Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nexus 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,605 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

The status of my order says "Leaves warehouse by November 5, 2013"

Can it still be cancelled at this point, even though my card has been billed?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

Ill have to chance my arm tomorrow, or pay an inflated price off ebay next week !

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭seanaor

Checked my order on the play store, now says pending. Starting to worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭DECEiFER

Check out my reply to lafors on the last page in relation to the funds being taken.
    DECEiFER wrote: »
    Are you sure the money is gone? What normally happens is they take it when it ships but prior to that they put a hold/authorization for the funds (so they're not available to you but not gone either - sort of in limbo). Check your current balance and the funds available to see if they match, unless it's on your online statement as going out, which would be a bit strange at this stage of the ordering process.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

Are you sure the money has been withdrawn? they normally just put a hold on the funds and it appears as a pending transaction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Nexarz

Ordered mine at 7.30 still pending.. think it means no?

Nexarz wrote: »
    It's still a maybe. I wouldn't wear out the F5 key or mouse button at this stage as it could stay that way for days before either going through for shipment or being canceled. It's just too early to tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

god's toy wrote: »
    Ordered? confirmed?

Sure are, this was easy, no to convince my missus to get one over a HTC ONE

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

You're in the same boat as me. My account since ordering (unsucessfully) the Nexus 4 from Google changed everything to the United Kingdom, but I changed it back (somehow, it was a bit convoluted) and since then it's locked down to Ireland. Even if I moved to the UK tomorrow, I still wouldn't have access. This presents a problem because your only option is to sign out and open a new Google Account, which would see Tunnel Bear work for you, but Google often check new accounts when they order - they're treated with more suspicion, especially if they can link it with your existing account by using the same debit card, or something.

Well that is horrendously annoying. Looks like I'll have to ask my sister in London to get one for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Anyone who was charged, it's just an authorisation attempt. You should see it back in your account after about 48 hours.

You don't get properly charged until it ships.
    Went through this all before with the Nexus4 :)

Even if we got cancellation emails in the next few mins (and let's pray we dont), the money would not show back in our accounts for a few days!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭thehairyone

My google account is saying 'pending'.

Checked my bank account and the the transaction is listed as 'Payment pending'.

Still hoping.

Well that is horrendously annoying. Looks like I'll have to ask my sister in London to get one for me.
    It is annoying. I have no clue how to lift that restriction from my account. Would it happen automatically if I exclusively logged in using a UK IP for x amount of days or do I need to contact Google (like they'd bother to help...) or what? I haven't looked into it because so far I haven't needed it. I'm skipping on the Nexus 5, I'm still happy with my Nexus 4, so I just haven't had any incentive to look into it, but I can tell you that it has been like this since March or April and I know I'm not the only one (per the Nexus 4 Ordering Process thread, there were others who did the same as me...or I as them). Did you at any stage try to order a Nexus device from Google in the past, causing your account to switch over to the UK and then subsequently switching it back to Ireland (for euro prices on apps and music and so I wouldn't have to pay an exchange rate fee for them, which was my motivation)?

Nexarz wrote: »
    Anyone who didn't order in the initial wave appears to either have a status of pending or pre-order by the sounds of it. Perhaps the initial batch of stock has sold out?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

Put in PM's phone number up in NI.

Thanks dude

for anyone else winging it...here is the phone number for parcel motel (well so the biker forum says) +44 (0) 28 9084 8411

just ordered...not a freaking snowball chance in hell i know...

why the frack dont they allow the uk ship here? (i know this has been raised about a million times here) i get it that we are a small market, but allow us the freaking order google...what, our german borrowed money is not good enuf?? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Ordered twenty minutes ago, had a call from my credit card company already asking me if it was legit. He said they're up the walls as a result:pac:

Put in my old UK mobile number...presume that won't cause issues? Don't even know where the sim is...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Are you sure the money is gone? What normally happens is they take it when it ships but prior to that they put a hold/authorization for the funds (so they're not available to you but not gone either - sort of in limbo). Check your current balance and the funds available to see if they match, unless it's on your online statement as going out, which would be a bit strange at this stage of the ordering process.

Nah it's definitely gone. Withdrawal and current balance match not like the mess that happened with my nexus 4 order. Checked online there too and that has the withdrawal and the new balance correct! Nice one. Think I deserve it though after the nonsense I had with the nexus 4 and nexus 10 :)

lafors wrote: »
    Nah it's definitely gone. Withdrawal and current balance match not like the mess that happened with my nexus 4 order. Checked online there too and that has the withdrawal and the new balance correct! Nice one. Think I deserve it though after the nonsense I had with the nexus 4 and nexus 10 :)
    Jaysus. Not bad. Though check if there's a line on your online statement to confirm that the payment is gone out to them. If nothing shows up yet, keep checking, but without that showing up on your statement, I wouldn't be 100% sure that it's gone.

