Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nexus 5

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭robertdempsey

Don't think they are being shipped from Dublin. Glad others got the same tracking status. My status was at 11am too.

Might have these Monday or Tuesday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

This review has been edited a few times but it's a p1ss poor effort. The comments are the better read.

http://thenextweb.com/google/2013/11/02/hands-first-impressions-googles-nexus-5-android-4-4-kitkat/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,295 ✭✭✭emo72

Don't think they are being shipped from Dublin. Glad others got the same tracking status. My status was at 11am too.

Might have these Monday or Tuesday!

My first parcel force tracking notification was sent on Friday at 720 am. "Collected from customer" and it was in the north London depot.

Second update came at 1100am today. Exact same message.

So it's just an update saying nothing has changed. At first when I clicked into the parcel force tracking and seen an update I was surprised to see movement on Sunday. Then I realised it was nothing new. Would hazard a guess Tuesday night before it's in my clammy paws.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,378 ✭✭✭positron

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,949 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Just for anyone having issues ordering follow the steps in the sticky thread.
    Plus.
    Clear cache in all browsers. I found using Firefox didn't work until I cleared the chrome cache
    Also sign into your account before adding the device to basket.

hth

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

Am I the only one still pending since early Friday evening order ::cries

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,378 ✭✭✭positron

And as I posted last night, Amazon UK is selling Nexus.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/LG-Nexus-5-Smartphone-Black/dp/B00GDD9N60/ref=sr_1_3?

Currently out of stock from Amazon directly, but would you look at the asking - £529 for 16 gb!!! That's like 200 sterling mark up!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,295 ✭✭✭emo72

This review has been edited a few times but it's a p1ss poor effort. The comments are the better read.

http://thenextweb.com/google/2013/11/02/hands-first-impressions-googles-nexus-5-android-4-4-kitkat/

It was a weird review. The corning glass got smudged when he put a finger on it.. Wow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

Ordered mine at about 6pm yesterday and got an email this morning telling me it had shipped! Delighted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

Create a new Google account. I had to do that and it worked fine.

I did the same as you......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭gzoladz

Same here, is it safe to assume that it will be delivered tomorrow at Parcel motel Newry so it should be at night in Dublin or I am too optimistic?

What phones are you all upgrading from. I'm still rocking the sgs2 so it should be a great improvement.

Also I believe it has a notification light which I miss from my first android .. HTC hero.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

What phones are you all upgrading from. I'm still rocking the sgs2 so it should be a great improvement.

Also I believe it has a notification light which I miss from my first android .. HTC hero.

I have an iPhone 4 which is crawling since ios7. Was going to wait for iPhone 6 but changed my mind and getting iPad mini retina and Nexus 5 instead.

DrMorphine wrote: »
    I have an iPhone 4 which is crawling since ios7. Was going to wait for iPhone 6 but changed my mind and getting iPad mini retina and Nexus 5 instead.

Good choice. I was ready to order the nexus 10 (2013) too but it never came out. Did you order a n5 case? Not sure what one I should get.. And where from!

Good choice. I was ready to order the nexus 10 (2013) too but it never came out. Did you order a n5 case? Not sure what one I should get.. And where from!

Yeah I ordered the below, but I will probably get the phone well before the case looking at the shipping dates and the amount he has sold in like 24 hours.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/181249120200?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Yeah I ordered the below, but I will probably get the phone well before the case looking at the shipping dates and the amount he has sold in like 24 hours.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/181249120200?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Expensive delivery to Ireland!

Expensive delivery to Ireland!

Parcel Motel :D €3.50.

Parcel Motel :D €3.50.

Lol. Smart! Did you get a screen protector?

Think I'll order that case today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

Stuxnet wrote: »
    Am I the only one still pending since early Friday evening order ::cries
    Im the same. Its kind of frustrating seeing other peoples orders progressing quicker than mine for no apparent reason :) Mine is still on "Pending" since Friday.

Lol. Smart! Did you get a screen protector?

Think I'll order that case today.

Yeah I got the screen protector off the same seller in same order:

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/190943596057?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

• Advertisement

cooperguy wrote: »
    Im the same. Its kind of frustrating seeing other peoples orders progressing quicker than mine for no apparent reason :) Mine is still on "Pending" since Friday.

Hmm..
    Did you get a confirmation email? What did the back say? What card did you use?

Yeah I got the screen protector off the same seller in same order:

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/190943596057?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

.. Hopefully they will be shipped together so your only paying pm for one stay!

Did you ask him to combine the other?

.. Hopefully they will be shipped together so your only paying pm for one stay!

Did you ask him to combine the other?

Yeah you can request combined shipping before you pay for them

What sim card does the n5 take?

Standard, nano or micro?

Thanks
    Rob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭Taco Corp

iphone 3GS, it's dying a slow death. friend of mine in the UK has bought this for me so can't wait

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭marketty

So like an eejit I decided last night to try ordering from google. Card was declined (BOI MasterCard) but spoke to the security team this morning and tried again. Didn't decline this time and am currently pending for a white 32gb, apparently shipping by the 8th. Have my billing address as Irish address + parcel motel postcode + Great Brit. so not sure if that will work when they actually try to charge me.

I'm still waiting on a price match / explanation from handtec as to why they are charging so much

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭marketty

What sim card does the n5 take?

Standard, nano or micro?

Thanks
    Rob

I believe it's a micro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

Like others have reported my parcel force tracking code is also active and my phone is at their London North West Depot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

marketty wrote: »
    I believe it's a micro

Yes, micro-sim. 4th line of these specs.

http://www.gsmarena.com/lg_nexus_5-5705.php

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭theroomisonfire

I just checked the status or my order on parcel force and it is now saying that it has been collected from the customer and is in the Lndon north west depot

Advertisement