Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nexus 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭gzoladz

Mine has just shipped. 16gb Black, ordered on Thursday 18:23

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

Anyone that got the email yesterday saying it had moved to parcel forces depot - has there been any update on the order tracking since then?

no move from me from London parcelforce..to be fair it does say 1-3 business days. i suspect one of the reasons google released on a thursday was to give themselves the weekend should anything go awry...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,274 ✭✭✭emo72

yep. stuck in the black hole of londons parcelforce. hopefully monday will see some movement. cant wait to see that lovely photo in parcel motel:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Think I'll drive to carphone warehouse in Newry in the new year to get it. Missus has friends up there anyway so can make a (expensive) weekend of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Think I'll drive to carphone warehouse in Newry in the new year to get it. Missus has friends up there anyway so can make a (expensive) weekend of it.

I know your talking about the new year and all.. Ive tried to ring a few stores up there but no one was answering the phones.

grr.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Its on the carphone warehouse main page for £295 for the 16gb. They're probably quite busy today with customers so can't answer the phones. If you try early tomorrow or Monday maybe when the shop isn't so busy. I'll give it a go too. I'll report back if I hear anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

god's toy wrote: »
    I know your talking about the new year and all.. Ive tried to ring a few stores up there but no one was answering the phones.

grr.

You got that aswell?

I just want a definite answer before jumping in the car....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭overpronator

Gonna make a trip up to Newry the week after next to pick one up if they're in stock.

Fieldog wrote: »
    You got that aswell?

I just want a definite answer before jumping in the car....

yep £*&^ers..
    Im suspecting its the same when they get a new hot phone, don't answer the phone and let them time out on hold.

not going to move unless I know I can get one in my hands . but its getting too late for me now to drive up, cutting it fine for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭positron

I wouldn't advise driving up - Read my comments on HKUD and elsewhere that each CPW shop only gets a handful of phones, and some shops outright refuses to sell them sim-free as they make better profit on a contract deal etc etc. You may want to try ordering on in with CPW and arrange to pick up in store, but then again I don't know if they still have stock, I think they were listing 'pre-order' on their site as early as yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭bidiots

Mine is shipped, ordered Thursday at 11pm. Used TunnelBear,Uk Gmail, Irish CC with PM address. Hurry up courier:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,274 ✭✭✭emo72

bidiots wrote: »
    Hurry up courier:D

bloody couriers taking the weekend off. dont they know we're all waiting over here:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

16G White ordered at 22:40 on Thursday Oct 31st, just got shipped email at 16:31 Saturday Nov 2nd.

Used PM as shipping address, UK country with Irish billing address and PM postcode with AIB Visa Debit card.

They had a hold on the full amount since Thursday on the card.

Happy days it seems...

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭thehairyone

More good news. 32 GB black purchased on Thursday 18.10 has now been shipped.

Method: Tunnel bear, Uk gmail account, Parcel motel NI used as shipping and billing address, Irish visa debit card registered to Irish address.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

I have to unfollow this thread. All this good news is depressing me!

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭IrishStuff09

Irish visa debit card registered to Irish address.

So you didn't add your Parcel Motel address to your Debit Card? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭thehairyone

So you didn't add your Parcel Motel address to your Debit Card? :D

Rang the bank a few weeks ago to see if this was possible. They said I could do it for my credit card no problem but changing my debit card would be a bit of a pain in the arse, so i decided to leave it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

• Registered Users Posts: 39,546 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Second 32GB black ordered on Thursday has now shipped.

1 left to go now...

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Mo14

Got an email today saying my White 16GB Nexus 5 has shipped at around 11:00 am today. Strange as I ordered later than most people on this thread; about 5:30 on Friday evening.

My process was tunnelbear to the UK play store, my main (Irish registered) Google account, Ulster Bank Visa debit card, Parcel Motel for shipping and billing address.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭foobar

Was pending with a estimated shipping date of the 8th of November but just got a mail that it shipped !

Stock Status:

Black 16GB -Leaves warehouse by 8 November 2013
    Black 32GB - Dispatched from warehouse in 2 - 3 weeks
    White 16GB - Dispatched from warehouse in 1 - 2 business days
    White 32GB -Leaves warehouse by 8 November 2013

I ordered Black 32GB last night and says leaves by Nov 8th on my email confirmation but wouldn't be surprised if that changed to 2-3 weeks.

Money for wife's n5 32gb has been taken as mine is still in limbo.. so I think it just didn't work for mine, I'm about to officially give up on getting it and just continue with her order.. Even if I have to wait weeks now for a 32..!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

I'm after getting a shipping notification on my black 32gb too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Pique

JohnK wrote: »
    I'm after getting a shipping notification on my black 32gb too :D

Same here. Ordered yesterday morning at half 9.

Original shipping date was 8th Nov so I'm very happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,546 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

All three of my 32GB black now shipped.

Alas none of them for me :(

My order from 11pm last night just shipped!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

KevIRL wrote: »
    All three of my 32GB black now shipped.

Alas none of them for me :(

Can I be your friend?!:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

16GB white just shipped for me.

Does "shipped" mean sent from the Google warehouse to a Parcel Force warehouse? I assume Parcel Force will then ship it to Northern Ireland on Monday?

• Advertisement

Fungus wrote: »
    16GB white just shipped for me.

Does "shipped" mean sent from the Google warehouse to a Parcel Force warehouse? I assume Parcel Force will then ship it to Northern Ireland on Monday?

Yeah or in this case Parcel Force are more than likely sending trucks etc to pick them up from the Google warehouse, and those trucks will probably be operational over the weekend.

Advertisement