Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nexus 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Pique

god's toy wrote: »
    I got the feeling Google didn't like me so I tested them today.

Sent an email to Google regarding the N5 from both accounts at the same time (wife's account who got a email when ordered today and mine, who has not received a thing from them at all), different questions mind you but easy stuff for 1st levels support.

Wife's account received a reply 5 hrs later with a standard response.
    While it is now 12 hrs later and my account has not received one...

So I guess this 'pending' thing is another way of saying 'we're checking your details, please hold'
    Or we just don't like you...

Thanks Google.

You shouldn't use googlesucks@apple.ie as your email address then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭positron

Not sure if this was mentioned before in this thread, but it's likely that Amazon would soon be stocking / selling Nexus 5.

Saw this Chat screenshot posted on reddit/r/andrioid. Now I am sure that's the amazon.com that they were talking about, but if no reason why Amazon won't do that in the UK as well. Free shipping etc too perhaps, and the usual Amazon no hassle returns / support etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Pique wrote: »
    You shouldn't use googlesucks@apple.ie as your email address then :)

Ha! Hey let's not go nuts here, still like the Google, they are just pissing me off a little right now.
    ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭robo

First disappointment - the speakers are kind of crappy. Not loud at all and it's too easy to cover them up.

What's the headphone sound like? I'd really only be listening to the music and radio walking home drkn work.

Oh oh...As Nexus 4 owner since July ...do I really need to upgrade to Nexus 5?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

Hey all,
    Just put my order through and says 'Pending' in the status column on the order page. No email at all yet even just for confirmation of the order!? Is this what happened to everyone else?

Thanks,
    M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Emazed

madmoe wrote: »
    Hey all,
    Just put my order through and says 'Pending' in the status column on the order page. No email at all yet even just for confirmation of the order!? Is this what happened to everyone else?

Thanks,
    M

may i ask what card your using ?

Emazed wrote: »
    may i ask what card your using ?

BOI Mastercard.....

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Emazed

BOI Mastercard.....

Exactly what i was trying to use and it just says pending , with no confirmation e-mail .... then google just sent me an email the next day saying my order was on hold and to update my information , my speculation is it takes a few days for the money to go on the card so im just going to try monday! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Hey all,

Thanks,
    M

Same with me ordered with Tesco visa. Black 32gb.

Ste- wrote: »
    Same with me ordered with Tesco visa. Black 32gb.

Had text message to call BOI just now, think they put a block on their end. That has now been removed and I updated the Google order using a link in the email Google sent! It's gone back to pending status but hopefully that block BOI put in place won't feck the whole thing up!!

Cheers,
    M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

robo wrote: »
    Oh oh...As Nexus 4 owner since July ...do I really need to upgrade to Nexus 5?

I would say no, there isn't that huge a difference between them, especially since kit kat is coming to the N4. Unless you really need a better camera or an extra 0.3 inches screen space.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

For what it is worth, the phone number in Google Wallet does not matter. I left my Irish number and the order is shipping.

I am still getting the below message on the Parcel Force website:
    We are currently unable to confirm that status of your parcel. Please check the number and try again. Please note that items sent over 4 months ago cannot be tracked online. If you are tracking a parcel sent from outside of the UK, we may not have received it yet. Please try again or use the help button below.

Does this mean my phone has not left the Parcel Force warehouse?

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭theroomisonfire

The Stars is the same for me even though I got an email from Google saying that the phone had shipped yesterday morning

Fungus wrote: »
    For what it is worth, the phone number in Google Wallet does not matter. I left my Irish number and the order is shipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭kalych

I would like to know this as well, placed the order last night, got the "shipped" confirmation this morning (TSB visa debit with only Irish address, vpn'd UK google account with Parcelmotel Antrim address and all zeroes in a phone number), but still the same message as above with parcelforce.

Ordered black 16Gb and the shipment date is showing as 8 November though, maybe there is a delay on Google's end and they just placed the shipment order with parcelforce and generated the tracking number, but haven't actually released the device?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

polaris68 wrote: »
    Billing address and shipping address have to match for Google to dispatch the order so you need to use your parcel motel address for both.

Obviously that will not be your realise billing address but Google don't appear to be checking this for the Nexus 5gb

Mine were not the same as some others have also stated.

