Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nexus 5

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

My 2 phones are in Belfast, then have to go to Waterford, then being brought up to Dublin for me on Wednesday. Nice tour of the country for them anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭kalych

Loaded on a vehicle for delivery now.

Same here, should be in parcel motel shortly, I'd say we filled the full truck with our orders.

digiman wrote: »
    Going to pick mines up now. My work colleagues think I am crazy, I will actually be a bit embarrassed to show them my new phone tomorrow. My list of phones in the last while is as follows, since the iphone 5 I have been pretty bad!!

Iphone 3S -> HTC Desire -> SGS2 -> HTC One X -> Iphone5 -> HTC One -> SGS4 -> HTC One (Again) -> First Nexus 5

Crazy man. Is Nicole buying you all the phones?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 LimMurf

My prediction is that Dublin users will have their package by 6pm and the rest of the country shouldn't be surprised if they get theirs before midnight. This is just based on my past experience with Parcel Motel..

Got such a big college assignment due today but I can't stop refreshing PM and ParcelForce tracking. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

JKGT wrote: »
    Are you using visa or visa debit card? I used visa, I added pm as a delivery address last time round but only after I had my account unlocked, can you log into Google wallet?
    I am using visa aswell. Yes I can log into wallet, is there something I should update?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Loaded on a vehicle for delivery now.

Mines the same, and yet I still appear not to have paid for it. Bit odd, but fine by me :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

madmoe wrote: »
    Erm...your not the only one...such a bad habit :D

It certainly is :pac:

When's the Nexus 6 being announced? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

Hey lads, I need to call Google on the phone to see what the deal is with my order....I want to cancel it and try with a different card if the current one is not gonna go anywhere. So my question to you is do you know what the telephone number for them is?

Cheers,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭JKGT

cooperguy wrote: »
    I am using visa aswell. Yes I can log into wallet, is there something I should update?

You have not been locked out of your account anyhow so you might still be alright... Add pm as a delivery address anyhow in case they ring your card company to verify..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Just ordered another 32gb black. Hope this one doesn't get cancelled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

History is relatively short.

HTC Desire HD to Samsung GS3 to Nexus 5.

Ordered the new Nexus 7 to house in Belfast a few weeks ago. Parents were supposed to be calling down to visit family and was going to grab it off them then. They had to delay until this Saturday. Works out perfectly as I'll now have a shiny new N5 and N7 to play with on Sat afternoon!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Ordered mine yesterday, got an email of shipping later that day, tracking has it to be delivered today. (I'm in Edinburgh)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

digiman wrote: »
    Iphone 3S -> HTC Desire -> SGS2 -> HTC One X -> Iphone5 -> HTC One -> SGS4 -> HTC One (Again) -> First Nexus 5

What was wrong with the SGS4?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 feelers

Ordered mine yesterday, got an email of shipping later that day, tracking has it to be delivered today. (I'm in Edinburgh)
    What colour and memory did u order

feelers wrote: »
    What colour and memory did u order

Black 16GB

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭rovoagho

Folks, can ye take the chit-chat about phone histories elsewhere please? This thread is about the N5.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 feelers

Jusr ordered a black 32gb hope its not like 3 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

2nd order cancelled.
    Anyone manage this with a credit card and not visa debit ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,215 ✭✭✭digiman

5starpool wrote: »
    Crazy man. Is Nicole buying you all the phones?

Nah, haven't seen Nicole in since last Xmas Eve. Hopefully she will show her face this year again.
    Zab wrote: »
    What was wrong with the SGS4?

Nothing really, I did drop it one day and cracked the back of it and then could get a HTC One with work for free so took it and sold the S4 then.

So have my N5 now and impressed so far. Bedtime now but will get a good play with it tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

Ste- wrote: »
    2nd order cancelled.
    Anyone manage this with a credit card and not visa debit ?

yes. parcelmotel as address in north, my home address with UK as country and parcelmotel postcode. i did email my cc card to tell them it was okay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭TakeTheVeil

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭grolschmore

i just googlemaped the parcel force warehouse to parcel motel. Its a 15 min drive. Whats taking so long

• Registered Users Posts: 8,716 ✭✭✭micks_address

im wondering if its worth upgrading from the Nexus 4.. yes its faster, has bigger screen.. but is it much better? My Nexus 4 is fine for what I use it for.. plus im just after buying a broddit phone holder for the car which the nexus 4 slides into.. no doubt i'd need to change it for the nexus 5.. even though its only .5 mm wider than the nexus 4

i just googlemaped the parcel force warehouse to parcel motel. Its a 15 min drive. Whats taking so long

It's likely that they could be one of the last on the list for delivery, if they're working farthest to nearest.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭positron

Lol, there is a child inside every grown up person and all that :D

They might have delivered it to PM, but perhaps the delivery van need to come back to ParcelForce for them to update the delivered status with exact time? I know from past experience that even if PM gets a delivery, they scan them in batches, so it might 2pm or so before they scan it it, and load onto a truck around 3/4/5 pm. Dublin around 8 and the will sort and deliver to your motel overnight (usually around 2-3 am to Drogheda motel for instance).

Good news is, it's coming! There is no bad news.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭grolschmore

I'm like a kid at christmas. i ordered sat morning expecting to wait at least a week. now its in Belfast I'm tempted to drive up and get it somehow. i used to be a iPhone man, switched to s3 then s4 then htc one, now a true android phone. i just want to play with it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Mine was delivered to Parcel Motel at 11:56am :)

im wondering if its worth upgrading from the Nexus 4.. yes its faster, has bigger screen.. but is it much better? My Nexus 4 is fine for what I use it for.. plus im just after buying a broddit phone holder for the car which the nexus 4 slides into.. no doubt i'd need to change it for the nexus 5.. even though its only .5 mm wider than the nexus 4

Unless you really want to upgrade I wouldn't bother if I were you. Although I convinced myself I somehow needed a new phone, my old Galaxy Nexus still worked fine, albeit with a few minor annoyances and a small bit of lag at times. If your N4 is working fine though, upgrading really is unnecessary, although if you are selling your N4 and can get 200 for it perhaps, for the €160 price difference to the 16gb model you might think it worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

I'm like a kid at christmas. i ordered sat morning expecting to wait at least a week. now its in Belfast I'm tempted to drive up and get it somehow. i used to be a iPhone man, switched to s3 then s4 then htc one, now a true android phone. i just want to play with it

Like you I had the S3 and the S4 and liked them both but ALWAYS ended up putting a nearly stock ROM on them! Now it's time for the N5 and pure stock Android and most of all no more rooting and all the frustration\annoyance that comes with it!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Wohoo, 11:56 DELIVERED

C'mon Parcel Motel, no pressure now ;)

Advertisement