Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nexus 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

Emmo-m- wrote: »
    Was that for 16gb or 32gb?
    32gb

• Registered Users Posts: 45 houseystuff

32GB White Nexus confirmed as shipped!!

Ordered yesterday about 8.25...Certainly seems in random order.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

I presume I could order from here without a VPN and just use parcel motel and Irish credit or visa debit card?

http://www.carphonewarehouse.com/mobiles/mobile-phones/GOOGLE_NEXUS_5/HANDSET?colourCode=BLACK

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Emazed

Ordered mine and it says pending on the play store (32gb, Black) and didn't receive an e-mail yet , should i worry :P?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 n0rmal

That's what i was thinking of doing. But it seems CPW only ships to mainland UK, so parcel motel seems to be impossible to use :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

n0rmal wrote: »
    That's what i was thinking of doing. But it seems CPW only ships to mainland UK, so parcel motel seems to be impossible to use :(

"We deliver to:

England
    Scotland
    Wales
    Northern Ireland
    The Channel Islands (there's more info below)"

http://selfhelp.carphonewarehouse.com/SelfHelp/request.do?view()=c{a37ba1a0-bc8e-11de-e56d-000000000000

EDIT: Oh never mind I see when going to shipping step it says UK mainland only. Annoying. Does Google not want my money?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

Another 32Gb White shipped!! Ordered yesterday around 10PM

• Registered Users Posts: 11 n0rmal

DrMorphine wrote: »
    "We deliver to:

England
    Scotland
    Wales
    Northern Ireland
    The Channel Islands (there's more info below)"

http://selfhelp.carphonewarehouse.com/SelfHelp/request.do?view()=c{a37ba1a0-bc8e-11de-e56d-000000000000

EDIT: Oh never mind I see when going to shipping step it says UK mainland only. Annoying. Does Google not want my money?

Well i tried entering Parcel Motel address and it let me go through to the payment step. Maybe the shipping is not free to NI?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

He/she means the US version LTE will not work here.

The "Rest of World" Version will work fine.
    DECEiFER wrote: »
    Why wouldn't LTE work here? Some of those bands are in use by Meteor/eMobile already.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭DECEiFER

He/she means the US Nexus 5 LTE will not work.
    Oh, sorry. I just looked at the quote showing the "North America" and "Rest of World" models and assumed he was talking about both. My bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

Small sample group at the moment but it appears they are currently shipping only 32gb phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭robertdempsey

Emazed wrote: »
    Ordered mine and it says pending on the play store (32gb, Black) and didn't receive an e-mail yet , should i worry :P?

When did you other it?

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭mwrf

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭R28

mwrf wrote: »

I don't see a single status there that says "Pre-ordered".

Am I the only one to have this and does it mean Google copped on that I was tricking them via proxy? Anyone else have this pre-ordered status?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

32gb white ordered... order went without a hiccup and 1 euro taken from card, just hope my bank arent trying to ring me to confirm card action as they have my old number ::facepalm !!

what seems to be the turn around time from pending orders to delivery date update ?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

R28 wrote: »
    I don't see a single status there that says "Pre-ordered".

Am I the only one to have this and does it mean Google copped on that I was tricking them via proxy? Anyone else have this pre-ordered status?

I have pre-ordered as well but if I click the info link it says preparing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭gzoladz

Has anybody had his order cancelled at all with the N5?

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭R28

I have pre-ordered as well but if I click the info link it says preparing.

Cool thanks. Reassuring to know I am not the only one.

(I can no longer click on the info link as that play store account has reverted to the Irish one, partially through my own foolishness. If I click it, I am taken to the dread "This device is not available in your country" page, even though the main order page shows it as a pre-order and google wallet says it is pending).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

R28 wrote: »

(I can no longer click on the info link as that play store account has reverted to the Irish one, partially through my own foolishness. If I click it, I am taken to the dread "This device is not available in your country" page, even though the main order page shows it as a pre-order and google wallet says it is pending).
    try delete history, cache and cookies, and go again, that should sort you, no reason why it wouldnt think your in UK after that...+ vpn obviously

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭marketty

So its now available for pre order from handtec, 32gb = £339......+VAT!!!! :eek::eek::eek: what the hell?? brings it up to €480!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

Anyone order through carphone warehouse?
    Are they likely to cancel the order?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

marketty wrote: »
    So its now available for pre order from handtec, 32gb = £339......+VAT!!!! :eek::eek::eek: what the hell?? brings it up to €480!

If Google doesn't work out that's my plan b. Like the N4 before it, I just want the hardware in my hands and not necessarily for the best price.

Loaded up on all the APK's from the N5 today anyhoo so already feels like a different phone...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,274 ✭✭✭emo72

JKGT wrote: »
    Emo what exactly was your ordering process you seem to be the only one with any luck so far????

tunnelbear
    pm addy
    didnt change my cc addy to pm
    success

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Still only white devices that have been shipped I take it? Has anyone had their order cancelled at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭marketty

god's toy wrote: »
    If Google doesn't work out that's my plan b. Like the N4 before it, I just want the hardware in my hands and not necessarily for the best price.

I have sent them a price match request ref carphone warehouse, i'm thinking they may have made a mistake as they only put it up on a friday evening, probably on the way out the door! like they put in the price incl. vat and their system automatically added vat again or something.
    god's toy wrote: »
    Loaded up on all the APK's from the N5 today anyhoo so already feels like a different phone...

I have no idea what this means :o

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Reganovski

32GB Black Nexus 5 shipped :)

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭JKGT

Its 24h now since I ordered my 16gb white still pending........

• Registered Users Posts: 6,274 ✭✭✭emo72

5starpool wrote: »
    Still only white devices that have been shipped I take it? Has anyone had their order cancelled at all?

Black 32 ordered at 608 and shipped this morning. Using the same set up as the nexus 4 hoopla.

Seems of you ever get one thing through then you are in the clear for good. I dare not touch any of my account settings for fear of coming to the attention of the Google police

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭gzoladz

I got the n10 last year and now still pending.

Will see...

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Reganovski wrote: »
    32GB Black Nexus 5 shipped :)
    What time did your order get placed?
    emo72 wrote: »
    Black 32 ordered at 608 and shipped this morning. Using the same set up as the nexus 4 hoopla.

Seems of you ever get one thing through then you are in the clear for good. I dare not touch any of my account settings for fear of coming to the attention of the Google police

Someone else on here ordered mine for me and he got the N4 using the same method last year. His orders were placed at 6.08 and then for me at about 6.20, but all are still at pending :(

Edit: His first one shipped, just my 2 left now! Good sign at least. All black 32gb models.

Advertisement