Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HearthStone Heroes of Warcraft

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

I'm skeptical about these nerfs to two of my staples, ah well out with the old and in with the new, speaking of which the Old Gods is out next Wednesday the 27th. Hopefully the tavern brawl this week will feature some of the new cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

Is that confirmed?

Nice one. Cheers.

Interesting that there's no mention of Standard there, and that was supposed to drop first.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

GodlessM wrote: »
    Nice one. Cheers.

Interesting that there's no mention of Standard there, and that was supposed to drop first.
    Last I heard was that Standard would go in on the same date as the expansion (along with the changes to classic cards).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭billian

I can see BGH getting a Warsong Commander level nerf. They'll probably keep it a 4/2 and keep the effect but bump it up to 5 mana, which would actually be a lot fairer, considering other single target removals like assassinate and siphon soul (if you count the 3 health as being worth 1 mana) are similarly costed.

As for Owl, 2 mana silence just gives you way too much value and, more importantly, is the destroyer of fun which is why I can see Blizzard upping its mana cost.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

billian wrote: »
    As for Owl, 2 mana silence just gives you way too much value and, more importantly, is the destroyer of fun which is why I can see Blizzard upping its mana cost.
    But why would you bring a 2/1 for 3 mana when you can get a 4/3 instead for 4 mana? That's the problem I see with the owl; it's pigeon holed at the current stats/mana with that effect.

^nailed my predictions :P

Overall I'm quite happy with the nerfs, even if my beloved Blade Flurry is now completely unplayable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Secret Paladin going to be used even more by the look of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Overall I'm quite happy with the nerfs, even if my beloved Blade Flurry is now completely unplayable

Yeah, they should change things up a bit at least. The Blade Flurry nerf was long overdue, if only because of the hard limit it put on possible Rogue weapons/poisons etc.

BGH at 5 is interesting. Hard to play it for anything but the effect now. Owl at 3 doesn't change as much, you didn't play it for the body anyway just the silence and the Beast tribe.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Do you still get the dust refund for nerfed cards?

I just dusted a golden BGH the other day.:o

Free legendary down the toilet there.

ShaneU wrote: »
    Secret Paladin going to be used even more by the look of things.

Nahh, they're losing Avenge, Minibot, Haunted Creeper, Muster, Shredder, Loatheb, Belcher, and Dr Boom, most of which are 2 ofs in your typical secret pally composition. Challenger loses a lot of power without Avenge and even Knife Juggler has received a nerf, albeit a minor one. That deck is dead (in standard anyway).

Any cards that DIDN'T get nerfed that people were expecting? I for one thought Alexstrasza might be in for a change

Nahh, they're losing Avenge, Minibot, Haunted Creeper, Muster, Shredder, Loatheb, Belcher, and Dr Boom, most of which are 2 ofs in your typical secret pally composition. Challenger loses a lot of power without Avenge and even Knife Juggler has received a nerf, albeit a minor one. That deck is dead (in standard anyway).

Yup. Some variant might survive, but the power house won't see Standard. While many of those cards could be replaced with competent if albeit slightly less efficient replacements, I think the loss of Avenge is the bigger part there. Great Tempo from that card.

Regards nerfs, I am OK with them. Will still play the cards I was using even after the nerf mostly, bar FoN, but that deserved it. Egg Druid here we go.

Any cards that DIDN'T get nerfed that people were expecting? I for one thought Alexstrasza might be in for a change
    Agree; expected it to be moved to 20 health instead; also expected Mountain Giant / Sea Giant might gone up by a point or two as a outlier. More disappointing though is I was hoping to see buffs to several of the useless cards (or at least class specific cards) to go along with it but nothing :/

I was curious if something would happen to Abusive Sergeant.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Edwardririth

I'm so sad to see the nerfs. I think i will never play thief. What the hell!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

Nody wrote: »
    Agree; expected it to be moved to 20 health instead; also expected Mountain Giant / Sea Giant might gone up by a point or two as a outlier. More disappointing though is I was hoping to see buffs to several of the useless cards (or at least class specific cards) to go along with it but nothing :/

Depending on the circumstances that could be a significant buff if you were using Alexstrasza to restore health rather than attack.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

Blizzard are being pretty generous with the release of the new expansions, as well as the 3 free packs, you will get a quest to win 2 games of standard for 5 packs, followed by a quest to win 7 games for another 5 packs. If there isn't space your quest with the lowest progress will be deleted though.

https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/4fu2fc/ben_brode_just_confirmed_on_release_day_you_will/

Saw that on the stream. Ben Bride said it was their way to push players to try standard a good bit and make some new decks with the new stuff.

