Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nexus 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,605 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Sold out in the US apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

I'm afraid to put it through again. Got this when ordering the 32gb white N5

"Order not completed
    It is taking a little longer than normal to process your order. We will let you know via email when your order is complete. This can take up to 15 minutes"

Anyone else get this?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭DECEiFER

Balls..... 16gb version out of stock un the US

Still €260 is pretty good.
    Apparently if you keep refreshing you could be in luck due to it being "glitchy" as opposed to them adding more stock.

Remember though that it's about €260 before tax and shipping.

Check out this 32GB purchase receipt that I saw posted on MKBHD's Facebook:
    https://scontent-a-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/1385252_10151958047735081_399993218_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭seanaor

god's toy wrote: »
    Used PM as the billing and delivery , just me?

Nah, me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

What did i miss , phone died again

Only joking got TWO 32GB!!!! YAY!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

projectgtr wrote: »
    What did i miss , phone died again

Only joking got TWO 32GB!!!! YAY!

Ordered? confirmed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

DECEiFER wrote: »
    Apparently if you keep refreshing you could be in luck due to it being "glitchy" as opposed to them adding more stock.

Remember though that it's about €260 before tax and shipping.

Check out this 32GB purchase receipt that I saw posted on MKBHD's Facebook:
    https://scontent-a-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/1385252_10151958047735081_399993218_n.jpg

I'll keep trying.

I'll be collecting it when Im there for thanksgiving.

Tax should be 6% for the great state of Wisconsin.

I'll keep trying.

I'll be collecting it when Im there for thanksgiving.

Tax should be 6% for the great state of Wisconsin.
    It will add enough to bring the total to ~€285, which still isn't bad.

Just be aware that if it breaks down when you're back, you won't have any recourse. Google will refuse as has happened to at least one other person posting here to accept a return from Ireland. They will not refer it to the UK. You need to get it to them in the US and have your replacement sent there, also. I suppose if you know someone over there then you can have them handle it so that's okay, but just be aware that Google won't go out of their way for you.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Come on, order, please be good! A kind soul (well, sometimes) I know saw my post on here giving out and kindly ordered 2 32gb ones for me and the missus. Hopefully it'll come through ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Got an order date of the 8th from google uk btw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

think they will be available tomo on uk play store ..a 16gb ? broke till then ..fml :(

Stuxnet wrote: »
    think they will be available tomo on uk play store ..a 16gb ? broke till then ..fml :(
    Honestly, it's possible, but I wouldn't hold my breath. I'd try and score a loan of a debit card on the condition of paying the owner back tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

I'd try and score a loan of a debit card on the condition of paying the owner back tomorrow.
    Ya im only down 100 !! waiting for a paypal payment from a sale on adverts to be transferred ! just my luck !
    I could take the missus card, but how would that work with google wallet etc !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭positron

Has anyone tried ordering 16 GB version from Carphonewarehouse UK to collect from Newry branch using Irish card and billing address? CPW UK only does 16 GB version, their site shows £295.

Stuxnet wrote: »
    Ya im only down 100 !! waiting for a paypal payment from a sale on adverts to be transferred ! just my luck !
    I could take the missus card, but how would that work with google wallet etc !
    Just like PayPal you'd add it to your Google Wallet. A debit card is best. It's up to you if you want to add it with your real billing address (the country field must be set to United Kingdom, regardless, and put in whatever postcode) or with the Parcel Motel NI address. I'd go for the latter but to be honest, it's hit and miss either way with Google. So go for whatever you prefer but don't take too long to mull it over in case they go even quicker than expected!

positron wrote: »
    Has anyone tried ordering 16 GB version from Carphonewarehouse UK to collect from Newry branch using Irish card and billing address? CPW UK only does 16 GB version, their site shows £295.
    Can't you just use Parcel Motel or use the billing address but just change the country to the United Kingdom with whatever postcode?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,605 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Strange that these Nexus phones leave Barrow Street on Dublin, but yet won't let Irish customers buy one.

Strange that these Nexus phones leave Barrow Street on Dublin, but yet won't let Irish customers buy one.
    They don't. They ship from the UK (Birmingham, I believe). The orders are processed in Dublin, that's all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

Successfully ordered a 16gb about 30min ago and it looks like most orders are going through via a proxy from Ireland.

Our order cancellation emails should start arriving tomorrow :-)

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

That is a financial billing address. I think the actual warehouse with the phones is in Birmingham.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

polaris68 wrote: »
    Successfully ordered a 16gb about 30min ago and it looks like most orders are going through via a proxy from Ireland.

Our order cancellation emails should start arriving tomorrow :-)

Hopefully not, this year :D

Ah they might not cancel your order for 7 days! It's not like clockwork or anything. You could honestly be waiting a week or more before they cancel, either before or after your estimated shipping date.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭positron

Can't you just use Parcel Motel or use the billing address but just change the country to the United Kingdom with whatever postcode?

Carphonewarehouse UK deal is only on phone, not on their site. Reports on HUKD etc are that of 30-45 mins queue on CPW phonelines. I didn't want to ring, wait all that while and then risk being told can't order with Irish credit/debit card etc - hence the question. Yeah, if they would take Irish card, I can't see why they wouldn't send it to PM Newry address.. but would they take Irish cards - that's what I want to know..!

PS: I've already ordered on Play store, just working on my Plan B. :D

positron wrote: »
    Carphonewarehouse UK deal is only on phone, not on their site. Reports on HUKD etc are that of 30-45 mins queue on CPW phonelines. I didn't want to ring, wait all that while and then risk being told can't order with Irish credit/debit card etc - hence the question. Yeah, if they would take Irish card, I can't see why they wouldn't send it to PM Newry address.. but would they take Irish cards - that's what I want to know..!

PS: I've already ordered on Play store, just working on my Plan B. :D
    I don't know if a debit card would matter but a credit card might. Then again, I can't be sure so you can try holding off until someone else chimes in (but that could take a while) or risk the phone call now so that they're not all gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

If anyone manages to get a second one pm me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Nice one, money just got taken from my bank account for the €407 for the 32gb White one :)
    Still no email though but my play account says will dispatch from warehouse on 5th November :D

Used Tunnel Bear, BOI Debit card on google wallet with my Parcel Motel address :)

lafors wrote: »
    Nice one, money just got taken from my bank account for the €407 for the 32gb White one :)
    Still no email though but my play account says will dispatch from warehouse on 5th November :D

Used Tunnel Bear, BOI Debit card on google wallet with my Parcel Motel address :)
    Are you sure the money is gone? What normally happens is they take it when it ships but prior to that they put a hold/authorization for the funds (so they're not available to you but not gone either - sort of in limbo). Check your current balance and the funds available to see if they match, unless it's on your online statement as going out, which would be a bit strange at this stage of the ordering process.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

I can't see the play store even using Tunnel Bear. The hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

what did ye put in for phone number in google store? rejecting mine...

was going to try and do the parcelmotel thing...

• Advertisement

I can't see the play store even using Tunnel Bear. The hell.
    You're in the same boat as me. My account since ordering (unsucessfully) the Nexus 4 from Google changed everything to the United Kingdom, but I changed it back (somehow, it was a bit convoluted) and since then it's locked down to Ireland. Even if I moved to the UK tomorrow, I still wouldn't have access. This presents a problem because your only option is to sign out and open a new Google Account, which would see Tunnel Bear work for you, but Google often check new accounts when they order - they're treated with more suspicion, especially if they can link it with your existing account by using the same debit card, or something.
    what did ye put in for phone number in google store? rejecting mine...

was going to try and do the parcelmotel thing...
    Put in PM's phone number up in NI.

Advertisement