Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nexus 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

So will we be able to root this baby eventually?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

BopNiblets wrote: »
    So will we be able to root this baby eventually?
    Nexus device so just gonna be fastboot oem unlock

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

emo72 wrote: »
    Mine has despatched. Hallelujah. First?

What time did you get your order in at?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

Loads of websites and blogs are doing comparisons between the new Nexus 5 and the iPhone 5S but the one that matters is

Boards.ie iPhone 5S thread replies = 714
    Boards.ie Nexus 5 thread replies = 729

My Nexus is still pending. Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,605 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

5starpool wrote: »
    Someone on xda who ordered at 6:04 says theirs has shipped.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,274 ✭✭✭emo72

5starpool wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭robertdempsey

Are you supposed to get a confirmation email when you place the order? All I have is the pending status. Ordered at 6.30

• Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

My card company said it was the full amount that was being requested. I'm hoping that's a positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭positron

I ordered at 6:32 last night and I got an email from Google Play straight away saying "Thank you. You've made a purchase on Google Play. You will not be charged until your order has been shipped. Order number: xxxx blah etc".

Still pending though.

Not looking good for me so.

Anyone else NOT get an email confirmation? My bank also knows nothing about the order.. Still pending from 6.30

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭brk3

Is anyone using the flubit method? Sounds like more hassle than ordering through a proxy, but my account seems region locked so a proxy no longer works.

brk3 wrote: »
    Is anyone using the flubit method? Sounds like more hassle than ordering through a proxy, but my account seems region locked so a proxy no longer works.

Flubit does not work with Google play store anymore

Folks are walking in to CPW stores in mainland UK and picking up just like that (although getting sold out too). I wonder if any of the shops in North have any stock? Anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭brk3

Flubit does not work with Google play store anymore

Source?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,931 ✭✭✭✭listermint

positron wrote: »
    Folks are walking in to CPW stores in mainland UK and picking up just like that (although getting sold out too). I wonder if any of the shops in North have any stock? Anyone know?

I really dont understand though why Irish stores dont have it? what is the legitimate reason, if there is any

Source?

As far as I remember someone in here posted a link to their website which explains the reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭NeirBot

Mine has despatched. Hallelujah. First?

What sort of confirmation did you get of dispatch? Email/wallet??
    Ordered mine at 6:08 too... nothing yet..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭SK1979

listermint wrote: »
    I really dont understand though why Irish stores dont have it? what is the legitimate reason, if there is any

AFAIK (correct me if I'm wrong), Google sell the phone at cost price / cheap cos they plan to make more money off you from content that you'll buy in the Play Store. As the Irish Play Store doesn't have all content to sell, Google wont sell the phone here.

Think thats pretty much the reason?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭bren2001

Source?

Flubit only work with amazon.co.uk, go to the flubit thread on boards or just go to the flubit website. It changed how it operated a month ago (or so). Its common knowledge on boards now.

positron wrote: »
    I ordered at 6:32 last night and I got an email from Google Play straight away saying "Thank you. You've made a purchase on Google Play. You will not be charged until your order has been shipped. Order number: xxxx blah etc".

Still pending though.

Did you use an Irish credit card?
    Thanks.

• Advertisement

Not looking good for me so.

Anyone else NOT get an email confirmation? My bank also knows nothing about the order.. Still pending from 6.30
    If you didn't get an e-mail confirmation then it doesn't look good :(

• Registered Users Posts: 33,931 ✭✭✭✭listermint

SK1979 wrote: »
    AFAIK (correct me if I'm wrong), Google sell the phone at cost price / cheap cos they plan to make more money off you from content that you'll buy in the Play Store. As the Irish Play Store doesn't have all content to sell, Google wont sell the phone here.

Think thats pretty much the reason?

Seems plausible i suppose.

If you didn't get an e-mail confirmation then it doesn't look good :(

I know. Looks like it's stuck in limbo. Are there still devices left on the play store?

Wonder if it would be wise to cancel and try another card?

Anyone cancel a pending order?

Did you use an Irish credit card?
    Thanks.

Yep, Ulster bank master card - and the credit card team confirmed the full payment was authorized and all is fine as far as they are concerned. I am still not that hopeful to be honest - I've been thru all this last year with N4 and Google cancelled it in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,274 ✭✭✭emo72

NeirBot wrote: »
    What sort of confirmation did you get of dispatch? Email/wallet??
    Ordered mine at 6:08 too... nothing yet..

Just a gmail this morning saying it despatched and gave a parcel force tracking number.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭NeirBot

Just a gmail this morning saying it despatched and gave a parcel force tracking number.

Nice one, fingers crossed it's the first of many boardsie N5's!

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭natnifnolnacs

DECEiFER wrote: »
    Jaysus. Not bad. Though check if there's a line on your online statement to confirm that the payment is gone out to them. If nothing shows up yet, keep checking, but without that showing up on your statement, I wouldn't be 100% sure that it's gone.

Best of luck, though. Hopefully everyone, if not a majority, gets them, but we all know what a mess Google are so there's going to be a mix of hits and misses. Yours is looking good, though, but always remain a bit skeptical, just in case.

I'm open to correction, but apparently if it's a visa debit, to pre authorize a transaction they deduct the money straight away. At least that's what a hotel told me yesterday! I don't think it means it has actually gone through, but those cards aren't supposed to have a credit facility so they put a hold on that amount so that the transaction will go through if it's approved.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Ordered mine at 6:20 so I don't think I've made the first batch :(

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Ordered mine at 6:20 so I don't think I've made the first batch :(
    Same as me :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

Is it being dispatched to Parcel Motel in Northern Ireland?

Advertisement