Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nexus 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Stuxnet wrote: »
    Am I the only one still pending since early Friday evening order ::cries

Nope, ordered at 7pm Thursday, was still 'Pending' two days later, emailed google but no response, emailed them once the next day only to received a response that didn't deal with anything I had said in my email and told me to look into the emails they sent for more info... the emails they never sent in the first place... Canceled the order this morning, no email to confirm anything, logged back in to find the account still sows the phone there un-cancelled still pending... I gave up.

Set up a new account and am waiting with that lovely 'Pending' bullcrap once more.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭robertdempsey

god's toy wrote: »
    Nope, ordered at 7pm Thursday, was still 'Pending' two days later, emailed google but no response, emailed them once the next day only to received a response that didn't deal with anything I had said in my email and told me to look into the emails they sent for more info... the emails they never sent in the first place... Canceled the order this morning, no email to confirm anything, logged back in to find the account still sows the phone there un-cancelled still pending... I gave up.

Set up a new account and am waiting with that lovely 'Pending' bullcrap once more.

When I cancelled my first order on Thursday (as I did not get a confirmation email) I placed a new order on Friday, used Aib master card and received confirmation email about 5 minutes afterwards. Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 feelers

I topped up my parcel motel account with 10€ when do they actually charge you?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

feelers wrote: »
    I topped up my parcel motel account with 10€ when do they actually charge you?

When they receive the package

When they receive the package
    Thanks man!

Do any of you no if instead of delivery to the parcel motel near me can they just deliver to my hone address? If so how?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭marketty

well i'm glad to say i just got a 'shipped' email! ordered this morning about 11. didn't expect to hear anything for a few days so pretty happy, won't get too excited yet though!

marketty wrote: »
    well i'm glad to say i just got a 'shipped' email! ordered this morning about 11. didn't expect to hear anything for a few days so pretty happy, won't get too excited yet though!

Which did you order? You put parcel motels address for everything?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,121 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

What phones are you all upgrading from. I'm still rocking the sgs2 so it should be a great improvement.

Also I believe it has a notification light which I miss from my first android .. HTC hero.

I've same Android History as you!
    HTC Hero > SGS II > Nexus 5.

I don't feel i need an upgrade. CM 10.1 stable is excellent. Would like a higher res screen since I bought a nook HD+.

Edit. Good news here also. Tracking code is active.

Ah ha! The Google have just told me my reorder (from new account) has shipped!

ok its the 16GB one so gonna use that until the 32GB one comes in a few weeks later and sell it on.

end of saga it seams. :cool:

I've same Android History as you!
    HTC Hero > SGS II > Nexus 5.

I don't feel i need an upgrade. CM 10.1 stable is excellent. Would like a higher res screen since I bought a nook HD+.

Edit. Good news here also. Tracking code is active.
    . Which did u buy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭R28

Am I the only one still pending since early Friday evening order ::cries

I am pending since Thursday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

Folks, Nexus 5: USB OTG support. Yes or no?
    Thanks.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

quintron wrote: »
    Folks, Nexus 5: USB OTG support. Yes or no?
    Thanks.

Previous Nexus devices do so I can't see why not. My unrooted GN and N10 can use OTG cables no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭kalych

5starpool wrote: »
    Previous Nexus devices do so I can't see why not. My unrooted GN and N10 can use OTG cables no problem.

Google disables this by default, although a quick search on the old www shows that there is some code in Nexus 5 for OTG use with "some" peripherals, it is probably not fully supported. granted once you root it sky is the limit and some smart guy will surely find a way to enable full OTG support.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

kalych wrote: »
    Google disables this by default, although a quick search on the old www shows that there is some code in Nexus 5 for OTG use with "some" peripherals, it is probably not fully supported. granted once you root it sky is the limit and some smart guy will surely find a way to enable full OTG support.

Using a paid app (cost 2 or 3 euro) called Nexus Media Importer I can read on my nexus devices without root. If I wanted write though I would have to root it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭marketty

Which did you order? You put parcel motels address for everything?

A white 32gb. Would have preferred a black one but the site said that wouldn't ship for 2-3 weeks, and I didn't want to wait. For my billing address I entered my Irish address but with PM post code and country was GB.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

Do you think I could sell an iPhone 4S and have enough to buy this. It's in mint condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

R28 wrote: »
    I am pending since Thursday evening.
    Doesnt bode well for us so I guess ? Im thinking maybe bank have my card (AIB Visa Debit) on hold as reported by some..? They dont have my new number in case they were trying to ring me, Ill check it out with them in the morning,

Doesnt bode well for us so I guess ? Im thinking maybe bank have my card (AIB Visa Debit) on hold as reported by some..? They dont have my new number in case they were trying to ring me, Ill check it out with them in the morning,

I am going to ring my bank tomorrow too. I think it could be the model/size that is holding it out...I ordered the black 32gb model. I see on the play store now that says "ships in 2-3 weeks" but everything else is ships by November 8th. Might be more of a backlog with that model.

It did say "Ships by Nov 8th" when I ordered it so I will try and hold on until Nov 8th before I do anything to drastic. I nearly panic ordered a 16g model but I may as well hold on to the 8th. I have to take deep breaths and remind myself that it's only a phone....

marketty wrote: »
    A white 32gb. Would have preferred a black one but the site said that wouldn't ship for 2-3 weeks, and I didn't want to wait. For my billing address I entered my Irish address but with PM post code and country was GB.

Yep did that 2nd time round and worked fine. First time I had PM in both.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Aspiring wrote: »
    Do you think I could sell an iPhone 4S and have enough to buy this. It's in mint condition.

You'll have to out 50-100 with what you get I'd say depending on size.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭kalych

god's toy wrote: »
    Yep did that 2nd time round and worked fine. First time I had PM in both.

I had the PM address in both fields and apart from the bank ringing to confirm it wasn't a fraudulent transaction had no issues. got the "shipped" email and money taken from the account. Maybe this is bank specific, though, I am with PTSB.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

I take it those with pending are the 32gb black ones ?

kalych wrote: »
    I had the PM address in both fields and apart from the bank ringing to confirm it wasn't a fraudulent transaction had no issues. got the "shipped" email and money taken from the account. Maybe this is bank specific, though, I am with PTSB.

Could be. my bank show no attempt on googles part to get any money, they just put me on hold so to speak with no communication... but 2nd time round they were in within hours all good to go and then emails to confirm everything.:confused:

I think its just down to pure luck of what works as I'm reading all kinds of permutations and what works for one doesn't for another and so on.

Ste- wrote: »

Yep, mine was. but wife got her info right away a day after I ordered mine.

Thata what i was just going to ask. I think the reason its pending is that they're out of stock

Seems to be.

Curse our need to be stylish and have lots of free memory space.

R28 wrote: »
    Seems to be.

Curse our need to be stylish and have lots of free memory space.

Sh*t i was going to order the black 32 tomorrow, g

But dont want to wait that long guess its a white for me :(
    The white isn't meant to feel the same as the blacks back and the side are plastic instead of a soft touch

Thata what i was just going to ask. I think the reason its pending is that they're out of stock

I don't think so, as said many times in this thread, I ordered mine a 7pm on Thursday when the wait was only a few days and it was stuck in pending people who ordered a 32GB black after me got dispatch emails , my wife only ordered today and got it no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭JKGT

Would love to know the age group of everyone in this thread buying the nexus haha I'm in my 30s and I feel like I'm 7 again waiting on Santa to arrive with the latest toys...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭IrishStuff09

The white isn't meant to feel the same as the blacks back and the side are plastic instead of a soft touch
    Seriously? Might get a black one if thats the case then

Advertisement