Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nexus 5

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

5starpool wrote: »
    What are the clearest instructions to flash a factory image? My gf's phone has had issues with the OTA 5.1 update so I need to flash the factory image to try and restore sound to her phone but the instructions out there aren't very clear (to me), so if someone could point me towards the clearest instructions that would be appreciated.

Use the nexus root toolkit, it will do it all for you. And despite the name it doesnt make you root the phone if you don't want to.

http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Fresh Pots wrote: »
    Use the nexus root toolkit, it will do it all for you. And despite the name it doesnt make you root the phone if you don't want to.

http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/

Ta. I knew there was something all in one but I couldn't remember what it was called.

Worked a treat anyhow so cheers, sound restored.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

Will the N5 work on 4g with Vodafone ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Anyone else getting an exclamation mark by both the wifi & mobile signal icons since the most recent update? I'm getting it a lot lately but its not an actual connection issue as all apps are able to access data and I'm still getting gmail etc. through so it doesn't seem to be an issue connecting to google.
    Zipppy wrote: »
    Will the N5 work on 4g with Vodafone ireland?
    I think if you have a US version of the phone it probably won't but if you have the EU/UK version it should work alright. Mine, which I got from the UK, is using Vodafone 4G for a good while now.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I have used mine on Vodafone 4G with no problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Yeah I've been using 4g on mine with vodafone for ages too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

As it's not on playstore anymore...how does this seem? Good value?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,347 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Zipppy wrote: »
    As it's not on playstore anymore...how does this seem? Good value?

The 32GB on the PlayStore was what, €399 plus €10 shipping?

The one in your link seems decent value I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭2thousand14

I lost my nexus 5 last night, what do you recommend me to do to find it?

I lost my nexus 5 last night, what do you recommend me to do to find it?

If your phone is still powered on you might be able to find it through Android Find my Phone.

Login with your google account here:

https://www.google.com/android/devicemanager

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭youngblood

anyone noticed a huge improvement in battery life over the last few weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

youngblood wrote: »

I had but the last few days its after getting shocking. I've had my phone off the charger since 9am and haven't used it all day but its only at 44% - **** knows what it'd be like if I'd made a bloody phone call.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,925 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Only because I have been regimental with my "location" usage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

I had thought it was sorted too..... but, its gone back to pisch again. The battery is half the size it should be...

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭DanDublin1982

The battery issue has me really pissed off. Wish i'd spent the extra couple hundred on the Galaxy at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭mcw92

The battery issue has me really pissed off. Wish i'd spent the extra couple hundred on the Galaxy at this stage.

Why not sell on and buy a different phone.
    I sold my nexus 5 in January and bought a oneplus one new straight from oneplus. Only cost me an extra €100. Haven't regretted it since.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭DanDublin1982

mcw92 wrote: »
    Why not sell on and buy a different phone.
    I sold my nexus 5 in January and bought a oneplus one new straight from oneplus. Only cost me an extra €100. Haven't regretted it since.

Where'd you sell the nexus? That sounds a great price you got for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭projectgtr

Rumours are circulating that the new render in googles latest Project Fi video is the new Nexus 5......... and the excitement begins :D , im still loving my Nexus 5 but again this gets released ill be itching for a new handset

new-nexus-5-270515.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭mcw92

Where'd you sell the nexus? That sounds a great price you got for it.

Adverts.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Ya, if there is a new N5 released near the end of the year around the same pricepoint as the previous N5 I'll probably pick one up then too, although my current N5 is fine generally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,322 ✭✭✭positron

In my case, battery life improved after upgrading to Android 5.1, however it still like 90 - 120 mins of screen time maximum. To make things worse, I dropped it about 1.5 to two foot (I was on my knees doing something) onto cobble locked drive way and cracked the screen pretty badly. Everything works, it would continue working if I can get a clear film over the screen to hold it all together. It's a decent phone but considering I paid approximately €440 some 18 months ago for this device I am bit disappointed...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,322 ✭✭✭positron

Update: After giving some hope of replacing the phone (battery life issue was reported weeks before the screen cracked) they have now come back and said piss off. Gorilla 3 glass that shatters if dropped from less than two feet hight. Battery that drains in less than 6 hours of use, less than 45 mins using GPS. :/

I will NOT be buying a phone from Google again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Had a strange one this morning. Phone was acting slow so I restarted it but on reboot it went to a screen saying

Firmware update. Do not upnlug the USB

there was a bit of other text after the USB but along the same lines, and a picture of the USB symbol

In a box on the bottom was written B66

I left it for a few minutes and it then restarted fine.

Edit: Quick google seems to indicate that I was probably holding down the volume and power key by accident when rebooting

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Ooh, I'm only getting 5.1.1 pushed to the device today. Sim Free. Anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,347 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Amalgam wrote: »
    Ooh, I'm only getting 5.1.1 pushed to the device today. Sim Free. Anyone else?

I got it last week at some stage.
    I haven't noticed any difference really.

If anyone else gets the "Can't connect to camera" issue the way I seemed to fix mine is by backing out of the camera with the back button as opposed to going straight to home with the home button. So far so good. Haven't got the issue once in past few days since doing it this way.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,874 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I got it last week at some stage.
    I haven't noticed any difference really.

Same here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭projectgtr

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    If anyone else gets the "Can't connect to camera" issue the way I seemed to fix mine is by backing out of the camera with the back button as opposed to going straight to home with the home button. So far so good. Haven't got the issue once in past few days since doing it this way.

that was the annoying issue i had with mine but it hasnt happened once since updating to 5.1.1 last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

Anyone getting a weird issue with WhatsApp? When i go into it and click the text box to bring up the keyboard it will sometimes scroll up the entire conversation to the point were it says load earlier messages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,925 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

I'm finally rid of my Nexus 5 (32GB Black). Sold for €280.00
    Battery life broke my heart.

Replaced it with a Galaxy Core Prime. So far so good.

Advertisement