Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nexus 5

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Anyone else getting constant errors with Play Music lately too?

It was refusing to play anything that wasn't cached previously and would just say "Google Play is not responding" and crash. I've uninstalled the app and all that and getting the exact same problem.

Very annoying as thats where I store all of my music.
    Its started appearing by itself in the notification bar with no music selected. Seems to have only started happening today.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭The lips

My Nexus 5 has developed a weird problem over the last few days.

When in a call the screen stays completely blank when I flip it down to input a number or hang up, even hitting the power button does nothing.

Yesterday I had to leave the phone alone while the battery died, all the while the AIB computer voice was chirping away.

Pulling the battery does not seem to be an easy option on this phone unfortunately.

Is this a simple fix or one for meteor to investigate?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭mcw92

The lips wrote: »

When in a call the screen stays completely blank when I flip it down to input a number or hang up, even hitting the power button does nothing.

Yesterday I had to leave the phone alone while the battery died, all the while the AIB computer voice was chirping away.

Pulling the battery does not seem to be an easy option on this phone unfortunately.

Sounds like the proximity sensor might be damaged. It's up near the top usually near the front camera. It is what dims the screen when you put the phone close to your ear when in a call.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Triangla

The lips wrote: »

Hold the power button and volume down button for 30seconds to reset.

I do this when mines crashes, which is a lot more regularly lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,925 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Who was it here that sent their phone back to Google?

I'm getting a pain in my ****** with the battery life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Triangla

Not me but I emailed them and got a call back, rep sent me an email with power saving tips saying to revert after a week.

My battery is still rubbish so will be emailing them at the end of the week to return.

They want to eliminate software issues before checking the hardware it seems.

I'm off to apple next regardless, I am actually afraid to use my phone at all as the battery life is so bad. What's the point in having a nexus I'd you can't use it?

That's exactly my problem. 2 charges a day is unacceptable and even then I'm barely able to get home without it in the red. I have been troughly underwhelmed by my ownership of the Nexus 5. I thought I could suck it up that it had no FM Radio... but no more. Imagine how bad the battery life would be if I used it on 4G?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,267 ✭✭✭emo72

I did. Just email them and request a callback. I was a few months out of warranty.

emo72 wrote: »
    I did. Just email them and request a callback. I was a few months out of warranty.

Where did you email them from?

Where did you email them from?

I went to the Google play devices store and went into support and sent it from there.

• Advertisement

emo72 wrote: »
    I went to the Google play devices store and went into support and sent it from there.

Sound.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Sound.

Can you let us know how it goes? If these battery issues continue I might do the same!

Would it be a problem that I bought my phone on Amazon?

Yeah, Google won't deal with you. Your issue would be with Amazon in that case as they are the retailer.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Yeah, Google won't deal with you. Your issue would be with Amazon in that case as they are the retailer.

Damn. It was Amazon.es too to make it more complicated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

Getting sick.of mine too. What will google do, send a replacement or refund?

We'll see. They're closed now.

Getting sick.of mine too. What will google do, send a replacement or refund?

They sent me a refurb. Which was fine. Then I sent back the damaged one. They put a hold for the amount on your credit card until they receive the damaged one. They also give you a prepaid envelope to return it in. Which caused issues for me because it could only be used in the UK. So I had to swallow the return costs. Which I was only too glad to do considering I got a new phone, after 14 months. I bought from UK play store.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,348 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I think I might have an idea as to why the battery use on my Nexus 5 has been absolutely brutal for the last couple of weeks.

If I go to 'Battery' in settings, it shows that Wi-Fi is ALWAYS on, even when I have it manually turned off. And even when I have "scanning always available" turned off in the 'advanced Wi-Fi' menu.

I'm thinking that it might be some app that I have that is causing the Wi-Fi to be constantly on even though I have it manually turned off.

It might be worth for the rest of ye to have a look at the battery use to see if Wi-Fi is always on.

I'm running stock Android 5.0.1.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭murfilein

i'm not sure how it is in ireland. but in my home country, there are 2 type of defects.

one is the defect that was already there when the product was shipped. in this case, the dealer you bought the product from is responsible.

the other is the defect that appears after shipping through normal usage. thats what the manufacturer has to deal with if its within the warranty period.

@BonnieSituation: was this problem always there with the phone or did it appear after some time?

either way, i would still contact google first. if they tell you to go to amazon, then ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

I'm starting to get alot of problems with the USB cable not being detected or the slightest touch causing it to disconnect and stop charging.

Has anyone else had similar issues?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

matrim wrote: »
    I'm starting to get alot of problems with the USB cable not being detected or the slightest touch causing it to disconnect and stop charging.

This is apparently a known issue, and Google/LG will sort it under warranty.

matrim wrote: »

i never heard of this at all. i dont have this issue. but then again, i'm using the nexus-cable for my ps4 controller and the ps4-cable for my nexus... but no issues so far on my dualshock 4 with the nexus cable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Where can you get a Nexus 5? Meteor/Carphone Warehouse don't seem to do them.

Where can you get a Nexus 5? Meteor/Carphone Warehouse don't seem to do them.

check google play, they still have it listed online and i think they actually had them again a couple of weeks ago. currently out of stock, but maybe they'll be back again

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

gerryk wrote: »
    This is apparently a known issue, and Google/LG will sort it under warranty.

Cool, so if I got it from google play Ireland, just contact them?

Would it matter if I had previously gotten my screen replaced?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Anyone else having trouble where the screen freezes but keeps processing things in the background? Its doing my ****ing head in at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭projectgtr

Good news my Nexus 5 feels back to KitKat butteryness after the update to 5.1, all good here hope it stays this way :D

Well for some. I pray I get this soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

Anyone else wishing they had a Oneplus one for the battery life alone?
    Any nexus 5 to oneplus one converts here??

• Advertisement

Yup. I regret my purchase everyday this last 3 months.

Advertisement