Shipping = Parcel Motel Address
    Billing = Irish Address with PM post code, and Country = UK

I have gotten a shipped email.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭gzoladz

EGriff wrote: »
    I would say no, there isn't that huge a difference between them, especially since kit kat is coming to the N4. Unless you really need a better camera or an extra 0.3 inches screen space.

Or LTE. That is the main difference in my view.

I ordered another 16GB black phone for a friend last night and it shipped this morning. Google are on the ball for once. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭grolschmore

on my order page it says pre ordered for nov 6th, but when i click in to it, it says shipped and i have a tracking number. like i got a email saying shipped. but i get the same message when i try to track "We are currently unable to confirm that status of your parcel. Please check the number and try again. Please note that items sent over 4 months ago cannot be tracked online. If you are tracking a parcel sent from outside of the UK, we may not have received it yet. Please try again or use the help button below."

I would think they are working over the weekend getting phones ready for dispatch but Parcel force most likely are not collecting until Monday.

There warehouse I am sure have Parcel Force software to print labels and obtain the tracking numbers but they are not active until collected and scanned Monday.

Its not unusual to get a shipping email with the tracking number but for the tracking number not to be active for 24hrs or until the Monday if over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,747 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

anyone able to offer me advice here - can't get google to think I am not in Ireland.

I have used tunnelbear and, alternatively, unblock-us to mask me to the UK, but as soon as I log in to my google account to buy, it says the devices arent available to buy in my country. I would assume this is because of my BoI MasterCard, yeah? I have changed the billing address of my card to the parcel motel address (the norther ireland one) but that doesn't appear to have changed anything. Anything I can do?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

anyone able to offer me advice here - can't get google to think I am not in Ireland.

I have used tunnelbear and, alternatively, unblock-us to mask me to the UK, but as soon as I log in to my google account to buy, it says the devices arent available to buy in my country. I would assume this is because of my BoI MasterCard, yeah? I have changed the billing address of my card to the parcel motel address (the norther ireland one) but that doesn't appear to have changed anything. Anything I can do?
    Create a new Google account. I had to do that and it worked fine.

I think your issue is that you need to create a new google acccount, since google know you are not based in the UK. If you create the new account with tunnelbear on it should fix your issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭positron

My parcelforce tracking changed from 'dont know' to 'accepted, collected from customer' just there at 11:00 am. ParcelForce working on a Sunday? Or perhaps some automated script is running on their db servers that accepts all the backlog stuff generated by clients like Google...

Anyway, if ParcelForce picks up the phone on Monday, Dublin on Tuesday (don't they route thru Dublin) and to ParcelMotel that night perhaps? So can I expect it in the local motel Wednesday the latest, or Thursday.

Create a new Google account. I had to do that and it worked fine.
    kalych wrote: »
    I think your issue is that you need to create a new google acccount, since google know you are not based in the UK. If you create the new account with tunnelbear on it should fix your issues.

I used my existing account here is the steps I followed in this post.

Note between step 3 & 4 I logged into my Google Irish account and proceeded to checkout/buy.

positron wrote: »
    My parcelforce tracking changed from 'dont know' to 'accepted, collected from customer' just there at 11:00 am. ParcelForce working on a Sunday? Or perhaps some automated script is running on their db servers that accepts all the backlog stuff generated by clients like Google...

Anyway, if ParcelForce picks up the phone on Monday, Dublin on Tuesday (don't they route thru Dublin) and to ParcelMotel that night perhaps? So can I expect it in the local motel Wednesday the latest, or Thursday.

Same here, also at 11 sharp. Either they are open Sundays for "special" customers or it is indeed an automated script.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭grolschmore

mine just change also 03-11-2013 11:00 London North West Depot Collected from customer,

although still says pre ordered on my orders page in google. but when i click on it, it says shipped

positron wrote: »

Just checked mine there again also and same as above. Interesting looks like they are collecting or have collected...:) Sometimes I think when the drivers collect if they don't have a real time uplink back to their systems the update happens when they return to office and plug in their scanners or alternatively it would be a daily batch process or delay as its the weekend? Either way looks like things are moving now...

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭robertdempsey

After over 24 hours my tracking number now returns data.

... London north west depot.. Collected from customer.

Anyone else getting this?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Yep, mine had another line this morning at 11am saying that it had been collected from customer. I'm assuming that means it's on the move from there now to parcel motel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

I am aswell. I thought they were leaving Dublin. Parcel Force must of brought them to their sorting office in the UK before then being sorted and sent back over to Antrim argghh.

Advertisement