Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nexus 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

JKGT wrote: »
    Would love to know the age group of everyone in this thread buying the nexus haha I'm in my 30s and I feel like I'm 7 again waiting on Santa to arrive with the latest toys...

I got mine on the day and im in my late 30s :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32 feelers

god's toy wrote: »
    I don't think so, as said many times in this thread, I ordered mine a 7pm on Thursday when the wait was only a few days and it was stuck in pending, my wife only ordered today and got it no problem.
    Did she order a 32gb black?

Seriously? Might get a black one if thats the case then

This is what read.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭R28

feelers wrote: »

I have a feeling there's a large random element to who/what is getting their shipping notices and those of us like myself who are stuck in limbo. It may be that it is only some 32gb black are backlogged while others get through easily.

Google is a fickle God.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Emazed

So can anyone confirm if I use a BOI MasterCard will I need to ring the bank or will things run smoothly as is??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭R28

Would love to know the age group of everyone in this thread buying the nexus haha I'm in my 30s and I feel like I'm 7 again waiting on Santa to arrive with the latest toys...

Given I haven't gotten any confirmation emails or shipping emails and my order status on the Play Store just says "preordered" I feel more like I'm 7 but Santa has given me a lump of coal instead of the latest toys....I'm 33 really but inside I'm 7, peering in at the window at all the other kids playing with their Nexus 5's while I freeze to death on the freezing streets.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Yep.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Ordered one yesterday that is on pending then another today that says pre order. So hoping at least one of them gets delivered. Both black 32gb.

Seriously? Might get a black one if thats the case then

This is what read.

This is the only difference between white and black http://imgur.com/Ey70vJh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

34 years young here and a BIG techy geek kid at heart :P Can't stop reading all the threads on XDA about it and I don't even have the feckin' thing yet!!

Also, there seems to be a good few international competitions to win one so fingers crossed!!

Cheers,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Does anyone on boards own one yet? :D

If they get delivered to PM tomorrow, I'll get mine Tues morning. I think people in Dublin will get them on Mon night though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭robertdempsey

I'm 30 years young!

Just in-case someone hasn't seen a N5 video yet.

(can someone tell me why it takes so frigging long to get videos up? just fire up your cams and lash them out people!)

Oh and 40 young...ish?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

I'm going from a Samsung Europa to a Nexus 5. I had been carrying the Europa and a Nexus 7.. (heavy enough in an inside jacket pocket) and i just wanted to squeeze both devices into one.

I'm also addicted to the 'pure' Android experience and of not being at the whim of carriers and 'testing' before release, to the latest. (often never)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭gzoladz

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Does anyone on boards own one yet? :D

If they get delivered to PM tomorrow, I'll get mine Tues morning. I think people in Dublin will get them on Mon night though :)

What's the feeling? Well they be delivered to pm tomorrow or if it's too hopeful wishing?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

gzoladz wrote: »
    What's the feeling? Well they be delivered to pm tomorrow or if it's too hopeful wishing?

I think that the ones that shipped on Friday morn might be in PM by tomorrow.

The ones that shipped on Sat, like my own might not be until Tuesday.

That's just a guess of course :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,274 ✭✭✭emo72

mine shipped 710 friday morning. i hope your right. however maybe they have got three days worth in the london depot and its pot luck what gets moving first. will update in the morning if mine gets moving.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

which courier from the uk is the shipping with?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Battleflag wrote: »
    which courier from the uk is the shipping with?

ParcelForce.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Rockn

Rockn wrote: »
    I ordered last night but I got an email saying that my Google Wallet account is suspended for "suspicious activity" and my order was cancelled. I went through TunnelBear, set up a new Google account, added PM address and Visa Debit card, and ordered the phone.

To unblock Google Wallet I need to supply government issued ID and proof of address that matches the given address which obviously I can't do.

I guess I'll try again. Should I have used my own address for the billing address and the PM address for delivery? Or some people are saying they just used their own address with PM postcode?

Tried again last night at 10pm with a new account and got an email this morning saying it's shipped. And now we wait...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,121 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

Emazed wrote: »
    So can anyone confirm if I use a BOI MasterCard will I need to ring the bank or will things run smoothly as is??

I didn't. Actually, now I think of it, the address I used was completely wrong as I mixed up the cards I was using. First line was a mix of an Irish address and parcel motel. Rest was Parcel motel. I have an active tracking code now.
    I ordered a 32GB Black On friday around 2000, with a BOI master card.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Both orders cancelled. Now to try a new account. Bugger.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Emazed

I didn't. Actually, now I think of it, the address I used was completely wrong as I mixed up the cards I was using. First line was a mix of an Irish address and parcel motel. Rest was Parcel motel. I have an active tracking code now.
    I ordered a 32GB Black On friday around 2000, with a BOI master card.

Oh for some reason my card was declining , I'm just gonna try tomorrow with a different google account , let's hope it runs smoothly :P , think I'll have to wait 2-3 weeks before I get the black 32gb according to play store :mad:

Anybody here order a black 32gb when it said it would be 2-3weeks until shipped get there shipping details already. Debating on getting a white if it really is 2-3weeks

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Anybody here order a black 32gb when it said it would be 2-3weeks until shipped get there shipping details already. Debating on getting a white if it really is 2-3weeks

Mine said it would ship on the 8th and it went out yesterday. I think the times on the website are a bit on the conservative side.

Yep wife did, ordered yesterday, got tracking number today however on the email it still says it will be 2/3 weeks. Tracking number not live yet. Will update if she gets it fast than said times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Mine said it would ship on the 8th and it went out yesterday. I think the times on the website are a bit on the conservative side.

Think it said "Leaves warehouse by November 8" rather than leaving the 8th

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

I've same Android History as you!
    HTC Hero > SGS II > Nexus 5.

Me too.. except mine goes a bit more like -

HTC Hero > Nexus One > HTC Desire > SGS II > HTC One X > Nexus 4 > Nexus 5

• Advertisement

And when did u order

Advertisement