I am just going to be happy to use Shammy and Rogue again, and to up usage of Priest. Also nice to see new viable archetypes for Warrior and Hunter.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

pallys got shafted. losing all our staples and got mostly dross in return. oh well.......

Kirby wrote: »
    pallys got shafted. losing all our staples and got mostly dross in return. oh well.......

To be fair though, we had a good run at the top for a long time.

Secret Paladin is dead and buried, Control (non-Murloc) looks much more viable now, maybe Midrange too if it can figure out a way to survive the early game without Minibot and Muster and take advantage of cards like the new Rag and Forbidden Healing as curve toppers. Anyfin isn't dead but the OTK style is much, much weaker, I've seen some people musing about a more midrange style using Anyfin for lategame board control.

Divine Favour Bubble deck looks like it'd amusing too. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭TetraxShard

It's just Blizzard recapturing how bad Paladin was in the early days.

I still hope for a Tirion nerf some day. I have a gold one. I like gold Ashbringer, I'd like 3200 dust more.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

nesf wrote: »
    Secret Paladin is dead and buried, Control (non-Murloc) looks much more viable now, maybe Midrange too if it can figure out a way to survive the early game without Minibot and Muster and take advantage of cards like the new Rag and Forbidden Healing as curve toppers. Anyfin isn't dead but the OTK style is much, much weaker, I've seen some people musing about a more midrange style using Anyfin for lategame board control.

Divine Favour Bubble deck looks like it'd amusing too. :P

Only got 2 control cards.... the heal one and holy rag. Both are quite good but the rest of the new pally cards are nowhere near enough while losing all the nax and GVG cards. Control wont work because you wont be able to survive to late game. You will be dead.

Eboladin is alive and well but that's realistically the only viable paladin deck for the foreseeable. Too many of the new paladin cards are just.....bad. Super underwhelmed tbh.

Only got 2 control cards.... the heal one and holy rag. Both are quite good but the rest of the new pally cards are nowhere near enough while losing all the nax and GVG cards. Control wont work because you wont be able to survive to late game. You will be dead.

I disagree, I think everyone's early/mid game got hit by the rotation (Paladin worst of all certainly but they are not alone in the pain) and Paladin should be able to find enough in the class and neutral cards to have something playable control wise. Top tier? Probably not but you don't need to care about that unless you are pushing for high legend no?

It's just Blizzard recapturing how bad Paladin was in the early days.

Nah, Guardian of Kings doesn't look attractive as a two of quite yet. They've some nerfing still left to do.

Eboladin is alive and well but that's realistically the only viable paladin deck for the foreseeable. Too many of the new paladin cards are just.....bad. Super underwhelmed tbh.

If Pally could only use Pally cards then sure, only two cards, but there are tonnes of neutral cards to work from as well don't forget. Pally can get insane amounts of heals now.

In other news,the nerfs are now live. Any experiences yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭TetraxShard

GodlessM wrote: »
    If Pally could only use Pally cards then sure, only two cards, but there are tonnes of neutral cards to work from as well don't forget. Pally can get insane amounts of heals now.

In other news,the nerfs are now live. Any experiences yet?

Have had two Druids play the new and "improved" combo on me so far.

The first one I felt sorry for since I used Counterspell on the first Force of Nature. I knew the second one was coming. Oh, how I laughed.

This meta's great. I wish we could have it for a few more days. Zoo and Control Warrior back in the game, what a time to be alive.

Advertisement