Best of luck, though. Hopefully everyone, if not a majority, gets them, but we all know what a mess Google are so there's going to be a mix of hits and misses. Yours is looking good, though, but always remain a bit skeptical, just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

It is annoying. I have no clue how to lift that restriction from my account. Would it happen automatically if I exclusively logged in using a UK IP for x amount of days or do I need to contact Google (like they'd bother to help...) or what? I haven't looked into it because so far I haven't needed it. I'm skipping on the Nexus 5, I'm still happy with my Nexus 4, so I just haven't had any incentive to look into it, but I can tell you that it has been like this since March or April and I know I'm not the only one (per the Nexus 4 Ordering Process thread, there were others who did the same as me...or I as them). Did you at any stage try to order a Nexus device from Google in the past, causing your account to switch over to the UK and then subsequently switching it back to Ireland (for euro prices on apps and music and so I wouldn't have to pay an exchange rate fee for them, which was my motivation)?

I have no idea. I've never tried to access the Devices page using a proxy before. I'd say they probably have us sussed now lad, don't think there's any going back :P

I have no idea. I've never tried to access the Devices page using a proxy before. I'd say they probably have us sussed now lad, don't think there's any going back :P
    Have you tried using a VPN/Proxy to get on the UK site when signed out or signed into another account? That's likely to be the proof that they've got your account in particular locked down and are listening into your calls, reading your messages, and monetizing the shít outta them. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Jaysus. Not bad. Though check if there's a line on your online statement to confirm that the payment is gone out to them. If nothing shows up yet, keep checking, but without that showing up on your statement, I wouldn't be 100% sure that it's gone.

Best of luck, though. Hopefully everyone, if not a majority, gets them, but we all know what a mess Google are so there's going to be a mix of hits and misses. Yours is looking good, though, but always remain a bit skeptical, just in case.

Ah now we're back to the oul Google we know who couldn't launch a boat without it sinking. I got an email saying it's confirmed but that no money will be taken until it has shipped which is estimated as 5th November. So my bank are chancing their arm again I'd say. Bet it's a placeholder like you say but they've gone and taken it off my balance to stop me using it. Think I remember this from the last nexus ordeal ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

Well I ordered and got a confirmation number due to ship 11th. Didn't get the confirmation email yet. Not fully sure if it will work and go through. Used TunnelBeat like suggested above. Fingers crossed.

lafors wrote: »
    Ah now we're back to the oul Google we know who couldn't launch a boat without it sinking. I got an email saying it's confirmed but that no money will be taken until it has shipped which is estimated as 5th November. So my bank are chancing their arm again I'd say. Bet it's a placeholder like you say but they've gone and taken it off my balance to stop me using it. Think I remember this from the last nexus ordeal ;)
    Yeah that's what they do. The same happens when a DD is due to come out. Maybe a few days in advance, the money stops being available to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Hannibal6.0

Ordered there via tunnel bear and parcel motel. Everything confirmed by Google so its the waiting game now..

I got a tech error the first time, but I put it through again and it all worked fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

Ordered via HideMyAss, PM and Tesco Bank Credit Card.

Order 1 "rejected".
    Order 2 "rejected".
    Rang Tesco Bank, they had blocked the payments as they were "unusual". After 2 people asking me different sets of security questions, Tesco Bank "unblocked Google Commerce payments".
    Order 3 went through or so it seems. "Pending" in Google Wallet and "leaves warehouse on 5 November" on Google Play.

Dudda wrote: »
    Well I ordered and got a confirmation number due to ship 11th. Didn't get the confirmation email yet. Not fully sure if it will work and go through. Used TunnelBeat like suggested above. Fingers crossed.
    Did you order just now? It looks like the people who ordered in the first 30mins or so are getting their phones on the 5th, the next get theirs on the 8th, and people ordering now get them on the 11th.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭gzoladz

Ordered mine with tunnel bear and pm plus debit card. Exactly the same method that worked succesfully for my N10.

Order status, pending.

Forgot, transaction pending on my bank account.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

whats everyones delivery dates like? Im looking at the 5th

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Ordered a white and a black one together. White is down as leaving by the 8th, black is pre order...weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭hooplah

What is the Northern number for Parcel Motel, I can't find it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

zuutroy wrote: »
    Ordered a white and a black one together. White is down as leaving by the 8th, black is pre order...weird.

I got my 32gb white as leaving by the 5th. It said when I started the order it would leave in 1-2 days.

Advertisement