Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nexus 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 lawlor59

Can someone tell me exactly what they wrote for the name street address etc as I really don't want to make a mistake with this. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

I put the full parcel motel address on mine, ordered Thursday, email a few minutes later and shipping email Friday.

I put the full parcel motel address on mine, ordered Thursday, email a few minutes later and shipping email Friday.

So just
    Name: pmNo
    Street address:1a mc kidney road
    City: Newtownabbey
    County: Antrim
    Postcode: bt36 4pe

Or should I put name as my name, pmNo and street as parcel motel in the first line and 1a mc kidney road in the second line. What do I put for billing address?

Sorry for all the Q's

Thanks

I did my name, next line pm number and then the full address and postcode.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭stevenf17

Glad to see people are starting to get shipping confirmation emails!
    Just wondering (as I'm not living on the right side of the pond anymore) how much did a 16GB actually cost people in € from the UK store?

• Advertisement

I did my name, next line pm number and then the full address and postcode.

So the first line of the street address was just your ID then next line was 1a mc kidney road? You left out the parcel motel part?
    Did you put billing address as your real address but the UK postcode?

(feeling really dumb now at this point)

This is the way I need to do it

stevenf17 wrote: »
    Just wondering (as I'm not living on the right side of the pond anymore) how much did a 16GB actually cost people in € from the UK store?

€366

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

My tracking code isn't working on the parcel force site.

WTF, parcel force staff - it's Saturday night :-)

€366

Woah... more of a difference than I thought!
    Bought mine from the Canadian play store with my BOI visa debit and was charged €267.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

€361.22 with AIB Visa Debit Card.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Woah... more of a difference than I thought!
    Bought mine from the Canadian play store with my BOI visa debit and was charged €267.
    Is their version the same as the us version where the LTE doesn't work in Ireland?

lawlor59 wrote: »
    So the first line of the street address was just your ID then next line was 1a mc kidney road? You left out the parcel motel part?
    Did you put billing address as your real address but the UK postcode?

(feeling really dumb now at this point)

This is the way I need to do it

Anyone a bit of help please. Pleeeeeeeseeee :-(

This parcel motel shipping address has worked for me:

JOHN DOE
    PM11111, Parcel Motel
    1A McKinney Rd
    Newtownabbey
    ANTRIM
    BT36 4PE
    United Kingdom

TheTechGuy wrote: »
    Is their version the same as the us version where the LTE doesn't work in Ireland?

I'd say so because it was shipped from Louisville, Kentucky.

Just quickly went onto the canadian play store they have the LTE info as:
    LTE Bands: 1/2/4/5/17/19/25/26/41

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

polaris68 wrote: »
    My tracking code isn't working on the parcel force site.

WTF, parcel force staff - it's Saturday night :-)

We will probably see a picture of it on parcel motel website before parcel force updates! Could take 24hrs for tracking to work

This parcel motel shipping address has worked for me:

JOHN DOE
    PM11111, Parcel Motel
    1A McKinney Rd
    Newtownabbey
    ANTRIM
    BT36 4PE
    United Kingdom

Thank you for the reply. Did you use your real address with UK postcode for billing or did you use the same as above?

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭pedatron

I think I have successfully ordered a 16GB White Nexus 5 on the Carphone Warehouse website using parcel motel! No confirmation email yet though! Has anyone else ordered this way?

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭IrishStuff09

pedatron wrote: »
    I think I have successfully ordered a 16GB White Nexus 5 on the Carphone Warehouse website using parcel motel! No confirmation email yet though! Has anyone else ordered this way?

Not sure, but I hope for all our sakes, that this goes through and works for you ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

Thank you for the reply. Did you use your real address with UK postcode for billing or did you use the same as above?

I used real address with PM post code and country UK was defaulted for billing address.

So just
    Name: pmNo
    Street address:1a mc kidney road
    City: Newtownabbey
    County: Antrim
    Postcode: bt36 4pe

Or should I put name as my name, pmNo and street as parcel motel in the first line and 1a mc kidney road in the second line. What do I put for billing address?

Sorry for all the Q's

Thanks

I was able to do name, pm number, parcel motel and the rest of the address all on separate lines.

• Advertisement

Billing address and shipping address have to match for Google to dispatch the order so you need to use your parcel motel address for both.

Obviously that will not be your realise billing address but Google don't appear to be checking this for the Nexus 5gb

I was able to do name, pm number, parcel motel and the rest of the address all on separate lines.

I'm really over complicating this but what do you put for the phone number

I'm really over complicating this but what do you put for the phone number

I used the phone number of Newtownabbey Borough Council.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

I've got a shipping confirmation email, but the tracking doesn't work yet and nothing from the bank either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Shipping email tonight. Ordered a White 16GB version on Thursday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

Should have my N5 tomorrow evening, had a friend in London for the weekend so it worked out perfectly.
    Will be sad selling the n4 as it's a great phone also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

I can now see Movie & TV, Magazines and devices in my google play despite not using VPN. Is this because my wallet home address is set to the UK, and why would that affect what store I see? Also should I change my address back to Ireland now that my N5 is shipped as I want to buy stuff on the app store and would buying using the UK store mess up my account or the apps I see. eg. Apps that that are localized for Ireland on Irish store and localized for UK on UK store only?

I used the phone number of Newtownabbey Borough Council.

:D

I used an old UK number. You could look up some dodgy ones for the craic!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

I got the feeling Google didn't like me so I tested them today.

Sent an email to Google regarding the N5 from both accounts at the same time (wife's account who got a email when ordered today and mine, who has not received a thing from them at all), different questions mind you but easy stuff for 1st levels support.

Wife's account received a reply 5 hrs later with a standard response.
    While it is now 12 hrs later and my account has not received one...

So I guess this 'pending' thing is another way of saying 'we're checking your details, please hold'
    Or we just don't like you...

Thanks Google.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭R28

Billing address and shipping address have to match for Google to dispatch the order so you need to use your parcel motel address for both.

Obviously that will not be your realise billing address but Google don't appear to be checking this for the Nexus 5gb

That might be why there's a delay in mine. I had my address as the billing address but just left the Antrim Parcel Motel post code in.

I've changed my wallet billing address but will have to wait and see if that works.

Tempted to start over again with a new account and cancel this one but I'll just have to wait and see for a while just in case.

Advertisement