Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HearthStone Heroes of Warcraft

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

And yet for every year we lose something we still don't lose the Druid bollocks combo, and likely never will because according to Blizzard it is 'balanced'. It is easily worse than anything else that has come up over the years,even Patron.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

GodlessM wrote: »
    And yet for every year we lose something we still don't lose the Druid bollocks combo, and likely never will because according to Blizzard it is 'balanced'. It is easily worse than anything else that has come up over the years,even Patron.
    Actually many think it's coming up for a nerf with the change to standard (since they stated they are going to make significant changes to the default cards); Kripp had a video on it and basically the combo, knife juggler the ancient of lore, BFG etc. were some of the top contenders.

That's still player speculation though, however much sense it might make. Im pretty sure when the devs were asked in an interview not long ago they said they thought the combo was good for the game and brought good balance.

I'd rather the speculation was right though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Finally got my Gold Mage! :D

Now to work on a full Gold deck :D

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

Anyone have tips on gaining legendary. I normally rank 8/7/6 with no trouble just doing daily's n stuff with out trying, but never really attempt to go further.
    Currently running a variant of Mage Tempo with a few changes, but wondering if anyone has suggestions for that 6-0 rank?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Shougeki wrote: »
    Anyone have tips on gaining legendary. I normally rank 8/7/6 with no trouble just doing daily's n stuff with out trying, but never really attempt to go further.
    Currently running a variant of Mage Tempo with a few changes, but wondering if anyone has suggestions for that 6-0 rank?

Don't try and learn a new deck for an end of month push. When laddering you're normally best off with a deck you know well if possible. Find a streamer/youtuber who plays Tempo Mage a lot. Pause the video or stream each turn and work out how you would play. Unpause and try to figure out why their play differs from yours. Equally you should look at their card/tech choices and if they're different to yours try to figure out why. The usual how to get better advice really.

5-Legend is a real grind. You'll face fairly optimised meta decks constantly with no win streak bonus to compensate for winrate. Use a deck tracker to watch for meta changes and tech appropriately. Mainly you're going to be fighting against your winrate, so long as it's over 50% you can get to legend but they're a very large difference in the number of games needed on average between 55% and 60% winrates. The lack of bonus stars really makes losing streaks much more painful.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭billian

nesf wrote: »
    Don't try and learn a new deck for an end of month push. When laddering you're normally best off with a deck you know well if possible. Find a streamer/youtuber who plays Tempo Mage a lot. Pause the video or stream each turn and work out how you would play. Unpause and try to figure out why their play differs from yours. Equally you should look at their card/tech choices and if they're different to yours try to figure out why. The usual how to get better advice really.

5-Legend is a real grind. You'll face fairly optimised meta decks constantly with no win streak bonus to compensate for winrate. Use a deck tracker to watch for meta changes and tech appropriately. Mainly you're going to be fighting against your winrate, so long as it's over 50% you can get to legend but they're a very large difference in the number of games needed on average between 55% and 60% winrates. The lack of bonus stars really makes losing streaks much more painful.

Yeah 5-Legend is so much tougher than 25-6. I've gotten to Rank 5 every month since September but still haven't managed to get higher than 3, even though last month I got to Rank 5 by the 6th of Jan, couldn't climb 5 more ranks in 4 weeks!

billian wrote: »
    Yeah 5-Legend is so much tougher than 25-6. I've gotten to Rank 5 every month since September but still haven't managed to get higher than 3, even though last month I got to Rank 5 by the 6th of Jan, couldn't climb 5 more ranks in 4 weeks!

I get in maybe 50 games a month these days. If I was willing/able to put in around 250 I might try and push for it. I used to hit rank 4-5 every month I played, pushed to 1 one month before the grind got too much. The problem is I don't view hitting Legend as meaning much unless you get a decent rank in Legend itself and the number of games needed per month to do that is way more than I can reasonably get in.

Now, if it was a league system like SCII it might be different.

Its also dull as dishwater these days as well.

nesf wrote: »
    I get in maybe 50 games a month these days. If I was willing/able to put in around 250 I might try and push for it. I used to hit rank 4-5 every month I played, pushed to 1 one month before the grind got too much. The problem is I don't view hitting Legend as meaning much unless you get a decent rank in Legend itself and the number of games needed per month to do that is way more than I can reasonably get in.

Now, if it was a league system like SCII it might be different.

I just want that Card Back tbh! Haha

• Advertisement

I just want that Card Back tbh! Haha

I get irrationally annoyed by the ones I didn't get. :/

I wanted the back too. But fcuk 250 games. I dont even try to ladder tbh. Just have a bit of fun doing dailies and collecting cards...

