Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nexus 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭IrishStuff09

gzoladz wrote: »
    What about flubit? Is that still working?

Well it still works, but only with Amazon.co.uk links.
    http://blog.flubit.com/demand-changes/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

god's toy wrote: »
    Just looking there, thread closed? Or was I looking at the wrong thread?

its in the "Nexus 5 General" section first page. Theres also a cool thread on how to use google alerts to help alert you when phone is confirmed

• Registered Users Posts: 6,274 ✭✭✭emo72

anything happening tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

Somewhere in Canada right now

Nexus-5-stockpile-LG-Canada.jpg-640x419.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Dem Canadians don't mess around. Maybe they'll just start selling it before any Google announcement, looks like they are getting a bit impatient (along with the rest of us).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

r/Android has pretty much continuous updates/rumours etc each day but no mention (so far) of anything happening today. At this point I really have no clue what Googles strategy here is. The hype is staggering in comparison to Nexus 4 but the total lack of information regarding a launch event is baffling and a lot of potential customers are getting annoyed, mostly because they don't know the release date. If Google came out and said its not out until end of next month it would be bettr IMO than this situation where people are checking everyday to see if its out. Almost every detail has leaked regarding this phone except price and release date too. Baffling :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Why exactly does CPW have it on their as-400? The nexus 4 was not sold through a network operator?

Is this a change in direction with the nexus 5?

I'd hate to have to go back to contracts to get this cheap. I went to 3pay this year after being in various contracts for the last 13 years, and swore I'd never go back :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

They might as well wait until Nov 5th (N5) to release it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Why exactly does CPW have it on their as-400? The nexus 4 was not sold through a network operator?

Is this a change in direction with the nexus 5?

I'd hate to have to go back to contracts to get this cheap. I went to 3pay this year after being in various contracts for the last 13 years, and swore I'd never go back :D

The N4 was sold sim free by lots of places. Only Google offered the subsidised price though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

The N4 was sold sim free by lots of places. Only Google offered the subsidised price though

You are right of course.

For some reason, I thought it was CPW Irelands stock checker. I know they rarely do sim free phones, so I thought it was for contracts.

Then I remembered that CPW UK had the nexus 4 sim free last year. I was going to take the trip up to get one, but couldn't justify the cost :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

nexus-5-leak.png

Just think of it as an adventure :D

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Enough with the bloody leaks! I'm eagerly waiting for the next phase which will be the gnashing of teeth after the initial stock levels prove to be woefully inadequate once again. Hopefully creating more stock is one of the reasons for the delay in announcing anything, but I remain sceptical.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

advertsfox wrote: »
    nexus-5-leak.png

If that's the phone, why does it look completely different to all the leaks?
    Unless it's a case for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Sonics2k wrote: »

It looks exactly like the leaks I've seen, larger screen and camera top left.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

At first glance I thought it was the back sue to the Nexus text, but quickly realised it is the front on the phone. Perhaps you did the same and that's where the confusion comes from? It is exactly the same as all the previous leaks imo.

5starpool wrote: »
    At first glance I thought it was the back sue to the Nexus text, but quickly realised it is the front on the phone. Perhaps you did the same and that's where the confusion comes from? It is exactly the same as all the previous leaks imo.

Ah that was it. As normal I assumed it was the back of the phone.

This counts as proof that iPhone screens are too bloody small, so I'm going back to using my HTC One.

That leak has come from a Carphone Warehouse employee according to Reddit. *eyes everyone suspiciously*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭user1842

That leak has come from a Carphone Warehouse employee according to Reddit. *eyes everyone suspiciously*

The distance from the bottom of the screen to the base of the phone looks a lot larger than in the renders. Looks too big imo.

user1842 wrote: »
    The distance from the bottom of the screen to the base of the phone looks a lot larger than in the renders. Looks too big imo.

The original image seems OK to me, certainly the fact the box is identical to the previous leaks seems to suggest its legit. As does the fact the guy has now deleted the post and asked mods to delete his account.

This is the original image reposted to Imgur, all from r/android on Reddit: http://i.imgur.com/1H1vJVZ.png

• Advertisement

Right.

I spoke to a friend, and it does seem that the Nexus 5 will be available here in Ireland. Whether it's SIM free or not I couldn't get a certainty on, but it should be going on sale here around the 1st or 2nd of November.

Todays Kit Kat teaser pic has a birthday of Nov 3rd on it

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Todays Kit Kat teaser pic has a birthday of Nov 3rd on it

Link?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Right.

I spoke to a friend, and it does seem that the Nexus 5 will be available here in Ireland. Whether it's SIM free or not I couldn't get a certainty on, but it should be going on sale here around the 1st or 2nd of November.

Any idea who will be selling? where doe your friend work to know such info?

:pac:

Right.

Going by a conversation a mate of mine just had with someone in google ireland unfortunately it wont be the playstore offering it, and not for the foreseeable future, damn i want devices in OUR play store!! :mad:

ah well , just hope my f5 key lasts the next few days :D thank god for google alerts though for when im on the move

Link?
    Wait thats sep 3rd. My bad :o

Im seeing sh!t O_o

projectgtr wrote: »
    Going by a conversation a mate of mine just had with someone in google ireland unfortunately it wont be the playstore offering it, and not for the foreseeable future, damn i want devices in OUR play store!! :mad:

ah well , just hope my f5 key lasts the next few days :D thank god for google alerts though for when im on the move

I heard different. If I'm wrong then I'll accept it, but this is the same source I had on the Motorola X release and he was correct then.

The only thing I'm not certain on is whether it'll come from Play or a store.

I heard different. If I'm wrong then I'll accept it, but this is the same source I had on the Motorola X release and he was correct then.

The only thing I'm not certain on is whether it'll come from Play or a store.

I pray to the Zombie Jesus that im wrong ;)

Anyways heres a quick video to help the hype-copter stay up

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Think we all do...

• Advertisement

Believe me, so do I!

Advertisement