Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nexus 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭DECEiFER

hooplah wrote: »
    What is the Northern number for Parcel Motel, I can't find it.
    Thanks dude

for anyone else winging it...here is the phone number for parcel motel (well so the biker forum says) +44 (0) 28 9084 8411

just ordered...not a freaking snowball chance in hell i know...

why the frack dont they allow the uk ship here? (i know this has been raised about a million times here) i get it that we are a small market, but allow us the freaking order google...what, our german borrowed money is not good enuf?? ;)

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

Did you order just now? It looks like the people who ordered in the first 30mins or so are getting their phones on the 5th, the next get theirs on the 8th, and people ordering now get them on the 11th.

Lol my bad. American system putting the month before the date and me not paying attention more worried about the processing than shipping date. Leaves on the 8th of November. 32gb black

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Order it at about 18:45 through the UK VPN at work and with a brand new account made in through the VPN. It was still pending at about 19:45 and there is no transaction pending on my credit card. I've got a feeling I won't get it but damn it, I sure as hell hope I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

and i got a confirmation email...which as we know means...

well absolutely nothing...LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Order it at about 18:45 through the UK VPN at work and with a brand new account made in through the VPN. It was still pending at about 19:45 and there is no transaction pending on my credit card. I've got a feeling I won't get it but damn it, I sure as hell hope I do.

Ring your card company to confirm. They'll tell you over the phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

Can I check something with the N4 veterans? Does the status of the order in the Google wallet change from pending to confirmed at some stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Anybody want to run through the order process for me? From what I can tell its:

TunnelBear, UK - grand
    Google Wallet -this is the tricky bit for me, what exactly needs to be done? I've tried adding another address (Parcel Motel) to it, but it just goes back to saying its not available in my country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

Anyone any ideas for me?

- Connecting through a US vpn
    - my google wallet a/c has my US address & US visa debit card.

However when I sign in, I am reverted to Play Ireland & cannot proceed.

Any suggestions??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭BetterCallSaul

16GB Black Order Confirmed :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Anybody want to run through the order process for me? From what I can tell its:

TunnelBear, UK - grand
    Google Wallet -this is the tricky bit for me, what exactly needs to be done? I've tried adding another address (Parcel Motel) to it, but it just goes back to saying its not available in my country.

I think you & I are in the same boat.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Ring your card company to confirm. They'll tell you over the phone.

Rang the card company and Google have made a €1 charge on the card so it looks like everything is working fine. Hopefully, my Irish card doesn't cause it to get cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

for spank and skyline...

are you using the irish store link with a uk vpn connection perhaps? search for the google uk store. it should hardcode the uk as the country -- did that for me

i put in the parcel motel address for delivery then my irish address with the uk post code (fuk knows what will happen there).

its pending at the moment.

good luck..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

Folks, I'm heading stateside in a few weeks.
    Have 2 questions.

1 - US LTE bands are no use here I take it. Tech specs on site list the LTE bands for North American Version which don't seem to be compatible with EU LTE > Rest of the world LTE bands seem to fit. (LTE in ireland is bands 3 (1800Mhz), 8 (900Mhz) & 20 (800Mhz). My quesstion, does the Nexus 5 support all LTE bands by default or is there a separate version for US and one for "rest of world"?

2 - Does anyone know yet if it has USB OTG support? THat was a major disappointment for me when I got the N4.

Cheers!
    Q.

quintron wrote: »
    Folks, I'm heading stateside in a few weeks.
    Have 2 questions.

1 - US LTE bands are no use here I take it. Tech specs on site list the LTE bands for North American Version which don't seem to be compatible with EU LTE > Rest of the world LTE bands seem to fit. (LTE in ireland is bands 3 (1800Mhz), 8 (900Mhz) & 20 (800Mhz). My quesstion, does the Nexus 5 support all LTE bands by default or is there a separate version for US and one for "rest of world"?

2 - Does anyone know yet if it has USB OTG support? THat was a major disappointment for me when I got the N4.

