Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nexus 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭duffman85

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭moikey

This Phone is taking it's time eh :D....My friend has an English credit card, would I be able to use that to buy the Nexus 5 off Google play and get it sent to a Parcel Motel?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

moikey wrote: »
    This Phone is taking it's time eh :D....My friend has an English credit card, would I be able to use that to buy the Nexus 5 off Google play and get it sent to a Parcel Motel?

You might. It can be hit and miss though. With a "genuine" English credit card you'd probably have a better chance for sure. Is your friend living in England?

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭moikey

Uriel. wrote: »
    You might. It can be hit and miss though. With a "genuine" English credit card you'd probably have a better chance for sure. Is your friend living in England?

Not living there anymore, it's genuine as far as I know. Do you know how long does the Parcel Motel take to deliver?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Fluffy88

ParcelMotel only adds a max of 1 day to the normal delivery schedule.
    They will move the parcel to your local PM overnight the day they receive it so you will have it by the next morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

With the amount of leaks and rumours flying about Google should really come out and make a statement regarding the phone. Don't think all the speculation and lack of information helps anyone. This phone hasn't even been confirmed by Google. If there is problems and delays then I think they need to come out and let people know.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

In work our connection is via the UK, so I can see UK play store, etc. I've set up a new google account, linked a card I hadn't used before to the new google wallet and put in the Parcel Motel UK post code. Chances are this will work? I'm not optimistic I have to say, but I'll give it a try anyhow when they are released. Pity I can't try it out without actually having to buy a different device.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,274 ✭✭✭emo72

5starpool wrote: »
    In work our connection is via the UK, so I can see UK play store, etc. I've set up a new google account, linked a card I hadn't used before to the new google wallet and put in the Parcel Motel UK post code. Chances are this will work? I'm not optimistic I have to say, but I'll give it a try anyhow when they are released. Pity I can't try it out without actually having to buy a different device.

Maybe buy an app and see how that goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭markad1

It worked for me several times with the 4 :D
    5starpool wrote: »

emo72 wrote: »
    Maybe buy an app and see how that goes.

I'm not sure that'd prove anything. UK only apps would probably be available via the UK play store connection, but not sure if that checks billing address in the same way that devices do? I know from last year trying to get an N10 that the message is a very helpful one something like "oops, something went wrong" or similarly crappy anyhow.

I've just bought a tv show episode for £1.89 anyhow and it worked. I still don't think it has proven a lot though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,274 ✭✭✭emo72

Well you have set it up the same way I did. I got 4 nexus phones using the same method. It certainly won't do any harm buying the app as a test run.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭markad1

I used tunnelbear
    https://www.tunnelbear.com/download/
    set it for UK
    Set up parcel motel address on google play and added credit card.
    Hellooooo nexus 4 :D

markad1 wrote: »
    I used tunnelbear
    https://www.tunnelbear.com/download/
    set it for UK
    Set up parcel motel address on google play and added credit card.
    Hellooooo nexus 4 :D

Ya, I tried that before for the N10, even added a credit card of a scottish friend of mine and used the actual address it was registered at but it didn't work. I had to get a different friend in NI to buy it for me on their account and transferred the money to them, but I'd prefer not to have to do that again. I hope to get 2 N5's, one each for me and the missus who is having problems with her One X.

Once available I'll give it a try anyhow.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Hurry up and fooking announce it! :pac:

I've had a cracked screen on my N4 since mid August and I've been waiting for the new one to be announced since then :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

I know we don't know any specs for sure yet but do we think it'll be a big jump from N4 to N5? I need a new phone in a bad way. Plus the N4 will presumably be cheaper that the N5. I'm leaning towards getting the N4. Rocking a Desire S atm, its on its deathbed though.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I know we don't know any specs for sure yet but do we think it'll be a big jump from N4 to N5? I need a new phone in a bad way. Plus the N4 will presumably be cheaper that the N5. I'm leaning towards getting the N4. Rocking a Desire S atm, its on its deathbed though.
    We know all the specs
    http://www.theverge.com/2013/10/28/5039968/nexus-5-specs-leaked-by-canadian-carrier-wind-mobile

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

O yay cheers. Informed decision on the horizon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Gokei

Fúck this, I'm buying an iPhone.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Gokei wrote: »

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭IrishStuff09

i-dont-always-have-to-listen-to-people-get-excited-about-the-new-iphone-but-when-i-do-i-usually-have-to-resist-the-urge-to-slap-them-thumb.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Anchorman_well_that_escalated_quickly_966.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

I wish they'd bring Play Devices here too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Gokei

Phew, had to get that out of my system. Better now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Soo...anybody wanna buy 2 and I can meet with/send cash their way?

Srs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

i-dont-always-have-to-listen-to-people-get-excited-about-the-new-iphone-but-when-i-do-i-usually-have-to-resist-the-urge-to-slap-them-thumb.jpg

How is it any different to people fanboying all over the N5? Jesus, they're just slick phones at the end of the day...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

A Neurotic wrote: »
    How is it any different to people fanboying all over the N5? Jesus, they're just slick phones at the end of the day...

Think he was just saying that if anyone decides to get an iPhone over a nexus deserves to be slapped. Given that it's less powerful, smaller screen with less resolution while also being twice as expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

kaimera wrote: »
    Soo...anybody wanna buy 2 and I can meet with/send cash their way?

Srs.

Join the buddy program over on XDA ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭IrishStuff09

Well this is nice :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

projectgtr wrote: »
    Join the buddy program over on XDA ;)

Just looking there, thread closed? Or was I looking at the wrong thread?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭gzoladz

What about flubit? Is that still working?

Advertisement