Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nexus 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

Hmm..
    Did you get a confirmation email? What did the back say? What card did you use?
    I have been in contact with Google. They have told me that my order is under review to ensure no fraudulent activity! They said it will take 48 hours. I guess ill find out tomorrow if I get my Nexus or not!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

HTC Desire > Galaxy Nexus > Galaxy S4 > Galaxy Nexus :D > Nexus 5

hopefully have it delivered tomorrow or tuesday :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I just realised this will be my 6th android phone since April '10

SE Xperia X10 > Galaxy SII > SE Xperia X8 > S Xperia S > LG Nexus 4 > LG Nexus 5

I buy too many phones :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

feelers wrote: »
    And when did u order

Thursday about 18:45

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭robertdempsey

cooperguy wrote: »
    I have been in contact with Google. They have told me that my order is under review to ensure no fraudulent activity! They said it will take 48 hours. I guess ill find out tomorrow if I get my Nexus or not!

Fingers crossed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

My list is HTC Hero - HTC Desire - Blackberry 9900 - iPhone 4 - iPhone 4s - Galaxy S2 - HTC One X - S3 - Note 2 - Blackberry Q10 - HTC One - N4 - Note 3. Now back to the trusty HTC One while I wait for the N5 so this will be my tenth Android! Bloody hell I have a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

On Android its: SGS, SGS 2, Dell streak 5, SGS 3, N4, N5

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

HTC Hero > iPhone 4 > Nexus 5

• Registered Users Posts: 32 feelers

If i order a black 32gb tomorrow do u really think il bw waiting 3 weeks :(

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭JKGT

This happened me last year while ordering my N4.. My account was frozen and They asked me to verify address to match credit cards with a copy of statement and photo id.. Once I done that all was OK, I used the same card this time around and with no problems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭pedatron

No confirmation email or anything off carphone warehouse or movement on my bank AC. Only got confirmation message off the website that I didn't save! :( Am I at a thing called nothing do ye reckon?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Need phone verification to set up a new account? Is this new?

Nevermind left it blank and it continued.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

JKGT wrote:
    This happened me last year while ordering my N4.. My account was frozen and They asked me to verify address to match credit cards with a copy of statement and photo id.. Once I done that all was OK, I used the same card this time around and with no problems.
    My problem is I wont be able to do that! I have Parcel Motel address in as my Billing and Shipping address. This probably wont work out in my favour!

If that happens can I reorder and change my billing address to my Irish address or will this cause them not to ship it to me (because im in Ireland?)

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭seanaor

They're in Belfast! Getting close now!

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭seanaor

seanaor wrote: »

Whicever driver gets our batch of phones will have easiest job ever today. Straight to parcel motel, unload the whole van and then go home

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

I wonder if we'll have them by this evening?

polaris68 wrote: »
    I wonder if we'll have them by this evening?

I know from experience with Parcel Motel, if it appears on their website today then it will be delivered to my motel in Cork early morning tomorrow and I will have email usually between 6 and 10am. Wouldn't be surprised if Dublin people get them tonight as must be huge volume of Parcel Motel customers there

• Registered Users Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭positron

Wow in Belfast already. That means Parcel force collected and moved it thru the weekend. Impressive. I would expect it in Drogheda motel tomorrow am.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

got the same but nothing on parcel motel yet...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭theroomisonfire

Do parcel motel send you a photo of your package when it arrives at their depot in Northern Ireland?

got the same but nothing on parcel motel yet...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

I'd say they will be delivered to PM today.
    Some Dublin folk will get them tonight.
    Rest of us tomorrow am.

Only issue is that I'm at the other end of the country to my delivery location until tomorrow night :(

Do parcel motel send you a photo of your package when it arrives at their depot in Northern Ireland?

Yes and the funds are deducted from your account then.

EDIT: Sorry they don't send you a photo, but on their website it shows a photo of it.

Mz4cZeb

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

You can view it on the site.
    They don't send it.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭JKGT

My problem is I wont be able to do that! I have Parcel Motel address in as my Billing and Shipping address. This probably wont work out in my favour!

If that happens can I reorder and change my billing address to my Irish address or will this cause them not to ship it to me (because im in Ireland?)

Are you using visa or visa debit card? I used visa, I added pm as a delivery address last time round but only after I had my account unlocked, can you log into Google wallet?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Loaded on a vehicle for delivery now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

Still pending since friday 32gb white....grrrrrr !

Rang bank, no hold on card either, this is nuts, people are ordering yesterday and getting shipped phones....Id cancel and re-order..but could go bad :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

Loaded on a vehicle for delivery now.

4-11-2013 09:32 Belfast Central Depot Loaded to vehicle for delivery

On their way to Parcel Motel!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

marcbrophy wrote: »
    I just realised this will be my 6th android phone since April '10

SE Xperia X10 > Galaxy SII > SE Xperia X8 > S Xperia S > LG Nexus 4 > LG Nexus 5

I buy too many phones :D

Erm...your not the only one...such a bad habit :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,215 ✭✭✭digiman

Going to pick mines up now. My work colleagues think I am crazy, I will actually be a bit embarrassed to show them my new phone tomorrow. My list of phones in the last while is as follows, since the iphone 5 I have been pretty bad!!

Iphone 3S -> HTC Desire -> SGS2 -> HTC One X -> Iphone5 -> HTC One -> SGS4 -> HTC One (Again) -> First Nexus 5

Advertisement