Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HearthStone Heroes of Warcraft

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

GodlessM wrote: »
    See that's just it. It seems varied and rather unchanged from last month.

Yeah sometimes I just feel its the deck and around the ranks you play. I was knocking around 12/13 with a reno warrior yesterday not making much headway. Switched to the priest then and down the ranks it went. Saying that as visiting relatives probably played more games than I do in a usual month!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

I had some luck running a priest teched quite heavily against aggro depending on 2 x Entomb, Elise and Justicar for long games (Elise is mostly there as a 3/5 against aggro). I haven't been playing much though, so bouncing around 9-10.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭billian

Currently at rank 2 with midrange paladin... Still the best deck for the meta IMO

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Had a hilarious experience with League of Explorers earlier.

Playing Priest vs Lady "Power of the Tides will CONSUME YOU"

She gives me an Auchenai Soulpriest and a Mistress of Pain

12283.png

Use the Mistress to kill off one of her dudes. She deals one dmg, so should restore 1 health to me, but Auchenai has it deal 1 dmg to me. Infinitely. Mistress is counted as dealing the 1 dmg to my face so each 1 dmg triggers another 1. I pinged myself from 30 to -3 before the game realised I was dead :pac: :D:D:D

It was an epic moment :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

billian wrote: »
    Currently at rank 2 with midrange paladin... Still the best deck for the meta IMO

Murlocs? I managed to crawl up to rank 10 so far after switching over to my Control Warrior. Working much better than the Riddler this month, but takes a long time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭sportstar583

I'm currently at rank 4 with aggro shaman. It was smooth sailing to get here. I could get legend but since I already have the card back there really isn't any point. So, i've just been playing arenas. :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Got to 10 but have been playing random decks since which are either lethal or awful :D. Back at 13 now.

Murlocs? I managed to crawl up to rank 10 so far after switching over to my Control Warrior. Working much better than the Riddler this month, but takes a long time.

Nope, not Murlocs! This is my current deck

Paladin Cards:
    2x Avenge
    1x Comp Spirirt
    2x Noble Sac
    1x Redemption
    2x Minibot
    1x Coghammer
    2x Muster
    1x Truesilver
    2x Consecration
    2x Uldaman
    1x Murloc Knight
    1x Quartermaster
    2x Dr 6
    1x Tirion

Neutrals:
    1x Argent Squire
    2x Creeper
    2x Juggler
    2x Shredder
    1x Loatheb
    1x Dr 7

Mainly using this deck, been struggling since I got to 2 so I've been switching between this, zoo and freeze mage. Was using control warrior last month and couldn't get past rank 9, but I don't have much experience with that deck

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Just had a player friend me to send me this after I beat him (I'm honestly laughing hard because he sat around waiting for 15 min before I bothered to accept only to send it, unfriend me and go offline):
    твоя мать умрет от рака

It's Russian for "your mother dies of cancer".

Nody wrote: »
    Just had a player friend me to send me this after I beat him (I'm honestly laughing hard because he sat around waiting for 15 min before I bothered to accept only to send it, unfriend me and go offline):

It's Russian for "your mother dies of cancer".

Fortune Cookies in Russia are grim.

• Advertisement

Nope, not Murlocs! This is my current deck

Paladin Cards:
    2x Avenge
    1x Comp Spirirt
    2x Noble Sac
    1x Redemption
    2x Minibot
    1x Coghammer
    2x Muster
    1x Truesilver
    2x Consecration
    2x Uldaman
    1x Murloc Knight
    1x Quartermaster
    2x Dr 6
    1x Tirion

Neutrals:
    1x Argent Squire
    2x Creeper
    2x Juggler
    2x Shredder
    1x Loatheb
    1x Dr 7

Mainly using this deck, been struggling since I got to 2 so I've been switching between this, zoo and freeze mage. Was using control warrior last month and couldn't get past rank 9, but I don't have much experience with that deck

Did you try any decks like: (Quite a few tech choices possible)

BDtDJWX.png

I'd be curious about you not running Equality with the 2 x Consecration as well (just your reasoning).

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Indeed. I would drop comp spirit for an equality so fast.

nesf wrote: »
    Did you try any decks like: (Quite a few tech choices possible)

I'd be curious about you not running Equality with the 2 x Consecration as well (just your reasoning).

Pretty much it's because when I first started playing with this deck I was running in to a lot of Face Hunters and any time I used Equality I was getting hammered by Juggler/Unleash combo and I'd find myself out of the game by turn 5 or 6 every time. Competitive Spirit helps to negate that completely, although it is a completely dead draw unless played with Muster or brought out by Mysterious Challenger. I'm considering dropping one of the consecrates for a blessing of kings or seal of champions, but seeing as this deck got me to rank 2 last month (my highest ever finish), I don't really feel any need to change it. At the end of the day, it's about crafting a deck that compliments your own play style, and I love having board control, so having two consecrates works for me :)

The deck you linked is very similar to the one I was playing pre-TGT, but Mysterious Challenger is an auto-include for me. If you're ahead on turn 6 and play MC it's very hard to lose!

