first 7 or 8 turns we completely neutralised each others plays and by the time we had 10 crystals each, we both had about 15-20 armour built. I Alex him, he Alex me.

Everything that came out was taken out by BGH, Execute etc. We both had the Justicar played. Unbelievable.

We decked on the same turn and we were both left with 3 or 4 cards in hand and no minions out. 15 life and 23-25 armour.

I used my ability for 4 armour, takes a fatigue damage.
    He does the same.

I used my ability for 4 armour and take 2 fatigue damage.
    He does the same.

It gets to 10 or 11 fatigue damage and I am down to a sliver of life.

I play Reno. He quits.

Tried Reno Warrior for a bit, went back to regular Control Warrior, I think it's slightly better. Sticking with Reno Warlock though over regular Handlock.

Reno in no way diminishes how good control Warrior is. The problem is people handicap themselves with him by building strict highlander when you really don't need to. If you are playing Control Warrior right with a good deck you should be able to have a Few duplicates in and out before you need Reno.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

GodlessM wrote: »
    Reno in no way diminishes how good control Warrior is. The problem is people handicap themselves with him by building strict highlander when you really don't need to. If you are playing Control Warrior right with a good deck you should be able to have a Few duplicates in and out before you need Reno.
    This is what I've done; I've simply added Reno to my existing control warrior and due to meta I'm changing out Sludges for Deathlords. Still leaves me with dual execute, weapons, shield maidens, shield slam etc. but not a lot of them and a ton of singles due to being so back heavy anyway.

I think you play highlander or you do as Nody is doing and play almost normal just with Reno subbed in for the mirror/other fatigue games. The middleground doesn't work because you're cutting some duplicate that helps you against midrange/aggro whilst not really gaining that much against control and you're making it massively more likely that Reno is a dead card in hand (Warriors tended to do better in really long games anyway and the odds of a duplicate being in the bottom half of your deck if you have two, three or four duplicates are too high).

I think Warrior suffers more than Warlock here because Warlock can get away with running a lot of one-ofs easier than Warrior can for dealing with aggro/midrange and most anti-Control cards are one-offs anyway so it's the aggro/midrange matchups that are most effected. I'm not playing Reno in my regular Control deck at the moment because I'm not seeing enough games that would go into the very long game with me losing. This may change once the start of the season finishes.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Wait...so Reno only looks at your deck when you play him?

• Advertisement

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Wait...so Reno only looks at your deck when you play him?

Yes, the cards you've played and the cards in your hand don't matter, it's literally if there are any duplicates remaining in your deck of undrawn cards (you can have a shield slam in hand and one in your deck and he still works *I think*). It's a mechanic that couldn't possibly exist in paper CCGs so it's quite interesting.

He'll also get a helpful yellow highlight when his conditions are met so you don't have to remember if you played that second waraxe or not. :)

Came across some maths on Reno and duplicates: https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/3sh8n2/math_graph_how_many_dupes_can_you_use_with_reno/
    If you're planning to go to fatigue, you can run some duplicates and then plop him down once you've drawn the duplicate cards out. The question is, how far do you have to be into your deck before that becomes an option?

If you want a 50%+ chance of healing from Reno and have 2 pairs of duplicates, then you need 16 or fewer cards left. That chance is 95%+ once you have 5 cards left.

With 3 pairs of duplicates, 50%+ at 13 or fewer cards left, and 95%+ once you have 4 cards left.

With 4 pairs of duplicates, 50%+ at 11 or fewer cards left, and 95%+ once you have 3 cards left.

This illustrates what I was trying to get across above. The issue as you add more duplicates is that you push out the average turn you can play Reno for the battlecry. This turn converges over time so going with going from one to two duplicate pairs having a *far* greater effect than going from three to four. The result is as you add duplicate pairs the Reno heals goes later and later so you very quickly reach a point where just playing standard with 9 or 10 pairs is much more consistent than playing with 4 pairs against aggro.

With control warrior, if you are playing Reno for the control match-up I don't see the reason to go under the usual 8-10 duplicates. You normally don't lose quickly or win quickly in those games. If you are playing him for the aggro/midrange matchup you might be able to squeeze in one duplicate but definitely not more than that without pushing the average Reno heal out too far to be change many of your results (if you can stall an aggro deck and most midrange decks to turn 12+ without them having a dominating board you're usually pretty favoured in my experience).

Hopefully interesting to someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭billian

Does anyone else hope that there will be a Lady Naz'jar style tavern brawl? It was fun against the AI but it would be cool to try out against other players!

Just to note, you don't get the yellow highlight for Reno, or at least I never have any time he worked.

Just to note, you don't get the yellow highlight for Reno, or at least I never have any time he worked.

Last time I looked Blizzard were saying there was technical difficulties (it's all calculated server side) and they were trying to find a way around it but I came across a few forum posts there saying Blizzard had confirmed they were not going to do it, again citing technical issues.

Will people end up using deck trackers that show what's left in your deck?

Depends on the deck. My Control Warrior only has 5 duplicates anyway so it doesn't take a lot to keep track.

The post and the discussion might interest you if you haven't seen it (guy ground to Legend with Control Warrior, Reno and two duplicates): https://www.reddit.com/r/CompetitiveHS/comments/3vlim3/65_win_rate_rank_4_to_legend_a_balanced_take_on/

Anyone got any clever insights on a change of meta post League that I haven't noticed. Went between ranks 7 and 10 for three months and this month can't break 15. Trying to figure if I am just being ****/unlucky this month or if something has changed in the meta that I haven't noticed, bar Reno as I haven't ran into him much.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Hovering around rank 8 at the moment with a dragon priest deck. Seeing a lot of face shaman. Wild growth Druid. Some secret pallie & murloc pallie. Entomb priest is doing the rounds also

• Advertisement

Woden wrote: »
    Hovering around rank 8 at the moment with a dragon priest deck. Seeing a lot of face shaman. Wild growth Druid. Some secret pallie & murloc pallie. Entomb priest is doing the rounds also

See that's just it. It seems varied and rather unchanged from last month.

Advertisement