Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nexus 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

Never tried this before so I was a bit all over the place.

1. Downloaded and installed Tunnel Bear, connected to UK VPN.
    2. Used link to access UK Play Store.
    3. Added Nexus 5 to shopping cart.
    4. Would not allow me select my existing Irish shipping address, so added PM address/phone.
    5. Would not allow me use my already registered AIB credit card, so tried AIB visa debit card with Irish address, did not seem to work, tried with PM address, did not seem to work and I got a pop-up technical issue message.
    6. Tried to pay again and both previous cards would not allow me use, so added AIB visa debit card number 2, tried PM address did not work, tried my own address with UK country and PM address post code and it asked me to accept and order went through. :)
    7. Received email which states "Dispatches by 5 November 2013."
    8. Checked my AIB accounts and can see 2 x €1 "hold" payments against the first debit card, and 1 x €1 & 1 x €361.22 against the 2nd card.

Here where I am at...fingers crossed.

278371.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭positron

Right, rang my credit card guys and they says they have authorised the payment request from Google for the full amount (418 or something, thought it would be 410, anyway). Google Wallet still shows pending. Damn it, why do I keep falling for this over and again.

Like Nexarz said, it's all with Google now. Calling it a night, best of luck everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭NTC

when did you originally place your order?

About 2 hours ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,605 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

lafors wrote: »
    Cool I see some people in the US who have it as shipping on the 5th have just received shipping confirmation :)

http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/10/31/googles-on-top-of-its-game-this-time-first-nexus-5-orders-already-shipping/
    If these phones are being shipped from England, then hopefully we'll see some action tomorrow morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,274 ✭✭✭emo72

mine was pending, but now says leaving warehouse by 5th november

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭marketty

handtec have it listed but not in stock, I know it will probably be a while until they have any since it is selling out from the play store anyway, but when they get it in will us unworthy irish plebs be able to buy from them without all this hassle?

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭pedatron

What google account are people using here? I can't sign in using my Irish one no? I'm aware of all the proxy and PM stuff ! Tried setting up a UK gmail but it's asking for a UK number to verify the AC which I do not have! Have read the last 10 pages and couldn't find this mentioned already. Sorry if this has been answered already but I can't see it!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,605 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

marketty wrote: »
    handtec have it listed but not in stock, I know it will probably be a while until they have any since it is selling out from the play store anyway, but when they get it in will us unworthy irish plebs be able to buy from them without all this hassle?
    Handtec have lots of old crap listed as out of stock - it will be a long, long time before they see any units.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

marketty wrote: »

why not just just ring and reserve with CarPhoneWharehouse, they have a store in Newry

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Quilly

Got 2 ordered and shipped through Parcel Motel - shipped by 8th of November. Anyone know if they will start shipping earlier ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

pedatron wrote: »
    What google account are people using here? I can't sign in using my Irish one no? I'm aware of all the proxy and PM stuff ! Tried setting up a UK gmail but it's asking for a UK number to verify the AC which I do not have! Have read the last 10 pages and couldn't find this mentioned already. Sorry if this has been answered already but I can't see it!

I created a new UK Google account without a phone number. I put in an alternative email address though. Also, if a few Google accounts have been created from the same IP address within a certain time frame, any more have to be phone verified. It's a pain in the balls for setting up tablets/gmail accounts for other people/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

pedatron wrote: »

See my post a few posts back. I used my existing Google account just added a new shipping and billing address with a different card.

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but for all those who missed out, give CPW a ring (up north obviously) they have 16Gb in Black for £4 cheaper than the Play store. Not sure if they will ship but if your like me and Newry is only up the road, it will be worth a trip and plus you will have it in hand tomorrow ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

projectgtr wrote: »
    Not sure if this has been mentioned, but for all those who missed out, give CPW a ring (up north obviously) they have 16Gb in Black for £4 cheaper than the Play store. Not sure if they will ship but if your like me and Newry is only up the road, it will be worth a trip and plus you will have it in hand tomorrow ;)

I imagine that CPW will be out of stock on these at every location in NI by 10am tomorrow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

projectgtr wrote: »

You're not sure if it's been mentioned? You mentioned it four posts up, and several times before that.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭theroomisonfire

SPIGEN SGP Nexus 5 Case Neo Hybrid | SPIGEN SGP - http://www.spigen.com/brands/google/nexus-5/nexus-5-case-neo-hybrid.html

I just ordered that case. Will likely arrive before the phone!

EGriff wrote: »
    You're not sure if it's been mentioned? You mentioned it four posts up, and several times before that.

SPIGEN SGP Nexus 5 Case Neo Hybrid | SPIGEN SGP - http://www.spigen.com/brands/google/nexus-5/nexus-5-case-neo-hybrid.html

that case is super nice. i will get it from amazon uk. gold or silver is nice not so much the slate.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭NeirBot

I was going to order a case but don't want to tempt fate by buying a case before I know i'll get the phone!!

...but you'll probably be fine!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

eddiem74 wrote: »
    See my post a few posts back. I used my existing Google account just added a new shipping and billing address with a different card.

Thats what I did.... However it reverts me to a "sorry we do not sell..." message when I sign in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

polaris68 wrote: »
    Can I check something with the N4 veterans? Does the status of the order in the Google wallet change from pending to confirmed at some stage?

Earlier it was showing as pending in both my Google wallet and UK Play account. Still pending in the wallet but the status has changed to "shipped by November 8th" in the Play account so that's progress of sorts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭positron

In play store, even if it says 'ships by fifth' etc, if you go into the item itself it still shows status as pending.

positron wrote: »
    In play store, even if it says 'ships by fifth' etc, if you go into the item itself it still shows status as pending.

YEA. thats the truth. made the same mistake earlier myself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Technophobe

positron wrote: »
    Ordered without tunnel bear - the order went thru - price was in GBP and all. Connecting from Drogheda using Sky broadband, if that matters. Strange huh?

Ordered thru ParcelMotel, but makes me wonder, may be they deliver to Ireland officially? Can someone give it a go and report back please? Thanks!

Same here.. Despatch on 8th it says..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

Finally got there in the end.
    Had to create a new gmail account connected via the USA

that seemed to do the trick.

So a 16gb should be waiting for me when I get back home for thanksgiving

€280 incl taxes & delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Barti

Is the Flubit method that could be used for the Nexus 4 be used for this Nexus 5 again? Or did Flubit limit purchases to only Amazon.co.uk?

And if Flubit can't be used, what's the best method for getting the Nexus this time around? Just looking for the best deal really.

Edit: I only ask because I see the Nexus 5 for £299/£339 on the UK store and for $349/$399 on the US store, so the US version works out cheaper initially. Just not sure on the cost of shipping or if it can even be done from the US to Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

The US price does not have VAT added so look cheaper.

Flubit only work with Amazon.co.uk now and so far they (amazon.co.uk) dont sell the Nexus 5 so Flubit wont...yet.

CarphoneWarehouse look to be the best deal out there but you have to drive up the north to get it, so I suppose adding fuel cost would bring that up.

Ordered mine from the UK play store yesterday and so far I'm seeing no change in it's status soooo.... not really hopeful it will work but you never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭gzoladz

Still pending... And leaving the warehouse by the 5th...

EGriff wrote: »

I didnt give much info the first time, only realized it was cheaper than the playstore, hence me posting again, with a bit more info :P

My order is stillmarked pending. Where do you find out the date of when it will leave the warehouse?

• Advertisement

THe staus of my order is also marked pre prdered on the main order summary page

Advertisement