Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nexus 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

marketty wrote: »
    I have sent them a price match request ref carphone warehouse, i'm thinking they may have made a mistake as they only put it up on a friday evening, probably on the way out the door! like they put in the price incl. vat and their system automatically added vat again or something.

I have no idea what this means :o

It means all the bits of android KitKat have been pulled off the nexus 5 already and I have em running on the Nexus 4 so its only the hardware I'm waiting on.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 DeasunK

I tried Tunnel Bear and tried to buy with a Parcel Motel delivery address but it failed saysing my visa debit card and mastercard credit card are both unsupported.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Emazed

Just to make sure , you enter Parcel motel address as your CC address and put it as uk , aswell as shipping address , i did this and it says "pending" but haven't received a confirmation e-mail yet? anyone tell me if i did it right and put my mind to ease

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Reganovski

5starpool wrote: »
    What time did your order get placed?

About 6.15pm

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

I just had words with my source who said the Nexus 5 would be sold here.

Suffice to say the conversation went along the lines of me slapping him across the back of the head.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Emazed wrote: »
    Just to make sure , you enter Parcel motel address as your CC address and put it as uk , aswell as shipping address , i did this and it says "pending" but haven't received a confirmation e-mail yet? anyone tell me if i did it right and put my mind to ease

Did the same yesterday and I'm also still pending with no email sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Sonics2k wrote: »

Suffice to say the conversation went along the lines of me slapping him across the back of the head.

Something like this? :D

tumblr_mgyo3wiJYV1rx82lno1_1280.png

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭IrishStuff09

slapping him across the back of the head.
    obfWx0K.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 15 DeasunK

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

Looking at the two versions, the US version LTE will not work here.

Can anybody corroborate this and/or explain what's required to support the LTE we have here?

US version:
    GSM: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
    CDMA: Band Class: 0/1/10
    WCDMA: Bands: 1/2/4/5/6/8/19
    LTE: Bands: 1/2/4/5/17/19/25/26/41

RoW version:
    WCDMA: Bands: 1/2/4/5/6/8
    LTE: Bands: 1/3/5/7/8/20

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

Emazed wrote: »

dude,

they shipped mine (its with parcelfarce now).

here what i did.

enter the shipping address as newry
    enter your home/billing address with the following (country uk-- actually i think you might not be able to change that or at least i didnt). enter the post code as the newry one.

just fill in all the fields address line 1,2 if you need it and town and county as your credit card company expect to see it with your irish address. you might need to warn your credit card company that its not a dodgy deal.

that worked for me..at least up to this point...i dont have it in my sweaty hands yet...but it is shipped

hope that helps

good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭foobar

Ahh tell us more, any info on timelines?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

Zab wrote: »
    Can anybody corroborate this and/or explain what's required to support the LTE we have here?

US version:
    CDMA: Band Class: 0/1/10
    WCDMA: Bands: 1/2/4/5/6/8/19
    LTE: Bands: 1/2/4/5/17/19/25/26/41

RoW version:
    WCDMA: Bands: 1/2/4/5/6/8
    LTE: Bands: 1/3/5/7/8/20

To answer my own question, it looks like metoer/eMobile are using bands 3 and 20, neither of which are supported by the US version.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 username22640

My order of a black 32GB ordered at 22:30 last night has shipped. I'm pleasantly surprised at how well this process went.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Emazed

dude,

they shipped mine (its with parcelfarce now).

here what i did.

enter the shipping address as newry
    enter your home/billing address with the following (country uk-- actually i think you might not be able to change that or at least i didnt). enter the post code as the newry one.

just fill in all the fields address line 1,2 if you need it and town and county as your credit card company expect to see it with your irish address. you might need to warn your credit card company that its not a dodgy deal.

that worked for me..at least up to this point...i dont have it in my sweaty hands yet...but it is shipped

hope that helps

good luck
    You 100% sure pal? and when did you order?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

My order of a black 32GB ordered at 22:30 last night has shipped. I'm pleasantly surprised at how well this process went.