Cheers!
    Q.

There are two versions, US and Rest of World. They both support different bands. The ROW one will support bands 3,8 and 20 (plus a few more) the US one won't.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7471/google-announces-the-nexus-5

I've seen nothing official about USB OTG but rumours at the beginning of the month said it would have it and those rumours were correct about pretty much everything else so it probably does.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭theroomisonfire

How long is it generally between the time an order is placed and when email confirmation is received?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Took about ten minutes for me. Still showing as pending on the playstore.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,274 ✭✭✭emo72

the verge gave it a pretty average review.they were going on about lag on nexus devices. i never found a trace of lag on my n4.

Did anyone else order the white one just because they thought it might ship sooner? I'm wondering if I should have just ordered the black one

for spank and skyline...

are you using the irish store link with a uk vpn connection perhaps? search for the google uk store. it should hardcode the uk as the country -- did that for me

i put in the parcel motel address for delivery then my irish address with the uk post code (fuk knows what will happen there).

its pending at the moment

good luck..

Using the below.... Which does not appear country specific...?

https://play.google.com/store?hl=en

Also... All the devices show as they should (unlike when we log in).

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Nexarz

Called my bank and they said Google tried multiple attempts to charge the card for one euro something and keep reversing it.. bank approves it anyway.. fingers crossed!

• Advertisement

I played an order 30 mins ago and I have just called my credit card company to see if my card has been charged.

They told me that Google charged £1 to the card and the subsequenly refunded the £1.

Has this happened to anyone else and does the fact that the reversed the £1 mean that they will likely cancel my order?

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

polaris68 wrote: »
    Can I check something with the N4 veterans? Does the status of the order in the Google wallet change from pending to confirmed at some stage?

Ah the fond memories of the Nexus 4 debacle of 2012 ;)
    Well you'll be glad to know there were Grades of Nexus Orders back then, think it was 4. I was bad in level 3.
    Pending and no email confirmation but money taken for a day or two (a placeholder).

Well I was playing with my N4 in my hand for over a week by the time my order went from Pending to Shipped.
    I got 2 emails a week later confirming my order and giving me a ship date of a few days later....wohoo I thought, a free N4, but alas no, it never arrived.
    Well it didnt but I got another 2 more emails saying it was on its way and then they stopped.

So the lesson is Google don't learn their mistakes.

....you'll be grand if you're pending

I played an order 30 mins ago and I have just called my credit card company to see if my card has been charged.

They told me that Google charged £1 to the card and the subsequenly refunded the £1.

Has this happened to anyone else and does the fact that the reversed the £1 mean that they will likely cancel my order?

Thanks in advance

My bank said there is a €1 (probably £1 but whatever) charge on my card from Google. They didn't mention if it had been reversed but I assume he would have mentioned it as I was looking to see if the transaction was blocked. If the £1 charge has been reversed or refunded then I doubt you will get it. I hope I'm wrong.

Has anyone else not received an email about their order from Google? That has me worried. Surely, I should have received an order confirmation email by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

projectgtr wrote: »
    whats everyones delivery dates like? Im looking at the 5th

8th for me.

(still pending however) got in from work a little late so was excepting everyone here to get there before me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭positron

Mine with date of 5th Nov is still pending. I doubt it's going to work as some folks over at HUKD are saying their status has changed to 'preparing for delivery' and how they can't cancel it now as they want to go with CPW. Oh well, Google phones sucks anyway... :/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Cool I see some people in the US who have it as shipping on the 5th have just received shipping confirmation :)

http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/10/31/googles-on-top-of-its-game-this-time-first-nexus-5-orders-already-shipping/

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Nexarz

Thanks in advance

Yup same story with me. Bank assured me they were letting the transaction through. All in Google's hand now! Take my money dammit!

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭NTC

My order is at "pre order", not sure it that is a good or bad sign.

Hopefully, a good sign.

• Advertisement

when did you originally place your order?

Advertisement