Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nexus 5

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

TheTechGuy wrote: »
    Can I be your friend?!:D:D:D

2 are for me, feck off ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Rockn

I ordered last night but I got an email saying that my Google Wallet account is suspended for "suspicious activity" and my order was cancelled. I went through TunnelBear, set up a new Google account, added PM address and Visa Debit card, and ordered the phone.

To unblock Google Wallet I need to supply government issued ID and proof of address that matches the given address which obviously I can't do.

I guess I'll try again. Should I have used my own address for the billing address and the PM address for delivery? Or some people are saying they just used their own address with PM postcode?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Rockn wrote: »
    I ordered last night but I got an email saying that my Google Wallet account is suspended for "suspicious activity" and my order was cancelled. I went through TunnelBear, set up a new Google account, added PM address and Visa Debit card, and ordered the phone.

To unblock Google Wallet I need to supply government issued ID and proof of address that matches the given address which obviously I can't do.

I guess I'll try again. Should I have used my own address for the billing address and the PM address for delivery? Or some people are saying they just used their own address with PM postcode?

Use Parcel Motel address as billing and shipping address.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭bren2001

Order shipped, 32 Gb Black. Ordered at 7:45 on Thursday, I am quite surprised!

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭shuyin1

Lads, was getting depressed but low and behold just got email its shipped 5min ago. 16gb black+white, ordered 8.30pm thurs. There's hope, hang in there to those waiting.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Rockn wrote: »

Looks like you just got unlucky as that seems to be what most people did.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Reading this thread, I was getting worried because all the people who ordered after me are getting their shipping emails. Checked my emails and what is sitting there, my shipping email. I'm delighted. I ordered a 32GB black at about 18:45 on Thursday. I never received a confirmation email and it was at pending pre-ordered the whole time until now for anyone wondering.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Nexarz

32GB White Ordered 19:30 Thurs. Got Shipping Confirm just there..

Used Tunnelbear, UK Gmail, PM Shipping, Mix of PM and real on Billing.

Woo!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭IrishStuff09

Happy 1000th post! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

N5 ordering experience > > > N4 ordering experience.

But I'll still be holding my breath until I'm holding the damn thing in my hand and it's working properly!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Mine is shipped.

"Thank you.
    Great news! Your order on Google Play has shipped"

Going to the friends place in the UK and he'll send it on; bit much I know but didnt want to take the chance on PM and all involved. Really wanted to upgrade the sgs3

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Emazed

Anyone had any luck with a BOI Mastercard? or anyone know will it work with this?

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭theroomisonfire

I ordered that case recently
    DrMorphine wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭theroomisonfire

THere were rumours that the 32gb version would have a bigger battery, did that ever materialise?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

THere were rumours that the 32gb version would have a bigger battery, did that ever materialise?

Nope, same as 16gb. 2300

Anyone know if a BOI MasterCard will work? someone please tell me if they know haha

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Emazed wrote: »
    Anyone know if a BOI MasterCard will work? someone please tell me if they know haha

I used a BOI mastercard with Parcel Motel last night and it seems to have worked as I got a shipping confirmation a while ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 lawlor59

I'm looking to order. I set up a new gmail but its only showing US prices and US shipping address. Can someone help me out. I have to get my hand on one of these before my head explodes

I needed to set verification. I put alternative email address as my hotmail and my mobile verification as my ire phone number. HELP please

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

Black 32GB, ordered at 20:15 Thursday. Just got shipping notification.
    AIB VISA debit, no VPN, Parcel motel. I used my usual gmail... the one I've had since 2004.

lawlor59 wrote: »
    I'm looking to order. I set up a new gmail but its only showing US prices and US shipping address. Can someone help me out. I have to get my hand on one of these before my head explodes

I needed to set verification. I put alternative email address as my hotmail and my mobile verification as my ire phone number. HELP please

Use the UK store: http://www.google.co.uk/nexus/5/

• Advertisement

gerryk wrote: »
    Black 32GB, ordered at 20:15 Thursday. Just got shipping notification.
    AIB VISA debit, no VPN, Parcel motel.

How did you buy without a VPN? Do you have an Irish IP?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭grolschmore

Ordered 10am this morning 32gb white. shipped email with tracking number at 5pm. Delighted. come on parcel force/ parcel motel. How quick are parcel motel at getting stuff from newry?

JohnK wrote: »
    I used a BOI mastercard with Parcel Motel last night and it seems to have worked as I got a shipping confirmation a while ago.

Thanks a million for the reply! and how did you do your billing address? :)

Ordered 10am this morning 32gb white. shipped email with tracking number at 5pm. Delighted. come on parcel force/ parcel motel. How quick are parcel motel at getting stuff from newry?

Very fast. I use them alot and if they get them Monday which they will considering like 2hr drive from Dublin, they will be in my Parcel Motel for when I wake Tuesday morning and im in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 lawlor59

Just tried that. I even set up another gmail address. tunnelbear is running as uk. http://www.whatismyip.com/ shows my location as england but gmail sign in location is settings shows as US.:mad:

It then doesnt let me change address from US

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

wtf :( Im still waiting, ordered 32gb white also, yesterday tho... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

lawlor59 wrote: »
    Just tried that. I even set up another gmail address. tunnelbear is running as uk. http://www.whatismyip.com/ shows my location as england but gmail sign in location is settings shows as US.:mad:

Clear your cache/history or, better still, try a new browser?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Technophobe

Yay.. Mine has shipped...ordered around midnight Thursday... Didn't use VPN but my account is still in GBP after N4 order process...

How did you buy without a VPN? Do you have an Irish IP?

Yup. Eircom. I was putting the little lad to bed and as he was dropping off, checked reddit to see that the N5 had been launched. The thread linked to the play store, so I gave it a shot, and it seems to have worked.

• Advertisement

Overnight.

Advertisement