Bastards. I ordered a 32GB black at 18:45 and it's still preparing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Was away yesterday when it was announced so wasn't able to place order until close to midnight - 32GB black on a UK card with UK address. Was speaking to bank today on a different matter and I asked them about the Google payment. Authorised no problem but order in play store is still pending. Suspect it's that Google are leaving themselves open to cancelling orders if they can't meet the demand.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭R28

Stuxnet wrote: »
    try delete history, cache and cookies, and go again, that should sort you, no reason why it wouldnt think your in UK after that...+ vpn obviously

No that doesn't work. You see in my foolishness, I changed my Google Wallet to the Irish billing address (just basically got rid of the parcel motel postcode and put Ireland in as the country). I didn't think the card was going through so I thought I was being clever, but apparently once you change your Wallet card it locks you into that country. It doesn't go back to the British one, even when I put back the UK address and postcode.

The wallet home page still says pending though and there is a transaction ID so I have some hope that it went through, despite my silliness.

I wish Google would hurry up and tell me if it went through though. I don't want to cancel it and start over with a new account if there's a slim hope it's being dispatched to me (Plus I figure Google will flag the number of a card if it's linked to three separate play store accounts...)

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭R28

Damn it I ordered at 22:00, Black 32GB as well and no luck yet. Oh well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭bogman

I left a nasty email at google play expressing my dismay that there were treating us like a 3rd world country (which in fact we are) by not allowing us to buy the Nexus 5 here in Ireland

In fairness they did reply and im sharing it here
    Hello Charles,

Thank you for contacting Google. My name is Baylie and I'll be assisting your case. I read through your original email and can see you're concerned with the availability of the Nexus 5 in your country. While I'm unable to comment on future country availability, please rest assured that we're working hard to make devices on Google Play more widely available.
    If a device was recently announced in your country, but is not yet available for sale on Google Play, please check back again soon.

To view devices available for purchase on Google Play today, please visit https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/2462844

I apologize greatly for this inconvenience. If you come across any further questions, comments, or concerns, feel free to respond to this email. I'm more than happy to help!

Thanks,

Baylie
    The Google Support Team

It's now available on +Google Play in the U.S., Canada, U.K., Australia, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Japan and Korea and coming soon to India :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭robertdempsey

bogman wrote: »
    I left a nasty email at google play expressing my dismay that there were treating us like a 3rd world country (which in fact we are) by not allowing us to buy the Nexus 5 here in Ireland

In fairness they did reply and im sharing it here

It's now available on +Google Play in the U.S., Canada, U.K., Australia, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Japan and Korea and coming soon to India :-(

This seems to be the standard reply as I got the same reply before.

Rob

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

I left a nasty email at google play expressing my dismay that there were treating us like a 3rd world country

You don't think that's a little excessive, no? There's an element of "tough ****" to all this - none of us have any right to buy this phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭fredotf2

Ordered a 16Gb Black Nexus 5 at 18:15 last night.
    Just got shipping confirmation.
    Setup - Parcel motel shipping and billing info with a BOI Visa Debit card.
    Had been stuck in "pending" since ordering so there is still hope for most people.
    Good Luck lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭bogman

Lads, how about a few more emailing of ye them, it "may" help our cause, God damn it, don't they have a Dubland office

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭marketty

so people in India will have the nexus and be calling customer care in Ireland? isn't that a turn up for the books! :P They'll probably be giving out about our accents!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

fredotf2 wrote: »
    Ordered a 16Gb Black Nexus 5 at 18:15 last night.
    Just got shipping confirmation.
    Setup - Parcel motel shipping and billing info with a BOI Visa Debit card.
    Had been stuck in "pending" since ordering so there is still hope for most people.
    Good Luck lads!

First report of a 16gb being shipped on this thread. Music to my ears!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Said I'd give it a go trying to order one tonight and so far so good it seems; created a new google account via tunnelbear and used my Irish mastercard with the Parcel Motel address as both shipping and billing address so hopefully it'll go through. Its still saying pending on the account status page and I've not received any confirmation emails but hopefully the fact it didn't instantly reject the order is a good sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭ieoin

is it not cheaper to buy in from the us store and get it shipped to ireland?
    would the phone still work in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

ieoin wrote: »
    is it not cheaper to buy in from the us store and get it shipped to ireland?
    would the phone still work in Ireland

Not for LTE.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭manu2009

White 16gb, ordered at 18.43 yesterday, shipped! :D

Advertisement