Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nexus 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Delivered to PM :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Guys! Anyone who was told it's a 2 to 3 week delay for the black 32 GB N5 may just be on luck.

My wife ordered hers on Saturday and got the 2/3 week delay email from Google, however her office (Belfast branch) has just phoned to say it's been dropped off! That's only a few days...
    Looks like 2/3 weeks may be a typo and meant to be Days!

They will be sending down today by Carrier and will update if everything is as it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

So how long until this thread is about the phone instead of the ordering of the phone? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭positron

Poor ParcelMotel IT crowd!! They must be wondering why everything is crawling to a stop since 11:55 - They won't know what hit them..! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭robertdempsey

DrMorphine wrote: »
    Mine was delivered to Parcel Motel at 11:56am :)

Looks like our phones are traveling together!

• Advertisement

So how long until this thread is about the phone instead of the ordering of the phone? :pac:

Feel free to create a Nexus 5 owners thread if you like.

This thread will morph into an ordering thread, like it did last year :D

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭grolschmore

delivered also at 11.56. come on pm

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Looks like our phones are traveling together!

Where's mine? It left at 9.40 too, but no sign of it at PM yet :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

god's toy wrote: »
    Guys! Anyone who was told it's a 2 to 3 week delay for the black 32 GB N5 may just be on luck.

My wife ordered hers on Saturday and got the 2/3 week delay email from Google, however her office (Belfast branch) has just phoned to say it's been dropped off! That's only a few days...
    Looks like 2/3 weeks may be a typo and meant to be Days!

They will be sending down today by Carrier and will update if everything is as it seems.

Just have to get an order in that's not cancelled first!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Might be an idea to do like last year and update the first post with details of the ordering process so that every second post isn't "How do I order this?"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Where's mine? It left at 9.40 too, but no sign of it at PM yet :(

It hasn't been scanned through the system at PM yet just they have all been signed for by PM from parcel force. Check your parcel force tracking

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

Delivered at 11.56am and signed for by a Mr/Ms Shawthorne.

Now to start F5ing the Parcel Motel website. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

It hasn't been scanned through the system at PM yet just they have all been signed for by PM from parcel force. Check your parcel force tracking

I was doing that, and there was no change. However, now it has been delivered :pac:

For the people who want to talk to their phone when it's not in hand, i.e. saying "Ok Google" to get the phone to respond. I believe lots are having trouble with this.

From what I've read, to get the voice system to listen to you, it has to be in English (United States). Any others and it's not allowed.

There's also a plus for this setup as if you don't want the phone to be listening to you at all, change it to English (United Kingdom) and it won't be listening :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Ste- wrote: »
    Just have to get an order in that's not cancelled first!

Got 1.19 deducted from my card. Had changed my credit cards address to parcel motel. Seems to have done the trick.
    1 step closer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

marcbrophy wrote: »
    For the people who want to talk to their phone when it's not in hand, i.e. saying "Ok Google" to get the phone to respond. I believe lots are having trouble with this.

From what I've read, to get the voice system to listen to you, it has to be in English (United States). Any others and it's not allowed.

There's also a plus for this setup as if you don't want the phone to be listening to you at all, change it to English (United Kingdom) and it won't be listening :)

Good tip, a lot of reviewers of this phone were not able to get this function working.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,274 ✭✭✭emo72

Who will be first to get their parcel motel picture! Mines in there nearly an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 duffer100

To order on UK playstore, do you need to have a google account that has country setting UK or can you you just use an existing Irish google account?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,607 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

I can confirm this.

Honestly though, I'd rather not have that Ok Google thing enabled by default. If you want to voice search, you can still do it by long pressing the mic on the home screen.

duffer100 wrote: »
    To order on UK playstore, do you need to have a google account that has country setting UK or can you you just use an existing Irish google account?

The actual Google account doesn't matter, just you have put UK address in Google wallet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

i dont but you will have to VPN to it otherwise you default to the nophone irish store.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 duffer100

The actual Google account doesn't matter, just you have put UK address in Google wallet.

But if my google account already has an Irish address attached in google wallet then will I need to use a different account with Uk Google wallet attached?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

I tried my Irish one initially and it would not work :-( Had to then go and set up a British one. From there I then set up another Google Wallet account with my name and address and Antrim as the county with the Northern Ireland postcode.

But if my google account already has an Irish address attached in google wallet then will I need to use a different account with Uk Google wallet attached?

Can you go into Google wallet and just remove it? I had Irish account when got to payment nd I just added UK one and nade it primary nd made Irish acc secondary.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Plus the screen has to be on to use it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

god's toy wrote: »
    Plus the screen has to be on to use it

That is annoying....wish it worked with the screen off like the Moto X!!

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

Got mine this morning after ordering on Saturday, great to have it in my hands. I'm in the UK so it was a bit quicker

Anybody's nexus turn up on the parcel motel system yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭kalych

emo72 wrote: »
    Anybody's nexus turn up on the parcel motel system yet?

Not yet, but can't be long no, right? :confused:

• Advertisement

kalych wrote: »
    Not yet, but can't be long no, right? :confused:

Parcel motel are trolling us.

Advertisement