Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nexus 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭positron

:(:( Ordered black 32 gb at 18:32 last night, credit card crowd says all is well, Play store support guys says all is well - the darn thing is still PENDING. Oh well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

So I ordered Nexus 5 and used Google wallet parcel motel etc with my visa debit card. It said after putting the order through money will only be taken when shipped. It has been taken from my available balance already. Any reason for this? I would of thought they would do small charge like €1 to test account rather than full amount, or is it to do with visa debit rather than credit card?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭fredotf2

DrMorphine wrote: »
    So I ordered Nexus 5 and used Google wallet parcel motel etc with my visa debit card. It said after putting the order through money will only be taken when shipped. It has been taken from my available balance already. Any reason for this? I would of thought they would do small charge like €1 to test account rather than full amount, or is it to do with visa debit rather than credit card?

The money has not actually been taken out of your account. They have simply put a 'hold' on the money for the time being which makes it look that way. This is normal and the transaction won't be fully completed until your order is shipped.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

fredotf2 wrote: »
    The money has not actually been taken out of your account. They have simply put a 'hold' on the money for the time being which makes it look that way. This is normal and the transaction won't be fully completed until your order is shipped.

Should of used my credit card to be honest, its probably going to be in 'Pending' state for a while looking at some other people posts on this thread only to be cancelled. Not going to bother with Nexus 5 if this doesn't go through.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭fredotf2

DrMorphine wrote: »
    Should of used my credit card to be honest, its probably going to be in 'Pending' state for a while looking at some other people posts on this thread only to be cancelled. Not going to bother with Nexus 5 if this doesn't go through.

I wouldn't lose hope so early, so far no one has actually been cancelled. In my view this is going much better than last time with the Nexus 4..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭gzoladz

I ordered a 16gb black yesterday shortly after 6pm and it is still pending.

But many similar units with the same specs started shipping a few hours avo, so hopefully soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

gzoladz wrote: »
    I ordered a 16gb black yesterday shortly after 6pm and it is still pending.

But many similar units with the same specs started shipping a few hours avo, so hopefully soon.

Same as! Ordered 16gb black at 6:20 yesterday!
    I reckon it's a bit late to still be shipping though and they might not start shipping again until Monday (but hopefully tomorrow).
    They have up to Tuesday next to fulfil mine though, as it says ships by the 5th in my confirmation email.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Same as! Ordered 16gb black at 6:20 yesterday!
    I reckon it's a bit late to still be shipping though and they might not start shipping again until Monday (but hopefully tomorrow).
    They have up to Tuesday next to fulfil mine though, as it says ships by the 5th in my confirmation email.

I'd say they'd be in over the weekend for this one. Mine said 5th and arrived at the parcel force depot at 12.20 today.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I'd say they'd be in over the weekend for this one. Mine said 5th and arrived at the parcel force depot at 12.20 today.

I hope they do get them out tomorrow, I'm so impatient when it comes to new gadgets :D

I had to get a replacement N4 during the year. Took them 17 days before they shipped it. I nearly went insane :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

Is there just one version of the n5 across all regions ? Am in us arm and tempted to pick one up if I can

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

No. There is US version and Rest of World version.

As a few posters have already mentioned the 4G/LTE on the US version will not work here in Ireland.

A suggestion - can the different LTE version/bands information be edited into the first post?
    zing wrote: »
    Is there just one version of the n5 across all regions ? Am in us arm and tempted to pick one up if I can

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Emazed

I ordered at about 5pm (1st November) and yet to receive a confirmation e-mail and still says pending , is this ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭R28

Emazed wrote: »
    I ordered at about 5pm (1st November) and yet to receive a confirmation e-mail and still says pending , is this ok?

Three seems to be a lot of people without any confirmation email...and there are people who ordered on Oct 31 at 6:05 who it still says pending on.

I think the best we can all do is have patience. Although I ignore this by constantly checking this thread and r/android. Curse my weakness..I do think it could take up to a week before everything is resolved and we know what is going to happen...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭beardo81

Is there anywhere in the US someone could walk into a store and pick one up, similar to CPW in the UK? Brother is in Boston for the next 5 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 macjimmy

I purchased a 16gb black Nexus 5 via UK play store. I was looking at the different insurance companies online and the ones I've researched only offer insurance for phones purchased in Ireland. Anyone know of a company who will provide insurance for the Nexus 5 purchased from the UK? Many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭robertdempsey

After cancelling order and placing new order yesterday I now have the status "complete" and have received email from Google saying item now shipped.

N5 black 32gb PM Tunnelbear AIB master card.

Rob

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭theroomisonfire

When did you order the black NExus 5 32gb?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Status was still pending at 11.30 last night. Checked this morning and it says delivered!

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭EoghanConway

beardo81 wrote: »
    Is there anywhere in the US someone could walk into a store and pick one up, similar to CPW in the UK? Brother is in Boston for the next 5 days.

I take it you've read the posts that mention the US version won't support LTE here?

If that's okay with you, you should be able to save about €90 by buying in one of the 20-odd participating retailers in Boston:

http://www.google.com/nexus/5/retailers/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

still pending..., I guess, business is on hold until Monday, understandably !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭robertdempsey

When did you order the black NExus 5 32gb?

Did you ask me that question?
    .. After cancelling the white one yesterday I ordered the black 32 @16:20 yesterday.

Status has now moved onto "Delivered".

YEs - thanks - you're lucky to have it shipped so fast. I ordered a black 32gb at about 10pm last night so was just wondering when you ordered yours.
    Did you ask me that question?
    .. After cancelling the white one yesterday I ordered the black 32 @16:20 yesterday.

Status has now moved onto "Delivered".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Email saying mine has shipped (on a Saturday? I'll take it!), aww yeah!?

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭JKGT

White 16gb ordered 19:45 Thurs got shipped email this morning 09:00...
    Checked status and it says its now delivered???

Anybody else who has shipped marked as delivered?

Method: tunnel bear, parcel motel, Aib visa, shipping and billing address parcel motel..added PM address as a "ship to" address with the credit card company.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

After cancelling order and placing new order yesterday I now have the status "complete" and have received email from Google saying item now shipped.

N5 black 32gb PM Tunnelbear AIB master card.

Rob

what delivery and home address's did you use?

Got an email to say that a black nexus 5 16gb that I ordered at 10pm on Thursday has shipped.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭NeirBot

Just got an email saying my black 16gb N5 has been shipped!!
    Ordered at 18:08 on the 31st.
    Tunnel Bear.. PM shipping address.. BOI credit card with my irish address with PM post code added to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

NeirBot wrote: »
    Just got an email saying my black 16gb N5 has been shipped!!
    Ordered at 18:08 on the 31st.
    Tunnel Bear.. PM shipping address.. BOI credit card with my irish address with PM post code added to it.

What's the chances of getting one of these if I spin up to Newry or up north to CW?

looking at the uk play store the 32GB ships in 2 to 3 weeks! but the 16GB is the 8th

Sent Google a contact up message and if I don't hear anything back I'll just order the 16GB one as I'm not waiting 3 weeks for the 32GB..

• Advertisement

Fieldog wrote: »
    What's the chances of getting one of these if I spin up to Newry or up north to CW?

Feel like doing that myself if I'm honest

Advertisement