Shougeki wrote: »
    I wanted the back too. But fcuk 250 games. I dont even try to ladder tbh. Just have a bit of fun doing dailies and collecting cards...

You can see a table someone worked out here: https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/2gkz9n/data_on_how_many_games_it_should_take_to_get_to/

250 assumes that I'd be under 60% but above 55% (I've maintained 60%+ before for a season but I wouldn't assume it) and that I want to play a good number of games in Legend not just hit it on the 31st of the month.

Edit: Lol, I thought it was 150 games to Legend at 60% not 250ish! Dear Lord.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 RazorMcBlade

Just curious, I am more of a casual player, so never achieve very high ranks as I just never have the time to do it. Then I usually go on big losing streaks as well which I find frustrating and then just leave. My question is, as a casual player the highest level I have achieved is Rank 13, would you say there would be much for me to do to get higher up the Rankings? I am currently playing a Reno Mage and Deathrattle Shammy. Experimented with a Murloc Pally and a Tempo Warlock.

Just curious, I am more of a casual player, so never achieve very high ranks as I just never have the time to do it. Then I usually go on big losing streaks as well which I find frustrating and then just leave. My question is, as a casual player the highest level I have achieved is Rank 13, would you say there would be much for me to do to get higher up the Rankings? I am currently playing a Reno Mage and Deathrattle Shammy. Experimented with a Murloc Pally and a Tempo Warlock.

Depends what you mean. If you mean 13 - Legend probably a lot. If you mean finishing better than rank 10 each month not that much (it mainly comes down to the numbers of games needed question above, if you want to play X deck because you find it fun but can only get a 52% winrate with it then aiming for rank 10 is fine but Legend really isn't a realistic aspiration).

• Registered Users Posts: 44 RazorMcBlade

Ok thanks. I know I am probably never going to make Legend, but just was hoping to get to Rank 10 at least. However, I will keep working on it as I have time. Thanks for the reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Got my first golden legendary in a long time today, shame it was Hemet Nesingwary.

Xenji wrote: »
    Got my first golden legendary in a long time today, shame it was Hemet Nesingwary.

I got Nat god damn Pagle. Previously I got a golden Lorewalker Cho, and I have had 3 nongold copies of Milhouse Manastorm.....

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

I got a gold Nozdormu a while ago. Shame its not competitive because it's such a cool looking card!

Might get buffed soon, never know :P

• Advertisement

Easily the best Arena draft I've ever gotten! I almost feel bad! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Joshua J

Easily the best Arena draft I've ever gotten! I almost feel bad! :p

I predict 9 wins.

Know your match ups. What are you facing?. Mage plays Loot hoarder turn 2 what type of mage is it?. Tempo, mech, freeze....? Once you've worked that out what is that decks win condition?. Control, burst etc?. Playing your own deck well will get you to rank 5 or so. If you wanna get to legendary then play a meta deck like combo druid or secret pally.

While that's incredibly sound advise, I wouldn't call Secret Pally that meta right now. I've found it doesn't do well because (a) everything seems built to take it these days, and (b) people figured out how to get through it after playing it so much the last few months. I've found my win rate dropping with it as each month goes by.

While that's incredibly sound advise, I wouldn't call Secret Pally that meta right now. I've found it doesn't do well because (a) everything seems built to take it these days, and (b) people figured out how to get through it after playing it so much the last few months. I've found my win rate dropping with it as each month goes by.

It still remains probably the most straightforward to play of the meta decks at the moment though.

Depends what you're playing of course some decks do better than others. Rogue/priest do well my elise totem shaman does not lol. But it's the most unfair deck imo. Pally have an amazing early game mini-bot/muster/aladaman they just curve out so good. So hard to get board control and if you don't have board control once challenger comes out then you may as well ff. It's brainless.

Joshua J wrote: »
    I predict 9 wins.

Ended up with 8!

Ended up with 8!

Yeah it was a deck that if you got ahead you would win easy but if you got behind you had no real comeback. Bar the Deathwing hail Mary lol. Plus it was Shaman (my fav class) with overload restrictive in Arenas. gg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Broke into the top 5 for the first time using a midrange Hunter deck.

• Advertisement

Xenji wrote: »
    Broke into the top 5 for the first time using a midrange Hunter deck.

That's pretty impressive stuff seeing as Hunter is considered quite a weak meta deck. Fair play!

Advertisement