Pretty much it's because when I first started playing with this deck I was running in to a lot of Face Hunters and any time I used Equality I was getting hammered by Juggler/Unleash combo and I'd find myself out of the game by turn 5 or 6 every time. Competitive Spirit helps to negate that completely, although it is a completely dead draw unless played with Muster or brought out by Mysterious Challenger. I'm considering dropping one of the consecrates for a blessing of kings or seal of champions, but seeing as this deck got me to rank 2 last month (my highest ever finish), I don't really feel any need to change it. At the end of the day, it's about crafting a deck that compliments your own play style, and I love having board control, so having two consecrates works for me :)

The deck you linked is very similar to the one I was playing pre-TGT, but Mysterious Challenger is an auto-include for me. If you're ahead on turn 6 and play MC it's very hard to lose!

Thanks. What I linked is what I was/am playing at the moment, unsure about a couple of cards though. With Midrange Paladin (like Secret Paladin) Consecration can be a bit "clunky" (with all the weapons etc you run you need to be careful about how many conditional cards you put in). I prefer 1 x Consecration, with 1 x Cog Hammer, 2 x Truesilver, I think you can run 2 x Consecration, 1 x Truesilver instead though. I think 1 x CH, 2 x TS, 2 x Con is a bit greedy though. :)

I didn't open that many TGT packs (was on a break from HS) so don't have 2 x MC and like the Midrange style enough not to craft them. Plus I think people mulligan expecting Secret Paladin/Murloc which suits me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

An interesting fact has come out regarding legendary cards; there's a guaranteed legendary for every 40 packs in a given set by a timer; more details from Kripp inc. the source for it.

An interesting fact has come out regarding legendary cards; there's a guaranteed legendary for every 40 packs in a given set by a timer; more details from Kripp inc. the source for it.

The problem I have with that is they're basing their data on a simulation site not actual in-game data from what I can tell...

It's a fairly common system in games. It leaves you have a low enough probability to make three legendary packs in a row extremely unlikely whilst also avoiding a fair number of people almost never seeing legendaries no matter how many packs they open. It helps smooth out the variance a bit and removes some of the outlier scenarios in both directions.

Just found out an interesting feature with the new co-op Tavern Brawl; if your opponent quits you win the game. So if you're down to one hit, can't beat him? Quit the game and at least your opponent will get a "win" rather than both of you losing.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

Just found out an interesting feature with the new co-op Tavern Brawl; if your opponent quits you win the game. So if you're down to one hit, can't beat him? Quit the game and at least your opponent will get a "win" rather than both of you losing.

Didnt work or me yesterday. Took bloody ages. Was still fun. Being able to chat would improve it massively. Co-ordination Millhouse,Cho,Pyroblast,Fireball,HealingTouch etc would be sweet.

Shougeki wrote: »
    Didnt work or me yesterday. Took bloody ages. Was still fun. Being able to chat would improve it massively. Co-ordination Millhouse,Cho,Pyroblast,Fireball,HealingTouch etc would be sweet.

You can play Tavern Brawl with someone on your friend list (challenge once you're on the Tavern Brawl menu). Co-ordinate over Skype or be in the same room :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

What the hell is up with people not attacking in the Brawl this week? Literally every partner I have played with is putting down minions and never attacking with them.

What the hell is up with people not attacking in the Brawl this week? Literally every partner I have played with is putting down minions and never attacking with them.
    Depends on the minions; as a druid your job is to spam critters (spell damage, 1/1 spiders etc.) to boost the Mage and absorb the "hit three random targets" and use with trees for savage roar etc. but if you don't pull of the right combos in healing (i.e. magic armor for the mage, healing touch with handing it back and forth etc.) you're pretty much screwed :/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Never had an issue with the Brawls till this week's, took over 20 turns to actually complete it.

Xenji wrote: »
    Never had an issue with the Brawls till this week's, took over 20 turns to actually complete it.
    Know the feeling; I got the "Everyone get in here" daily quest (win 5 Tavern Brawls).

Since I've not seen it once I'll post the most OP cards for this week's tavern brawl that I've yet to see played but are honestly among the most OP cards you can play.
    1. Ragnaros - 8 damage effect still there
    2. Hobgoblin - Every minion you play is counted as a 1/1 who then gets +2/+2
    3. Twilight drake; look at all that health!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I've lost one game, my most op cards are frostwolf warlord, stormwind champion, onyxia, questing adverturer, shade of nax, rag, ysera, black wing, north sea kraken, all draw cards like gnomish, azure, novice engineer and so on. I have no board clear and it hasn't even mattered. No spells at all in fact.

I went with Flamewalker, unstable ghoul, explosive sheep etc. Drop ronin to fill hand with arcanes.
    Then Apprentice,Malygos, and let the good times roll. :P

I went with Flamewalker, unstable ghoul, explosive sheep etc. Drop ronin to fill hand with arcanes.
    Then Apprentice,Malygos, and let the good times roll. :P

Hobgoblin and Mukkla's Champion have been the two to do the business for me. Drawing Alexstraza on turn 1 also helps!

• Advertisement

Have you guys seen the new designer insights video? Standard mode seems cool and will definitely help with the longevity of the game. Having no Naxx and GvG is gonna be crazy!

Advertisement